We went to Long Beach for our Honeymoon (on our first anniversary) and had the most amazing, special, fancy, exciting, relaxing 10 days. We were in room 305 which was on the second floor, had a lovely balcony with good sea views, modern bathroom and lovely, spacious, coordinated room with everything you could think of. Our room was cleaned twice a day, including a turn-down service and very well done towel-swans!
My husband learned how to sail and windsurf, with huge thanks to Danny at the Beach House, so friendly, helpful and patient! We also used the glass bottom boat, pedalo and went snorkelling – truly amazing! Unfortunately it was a bit windy on some days (but still lovely and warm) and there is quite a bit of coral, but the lovely pool was sheltered nicely so we relaxed on the loungers with an iced coffee there instead of the beach. The pool had two lovely spa areas, close to the bar, pool-side service and there was arranged water polo in the mornings. There was also a gym, tennis, pitch and putt golf and table tennis, as well as organised bike rides and day trips.
Breakfasts were in the main buffet restaurant, nice but got slightly boring after a while. We dined at all of the other restaurants which were all great (especially the exclusive Seafood Extravaganza) and needed to be booked in advance. We were also lucky enough to be invited to two Managers Cocktail evenings and even got to meet Vladamir (Hotel Owner), which was a nice touch. For our anniversary, we arranged lovely breakfast on our balcony and staff were really helpful in suggesting and arranging a reservation at a restaurant nearby.
The Tourist Information office was very helpful, arranging a boat/lagoon/snorkelling trip, car hire, giving us maps and suggestions, also organising a submarine trip!
The only issue we experienced was the arrival of a conference which significantly increased guest numbers (apparently still only two-thirds full) with employees and their families unfortunately changing the quietness and ambience. Overall we had an extremely lovely, special time and would definitely recommend this hotel, however can imagine it gets very windy at times…
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A Sun Resorts property, Long Beach Golf & Spa Resort is located on the east coast, along one of the island's longest and widest natural beaches. Opened in 2011, it is an elegant and affable holiday resort featuring a unique blend of island chic architecture and tropical landscape. Its 255 rooms are harmoniously arranged in three semi-circles with wonderful views over the crystal-clear waters of the lagoon, the coral reef and the Indian Ocean beyond. With a choice of 5 restaurants, and an extensive range of activities including free green fees at the Ile aux Cerfs Golf Club, your holiday at Long Beach Golf & Spa Resort are a long way from ordinary. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Destinology, Ctrip TA, Southall Travel, Priceline, Ebookers, Travelbag, TravelUp, Hotels.com, Prestigia, Agoda, Expedia, Holiday Gems, Traveltool, S.L.U., TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HRS and HotelQuickly so you can book your Long Beach Golf & Spa Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Long Beach Mauritius Hotel Belle Mare
- Long Beach Golf & Spa Resort Mauritius/Belle Mare