This is a fantastic hotel, location, service etc. and on that basis alone I would give a rating of 5. However, we were recommended by people in the vacation industry to go here for our honeymoon in August. When we arrived it was 17C and cloudy, we asked what was with the weather, we were told that at this time of year its mid-Winter in Mauritius and that’s what it’s like. By 6PM it was night-time and pitch black. In August the island has a very strong winds from the east (southern hemisphere) and this Hotel is on the east coast. We were given a free upgrade to 1st floor beach front apartment, the winds were so strong that we couldn’t sleep at night and has to ask to change rooms.
As we went out for our 1st romantic meal we were greeted with cold , horizontal rain and pitch black darkness that was more like a dark winters night in England and we wonder why we had spent a lot of money and 12 hours in a plane when we could have had better weather in Cornwall. There was some days when we didn’t get much rain and the Sun did come out too but the wind never died down. It was always too windy to stay on the beech which was beautiful.
We were told by the locals that the weather is nice from November onwards…
Bottom line, we should have checked ourselves what the weather is like at that time of year and not relied upon the recommendation of our relations, so unfortunately the rating goes down to just 2…
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A Sun Resorts property, Long Beach Golf & Spa Resort is located on the east coast, along one of the island's longest and widest natural beaches. Opened in 2011, it is an elegant and affable holiday resort featuring a unique blend of island chic architecture and tropical landscape. Its 255 rooms are harmoniously arranged in three semi-circles with wonderful views over the crystal-clear waters of the lagoon, the coral reef and the Indian Ocean beyond. With a choice of 5 restaurants, and an extensive range of activities including free green fees at the Ile aux Cerfs Golf Club, your holiday at Long Beach Golf & Spa Resort are a long way from ordinary. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Destinology, Hotels.com, LoveHolidays, Expedia, Travelbag, TravelUp, Southall Travel, Priceline, Agoda, Odigeo, Holiday Gems, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., HRS, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Long Beach Golf & Spa Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Long Beach Mauritius Hotel Belle Mare
- Long Beach Golf & Spa Resort Mauritius/Belle Mare