This was our second stay at The Residence Mauritius and it was, as ever, fantastic. We got married there just over 2 years ago and the place was perfect then as well.
As covered by many other reviewers, this hotel is elegant and classy. The staff are warm, friendly, approachable and have unbelievable memories too.
We entered the hotel armed with our not-so-little baby and the staff were unbelievable with him. For us, staying here is very much like coming home to family and that really is the best way of explaining the hotel.
The hotel is definitely NOT expensive compared to other 5-star hotels, and The Residence most definitely is worthy of being a 5-star hotel, as opposed to those hotels who just aim to be 5-star based on their facilities.
The lovely reviewer who said that starters cost £40 upwards is talking utter nonsense. The food at lunchtime is of excellent quality and the service by staff outstanding.
The pool is always clean, the beach is beautiful and the beach sellers are very friendly and courteous.
There's not too much else to say about The Residence other than it is a very special place.
The staff make this place truly exceptional and I would definitely recommend the Residence in Mauritius.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Residence Mauritius is situated on the east coast of Mauritius along a mile-long beach of immaculate white sand, fringed by the azure Indian Ocean and tropical gardens - an idyllic retreat for your unreserved relaxation. Inspired by the island's stately turn-of-the-century plantation houses, this luxury Mauritius resort blends modern elegance with classic, colonial style that envelops you in an endearing sense of nostalgia. Live like royalty in rooms that radiate luxurious comfort and charm, with attentive service worthy of the grand colonial houses of yesteryear. Dine on exotic cuisine that captures the incredible potpourri of island flavours. Discover new secrets to soulful relaxation within our serene spa sanctuary, and an endless playground of attractions and activities to be found in the island's unique mix of cultures and stunning landscapes. Whether you seek a romantic escape with your loved one or a spectacular beach getaway with your family, The Residence Mauritius will enthrall you under the warm glow of the Mauritian sun. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Agoda, Booking.com, Southall Travel, TravelUp, Destinology, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Residence Mauritius reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Residence Hotel Belle Mare
- Residence Belle Mare
- Residence Hotel Belle Mare
- Residence Mauritius
- The Residence Mauritius Belle Mare