“Chic, Gorgeous and Romantic”

Long Beach Mauritius
Ranked #4 of 12 Hotels in Belle Mare
Reviewed 20 June 2014

My husband and I recently returned from our two-week honeymoon at this gorgeous hotel. After the busy time before our wedding, we wanted somewhere to relax and we were not disappointed.

Upon arrival, we were greeted with a gong, an ice cold towel and a cold fruit juice which was welcome after a long flight and a bumpy taxi journey. The girl who greeted us was very polite and friendly and she kindly upgraded us being honeymooners, which was a nice touch.

Our room - superior beach front, was lovely - bright, airy and spacious - although they do seem to have a bit of an ant problem. A bottle of sparkling wine was delivered to our room on arrival too which was kind. The bathroom was big, and our room was cleaned daily, with a turn down service each night - the housekeeping staff were very polite - whenever we saw them they wished us good evening which is nice. I wasn't overly fussed about the glass cube which passes off as the loo, but I suspect that a couple on their first holiday might not appreciate the lack of privacy. There was a bit of a lack of mirrors near plug sockets too, so I had to straighten my hair in the reflection of the tv :)

The pools are both gorgeous, the infinity pool is stunning but it was quite breezy up there so we preferred the manin pool. There were plenty of loungers, and lots of beds, including a few in the pool - we enjoyed many a day on these sipping the all inclusive bubbles and cocktails while sunbathing. There were lots of staff on hand to deliver you your cocktails and lunch by the pool if you liked - Chloe and Joanna (I think her name was) were particularly efficient. You could get fresh towels anytime.

The beach was stunning, white, sandy and clean. The sea is warm and not too deep - some people have complained about the rocks further out, but as we are paddlers and not olympians, a little swim in the more shallow areas suited us fine. Tides, the restaurant on the beach is lovely; delicious treats such as tuna tartar, octopus carpaccio, pizza, burger and Mauritian curries were all included in AI. The service is friendly and relaxed, albeit a little slow, but we were in no rush.

I loved the setup of the restaurants around a square. We tended to start off in Shore, where a series of friendly barmen and waiters served us drinks, and, most evenings, canapes. I don't know if this is a regular thing but they were yummy! We tried all of the restaurants. Sapori and Chopsticks were delicious!! Loved them. My waistline will not thank me but we ate very well. Hasu is only included in AI if you go on a 'set menu' night - which I didn't know until another guest told us. You got three options though - I had some absolutely fabulous tuna sashimi and rump of lamb and a lovely white chocolate mousse. Divine. Again, the staff here are very attentive. We don't like buffet restaurants so avoided these at night but the breakfasts were very good - but extremely busy between 9 and 9.30am.

While we were there we attended a gala dinner one night - I assume this is only fortnightly. We had a champagne reception and then a three course meal in Le Marche from a pre-selected menu. It was nice but get to the champage reception early, as it started at 7pm and by the time 7.45pm came, they cleared it all away. Vladamir was very friendly and it was nice to meet him - but I got the impression that the stafff serving the meal were slightly harrassed. There was also a Morocco night, a Brazil night and a 'four world cuisine night' in Le Marche.

The AI wine in the restaurants is very good and there were three of each colour to chose from, and prosecco is included. I would 100% get all inclusive as I think it's quite an expensive place.

All in all, the staff were very attentive and friendly and they quickly got to know us and our room number..(you sign for everything, even on AI). The bar areas are very chic looking and the whole place is modern, bright and clean. It is honeymoon central but we weren't made to feel that way which we appreciated. Would go back in a heartbeat.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
8  Thank Katy F
Daren M, EAM at Long Beach Mauritius, responded to this reviewResponded 10 July 2014

Greetings from Long Beach. It is with immense pleasure reading from you and your positive comments. Time and again we try our utmost best to propose something different to our Guests and we take good note of your appreciations. Please feel free to contact us should you need any further information on your future stay. Stay well and we look forward to welcoming you very soon. Sincerely yours, Daren M (daren.moodely@longbeach.mu).

Write a ReviewReviews (2,743)

Reviewed 19 June 2014

it was our best experience in this hotel ...... staff was really nice and gave us a very nice welcome ... they have almost all water sports in hotel itself which made things very comfortable for us ... the food was great ,,,, all their restaurants have their unique taste ... one must try their all restaurants....overall stay was excellent .....

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank karishma30

Greetings from Long Beach. It is with immense pleasure reading from you and your positive comments. Please feel free to contact us should you need any further information on your future stay. Stay well and we look forward to welcoming you very soon. Sincerely yours, Daren M (daren.moodely@longbeach.mu).

Reviewed 14 June 2014

We are currently staying on room 306. This is a very nice hotel in a good location. The food is good but the staff vary greatly depending on where you eat. Some are very friendly and some are doing their job.

Unfortunately for me wi-Fi is very important and here it is free but keeps on falling out constantly and find this very frustrating. Would prefer to pay for a good service.

• Stayed: June 2014
3  Thank AshBigBro
Reviewed 13 June 2014

We have holidayed in Mauritius several times previously but Long Beach and Vladimir and his management team/staff provided us with the best experience yet.
Nothing was too much trouble for the team, the children's club experience for our two grandchildren was head and shoulders above anything we have experienced throughout the world, the children never wanted to leave there!
The food and service was excellent everywhere except I would say in the Japanese restaurant which was not really to our taste, however the service was still excellent.
All of the restaurants were located around the Piazza which led to an excellent and varied dining atmosphere during the daytime, evening and night time.
My wife was experiencing difficulty walking and they moved all of us to closer rooms when they became available.
Eight days into our holiday I experienced an accident which necessitated 3 days in a private hospital on the island at the Apollo Bramwell hospital which was excellent. During this time the general manager, Vladimir and other senior members of his staff were calling the hospital several times a day to check on my progress and also providing much needed support to my extended family during a very worrying time. When I returned from the hospital after 3 days both my family and I were treated like royalty by everyone, even moving my wife and I to a disabled room as I was now in a wheelchair. This was despite the hotel being relatively full to capacity.
The desserts are the best that we have experienced anywhere in the world.
We will be returning very soon for another wonderful experience.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
5  Thank Mark T
Daren M, EAM at Long Beach Mauritius, responded to this reviewResponded 16 June 2014

Dear Sir. Greetings from Long Beach. It is with immense pleasure reading from you and your positive comments. Please feel free to contact us should you need any further information on your future stay. On behalf of the General Manager, we certainly appreciated your company and that of your family. Stay well and we look forward to welcoming you very soon. Sincerely yours, Daren M (daren.moodely@longbeach.mu).

Reviewed 8 June 2014

We recently stayed at the Long Beach hotel and had one of the most wonderful holidays ever. The beach, the hotel and the food were all first class. We were treated like royalty by the staff and especially would like to thank Vladimir the manager and Rajesh for making our stay such a fantastic and memorable one. We are already planning our next trip back.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
7  Thank MrsMorle
Daren M, EAM at Long Beach Mauritius, responded to this reviewResponded 9 June 2014

Greetings from Long Beach. On behalf od the GM and Rajesh, it is with immense please reading from you and your positive comments. Please feel free to contact us should you need any further information on your future stay. Stay well and we look forward to welcoming you very soon. Sincerely yours, Daren Moodely (daren.moodely@longbeach.mu).

Reviewed 5 June 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for 2 night's, stayed at sugar beach for 12,and feel the hotel would be great in Europe. The bars and restaurants are based around a square, which is great but totally fails to use its best features, the India ocean and the sand. The rooms are fantastic, if you don't mind watching each other on the toilet, and the food and drink is great. The area leading to the beach is actually concrete covered with sand....so loses a bit of the magic. If the rooms were at sugar beaches location it would be heaven. The staff also did not seem as warm as at sugar beach. Would I go back......well if I'm honest I would not return to Mauritius, loved it but once you've been I can see no reason to return as I want things to do outside the hotel and Mauritius is just a beach holiday, and if I did return I would definitely pick sugar beach over long beach.

• Stayed: May 2014
1  Thank theTodds09

Greetings from Long Beach. We have taken good note of your very constructive comments and we do take them very seriously. We would be much grateful to you if you kindly accept to send us an email so that we can look together forward to your next stay among us where we promise to make amends of the mentioned issues despite knowing that the architectural design was done in a view to be functional to the existing climatic conditions and typography of the area. there are certainly areas to be improved and we concede that being a fairly new property we are learning on a daily basis through the comments we gather from the experience of our guests. Again we thank you for your feedbacks. Stay well and we look forward to welcoming you very soon. Sincerely yours, Daren M (daren.moodely@longbeach.mu).

Reviewed 28 May 2014

We went to Long Beach in May 2014 and stayed in a standard room. The rooms are amazing!So modern. The staff are lovely and very helpful, pleasant and polite. The room was serviced twice a day, once in the morning and then a turn down service at night. We did, however, feel like the sheer number of staff employed was trying to make up for a lack of quality. The staff themselves were great but could have done with some more training in the restaurants. The food was presented lovely although it was slightly lacking in quality. We did feel a little let down by the beach as the sand was quite course and there was only a small section of the sea that was clear and 'green/blue' (however this is not the hotel's fault!). The free water sports were very welcome and there was plenty of paid water sports to partake in. The spa was lovely although we were disappointed that we didn't get to use the Jacuzzi / sauna as normally these come free with treatments (not sure if they actually have them but we weren't told we could use them). The pools are lovely!!! and there are plenty of sunbeds both around the pools and on the beach. Didn't even need to leave the sunbeds to get a drink or food as waiters were always on hand to take orders and deliver them (even at the beach).

Overall this is a lovely hotel and I would definitely recommend it.

Room Tip: Standard rooms are more than adequate