The Residence Mauritius
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Ambre Mauritius(Belle Mare)
  • Breakfast included
LUX* Belle Mare(Belle Mare)
  • Breakfast included
Le Surcouf Hotel & Spa(Trou d'eau Douce)
  • Restaurant
Solana Beach(Belle Mare)
2,036 results
All reviewsplantation restaurantyacht clubocean frontylang ylangcolonial feelrose petal bathscolonial stylea la carteour honeymoonan ocean view roompersonal butlerhalf boardbutler servicekids clubseafood buffeticed teacatamaran cruise
Reviewed 20 November 2013

That´s an amazing place. Me and my wif spent the best moment in our life (our honeymoon) at this place. Everything is wonderful. You must go and enjou it. The crew are really nice people. You will have a lot of things to do there (snorkeling, paddleing, glassship, etc), lot of fun, excellent food, amazinf infrastructure. Must go.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
Residence_Mauritius, Mr Pierrot Barbe, Resident Manager at The Residence Mauritius, responded to this reviewResponded 6 December 2013

Dear Sir/Madam

We thank you for your review on Trip Advisor and are pleased to read that The Residence Mauritius has lived up to your expectations.

We also note your full appreciation on the quality of service provided by our staffs and we sincerely thank you for choosing our resort for your holidays.

We reiterate our thanks for your being our guests and look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back to our shores in a not too distant future.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 19 November 2013

We Stayed at The Residence for the 4th time in November 2013. As you can imagine we love this hotel or we would not have been back so many times - however this time I think I must be a little critical. We felt that there seemed to be a layer of management missing and that this meant that things were not quite as smooth as in the past. Perhaps we got off to a bad start as on the first evening the young lady who greeted us in the Dining Room was rather sullen when we did not take her up on the first table offered. We asked to go further in to the room as the music from the bar was a little loud and we felt it would interfere with converstation.

The next day we went to the spa only to find that our appointments that had been made by telephone were not in the appointment book as I had not confimed by e-mail, something I would have done had anyone asked me to. Appointments were made but I felt I had to press for them. The treatments that we had were very good. Just a shame about the appointments.

We had also booked 2 cookery lessons whilst we were there and it took a while for anyone to know what time we should go for them. Again very good but we should really have had a note in our room letting us know what the arrangements were and not have to ask around to find out.

Too many buffets for our taste. One per week in each of the two restaurants would have been plenty.

I do feel the top management at the hotel are somewhat invisible and perhaps a cocktail party once a week for gusets to meet the management would be a good idea.

We felt that the staff at the plantation were much more welcoming than in the dining room and enjoyed our meals there.

I would agree with other reviewers that the dress code for the evenings was not always upheld. If you are going to have rules then make sure that all staff members know this and act upon them.

Our Son and his girlfriend used the dive centre and said that this was excellent from start to finish. We also used the hotel car for a couple of trips and as always this was perfect. Our driver was excellent.

Would we stay again? I think probably yes but The Residence must not rest on its Laurels as there is a lot more choice in Mauritius now than when we first stayed.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank TrinityCI

Dear Sir/Madam

We wish to thank you most heartedly for your continued loyalty towards The Residence Mauritius and for commenting on Trip Advisor.

We are pleased to read that you enjoyed your overall stay and wish to apologise for the inconveniences you encountered during your sojourn with regards to cooking lessons and reservations at our spa.

I am sorry, I could not meet you whilst you were at our resort as I was on leave however we have gone through your feedback and proposals on the different areas for improvement and I would like to inform you that necessary actions will be initiated to enhance those areas.

We wish to reiterate our thanks for your precious time and for having trusted The Residence Mauritius. The whole team looks forward to welcoming you back for another wonderful holiday escape very soon.

Reviewed 3 November 2013

Everything about this hotel i.e. the accommodation, service, food, entertainment is AMAZING and SPECIAL! My wife and I would thoroughly recommend it. La Plantation is a restaurant with perfect views and scenery of the Indian Ocean, and it serves a variety of food from all over the world. The wine and dessert menus are always very comprehensive and excellent value for money

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Residence_Mauritius, Mr Pierrot Barbe, Resident Manager at The Residence Mauritius, responded to this reviewResponded 14 November 2013

Dear Sir/Madam

We thank you for choosing The Residence Mauritius for your holidays and we are immensely pleased to read your wonderful comments that you humbly share with us and also through Trip Advisor.

We are delighted that you had a fantastic stay and you enjoyed the resort thoroughly.

We reiterate your appreciation and look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you and your family back to our shores in a not distant future.

Reviewed 30 October 2013

I have been meaning to write a review on The Residence - Mauritius ever since my return at the end of September. I celebrated my 50th birthday there in great style. 50 friends flew in from all over the world and the staff at The Residence who hosted our BIG party bash at La Plantation went out of their way to make it a night to remember.

Nothing was too much trouble. The menu, the location and the decoration was out of this world. They organised a sit down dinner with dancing for us .. we had 85 guests.

Its the staff that make the hotel.. smiley faces and so polite and genuinely helpful. We have stayed there on numerous occasions and I cannot recomnend this hotel more highly.

A very big thank you to The Resident Manager Mr Pierrot Barbe and his team for looking after SO well. I would like to particularly mention Rajesh who materminded the entire evening to make it the resounding success that it was.

We are now planning my 60th for a repeat party. Thank The Residence for looking after us all like VIPS.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank SusieHungerford

Dear Susie

Thank you for your outstanding review on Trip Advisor.

It was a privilege to have hosted you and the adorable guests on the very special occasion and thank you once again for trusting our property.

Your comments are certainly a motivation for each and everyone and thank you to have mentioned some special names.

We reiterate our deepest thanks for your everlasting trust towards The Residence Mauritius and sincerely look forward to welcoming you for another memorable occasion.

Warmest regards,

The management

Reviewed 27 October 2013

we had a wonderful and pleasure experience staying in Residence. we stayed in this place for 1 week from may 28th 2013 to June 3rd 2013. To say about this place it is a perfect honeymoon destination. Service up-to the mark. Staff is friendly and even Indian food is good. Only thing i hate in Indian food was they add lot of creams for even Dal and any curry.
We recommend this place for my friends also we like to visit this place again.

Thanks,
Praveen.c & Shalini.S

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Sir/Madam

The entire team of The Residence are thankful for reading your review that you have posted on Trip Advisor.

We are delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay at our resort and it’s really motivating to our team members to have such positive feedback.

We thank you once again for your trust in our property and sincerely look forward to welcoming you back for another wonderful experience

Warmest regards,