Lovely hotel,managed to get a beach room upgrade thank you. When we first arrived the hotel was very busy as the South Africans were still on school holidays so breakfast was a little chaotic. We have stayed at the Awahli Heritage in the south before and that was a lot more intimate and you got to know guest relation staff well, so difficult not to compare. The resort itself was much more spread out so lots of space and a lot quieter during the second week so lots of beds round the pool, no need to put towels down!! We loved the adult only infinity pool. We were all inc which is a must if you like a drink or two as very expensive otherwise but a little limited in food choice on all inc. The restaurants were good but overall we preferred the Awahli for choice and food although the buffet restaurant on Thurs night when it had a sample of all the cuisines was very good. The staff as with all Mauritians were fantastic and special mention goes to Dany in Tides Bar and Pravesh in Shores Bar. Not a lot of Brits seemed to be at this hotel so not a lot of scope to meet new people. Not sure about the glass toilet in bedroom though some things need to be private!! I did lose an expensive and sentimental earring in Shores Bar it dropped through the decking. All in all though another fab time thank you.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A Sun Resorts property, Long Beach Golf & Spa Resort is located on the east coast, along one of the island's longest and widest natural beaches. Opened in 2011, it is an elegant and affable holiday resort featuring a unique blend of island chic architecture and tropical landscape. Its 255 rooms are harmoniously arranged in three semi-circles with wonderful views over the crystal-clear waters of the lagoon, the coral reef and the Indian Ocean beyond. With a choice of 5 restaurants, and an extensive range of activities including free green fees at the Ile aux Cerfs Golf Club, your holiday at Long Beach Golf & Spa Resort are a long way from ordinary. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelbag, Booking.com, Expedia, TravelUp, Southall Travel, Holiday Gems, Hotels.com, Ebookers, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Long Beach Golf & Spa Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Long Beach Mauritius Hotel Belle Mare
- Long Beach Golf & Spa Resort Mauritius/Belle Mare