“Open Water Course”
Review of Dive Time

Dive Time
Reviewed 24 October 2013 via mobile

Dev at Dive Time Mauritius persuaded me to take my PADI open water dive course with his colleague Daniel, so glad i did it. It was a very detailed course, Daniel is a great teacher but a bit of a task master he truly wants you to be a safe diver and not just pass. We had some great fun and even swam with a turtle on my 4th dive. Can't wait for my next dive now I've passed! : )))

All reviews
in 9 reviews
"dive"
in 14 reviews

Reviewed 14 September 2013

Just got back from a dive with these guys and they are very good, professional briefing, informative and their hire kit is not the usual scruffy resort dive gear, scubapro, Cressi and Suunto are being used. I use my own kit which they looked after as though it was their own, carried it to the boat which is about 50m from the centre. The diving was good with a bit of surge but finished off with a swim along side a turtle. I have dived all over the world and these guys must be in my top 3 and without doubt they get my recommendation. They can also provide DIN tanks if your looking for them

1  Thank Sarin22
Reviewed 27 October 2012

We went looking for a dive operator and visited a few so we could compare prices and equipment. We found Dive Time located at the Emeraude hotel in Belle Mare. The set up was very professional and they asked about our experience level and whether we had dived recently or done a refresher which was reassuring, as not all of them asked this. They were also well priced compared to some others so we booked 10 dives with them.

We were very glad we went with these guys. They were very professional and very experienced. The equipment was well maintained and this is the 1st place I’ve dived where they have handed me a wetsuit that fits 1st time (they didn’t even ask my size).

The dives themselves were excellent; we saw a turtle on our very 1st dive and a massive shoal of barracuda. There was a wide variety of fish and coral in abundance. For our 2nd day’s diving we asked if we could go to the North shore as we had heard the diving was very good up there as well. Dev happily obliged and picked us up at our hotel and drove us to the North shore where there was a boat awaiting us. We dived on the Stella Maru wreck which rates as one of the best dives I have ever done. It was fantastic and Dev knew where to find the resident frog fish and made sure to point them out to us.

Both Manny and Dev were very knowledgeable of the fish species and of all the dive sites around Mauritius. As well as seeing turtles we saw a pod of dolphins on the surface, and our first shark!

We were lucky when we visited I think because it was slightly off peak, but there were never more than four of us and Dev the dive master. For many of the dives it was just us two and Dev. Both Manny and Dev were really friendly and helpful and we went back at the end of our holiday to book more dives with them.

I can’t recommend them highly enough and Dive Time is definitely where I will I go to dive if I am fortunate enough to go back to Mauritius.

2  Thank New-Waggy
Reviewed 28 June 2012

Many thanks to Dave and Manu for some great diving.as a dive instructor it takes a lot to impress me and this dive operation did. It is not the quality of the dives or the amount of fish you see it's all about the passion of the people who run the operation. This is a two man operation who go the extra mile to help you. Even when the weather was to rough to get out of the lagoon at Belle Mare Dave took us all the way to the north of the island ,one hour there and back some we did not miss our diving.Mauritius is not cheap for diving but I think you will find Dive time is the cheapest.
Once again thanks Dave and Manu.