My husband and I recently returned from our two-week honeymoon at this gorgeous hotel. After the busy time before our wedding, we wanted somewhere to relax and we were not disappointed.
Upon arrival, we were greeted with a gong, an ice cold towel and a cold fruit juice which was welcome after a long flight and a bumpy taxi journey. The girl who greeted us was very polite and friendly and she kindly upgraded us being honeymooners, which was a nice touch.
Our room - superior beach front, was lovely - bright, airy and spacious - although they do seem to have a bit of an ant problem. A bottle of sparkling wine was delivered to our room on arrival too which was kind. The bathroom was big, and our room was cleaned daily, with a turn down service each night - the housekeeping staff were very polite - whenever we saw them they wished us good evening which is nice. I wasn't overly fussed about the glass cube which passes off as the loo, but I suspect that a couple on their first holiday might not appreciate the lack of privacy. There was a bit of a lack of mirrors near plug sockets too, so I had to straighten my hair in the reflection of the tv :)
The pools are both gorgeous, the infinity pool is stunning but it was quite breezy up there so we preferred the manin pool. There were plenty of loungers, and lots of beds, including a few in the pool - we enjoyed many a day on these sipping the all inclusive bubbles and cocktails while sunbathing. There were lots of staff on hand to deliver you your cocktails and lunch by the pool if you liked - Chloe and Joanna (I think her name was) were particularly efficient. You could get fresh towels anytime.
The beach was stunning, white, sandy and clean. The sea is warm and not too deep - some people have complained about the rocks further out, but as we are paddlers and not olympians, a little swim in the more shallow areas suited us fine. Tides, the restaurant on the beach is lovely; delicious treats such as tuna tartar, octopus carpaccio, pizza, burger and Mauritian curries were all included in AI. The service is friendly and relaxed, albeit a little slow, but we were in no rush.
I loved the setup of the restaurants around a square. We tended to start off in Shore, where a series of friendly barmen and waiters served us drinks, and, most evenings, canapes. I don't know if this is a regular thing but they were yummy! We tried all of the restaurants. Sapori and Chopsticks were delicious!! Loved them. My waistline will not thank me but we ate very well. Hasu is only included in AI if you go on a 'set menu' night - which I didn't know until another guest told us. You got three options though - I had some absolutely fabulous tuna sashimi and rump of lamb and a lovely white chocolate mousse. Divine. Again, the staff here are very attentive. We don't like buffet restaurants so avoided these at night but the breakfasts were very good - but extremely busy between 9 and 9.30am.
While we were there we attended a gala dinner one night - I assume this is only fortnightly. We had a champagne reception and then a three course meal in Le Marche from a pre-selected menu. It was nice but get to the champage reception early, as it started at 7pm and by the time 7.45pm came, they cleared it all away. Vladamir was very friendly and it was nice to meet him - but I got the impression that the stafff serving the meal were slightly harrassed. There was also a Morocco night, a Brazil night and a 'four world cuisine night' in Le Marche.
The AI wine in the restaurants is very good and there were three of each colour to chose from, and prosecco is included. I would 100% get all inclusive as I think it's quite an expensive place.
All in all, the staff were very attentive and friendly and they quickly got to know us and our room number..(you sign for everything, even on AI). The bar areas are very chic looking and the whole place is modern, bright and clean. It is honeymoon central but we weren't made to feel that way which we appreciated. Would go back in a heartbeat.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A Sun Resorts property, Long Beach Golf & Spa Resort is located on the east coast, along one of the island's longest and widest natural beaches. Opened in 2011, it is an elegant and affable holiday resort featuring a unique blend of island chic architecture and tropical landscape. Its 255 rooms are harmoniously arranged in three semi-circles with wonderful views over the crystal-clear waters of the lagoon, the coral reef and the Indian Ocean beyond. With a choice of 5 restaurants, and an extensive range of activities including free green fees at the Ile aux Cerfs Golf Club, your holiday at Long Beach Golf & Spa Resort are a long way from ordinary. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Holiday Gems, Travelbag, Booking.com, Southall Travel, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, HotelsClick, 5viajes2012 S.L. and getaroom.com so you can book your Long Beach Mauritius reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Long Beach Mauritius Hotel Belle Mare
- Long Beach Mauritius Belle Mare