The resort is modern and beautiful, but the service lets the resort down
-we found the staff members (particularly at Tides restaurant) unhelpful and quite rude
-The Tides restaurant was the worst experience, the manager would often turn us away when we wanted a table and there was no procedure for booking lunch tables which made the process of getting a seat frustrating. We were told off by one of the waiters for my son putting beach sand on the floor (the restaurant is on the beach!). One lunch service took 2 hours from starter to dessert which I found unacceptable.
-The staff need training as we always would get our coffee without spoons and sugar which was frustrating.
-WIFI was horrible and should not be offered as a service
-The room floor and bathroom weren't cleaned all week and we had to request that the room be cleaned properly.
-We were also woken up by a fire alarm at 6am one morning which was horrible as both our toddler and baby were woken up
-The fact that half of the items in the menus are meant to be paid for was quite annoying as we thought "full board" would offer much more
-We also found the fact that you had to sign for everything you consumed annoying as we have stayed at "full board" resorts before and "sign-off's" were not required, when we checked out we were charged for items we did not consume.
On a positive note, the resort nurse was lovely and helped us with our baby that developed an ear infection
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A Sun Resorts property, Long Beach Golf & Spa Resort is located on the east coast, along one of the island's longest and widest natural beaches. Opened in 2011, it is an elegant and affable holiday resort featuring a unique blend of island chic architecture and tropical landscape. Its 255 rooms are harmoniously arranged in three semi-circles with wonderful views over the crystal-clear waters of the lagoon, the coral reef and the Indian Ocean beyond. With a choice of 5 restaurants, and an extensive range of activities including free green fees at the Ile aux Cerfs Golf Club, your holiday at Long Beach Golf & Spa Resort are a long way from ordinary. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Destinology, LoveHolidays, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Agoda, Ebookers, Odigeo, TravelUp, Expedia, Holiday Gems, Travelbag, Priceline, Southall Travel, Traveltool, S.L.U., TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HRS and HotelQuickly so you can book your Long Beach Golf & Spa Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Long Beach Mauritius Hotel Belle Mare
- Long Beach Golf & Spa Resort Mauritius/Belle Mare