My partner and I stayed here in May for our honeymoon. After doing a LOT of research (and I mean a lot), I decided to book The Residence. I was not disappointed. This was, by far, the best holiday that we have ever been on. We were overwhelmed from the moment we arrived to the moment we left.
The hotel upgraded our room, as we were on our honeymoon. And the room was fantastic. All of the staff during our stay were amazingly helpful and warm. Nothing seemed to be too much trouble. From the help we received from Shahil (concierge) in creating a full itinerary of excursions to make our trip amazing, to the bubble baths and candles prepared by your butler, awaiting us every night after returning from dinner. You really were made to feel like you were the most important guests in the hotel - and I'm sure this is something they strive to achieve with all guests!
The food was spectacular - both in the Plantation restaurant and The Dining Room. You were given a menu to select from each night and had a total of four courses. Such a great alternative a buffet, as it really felt like a special meal out every night. The quality of the food was spectacular. We sampled some of the best food we have ever had whilst we were there.
We are not the type of couple to go somewhere twice, as there is so much of the world to explore, but for The Residence we would make an exception. I can't wait to return.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Residence Mauritius is situated on the east coast of Mauritius along a mile-long beach of immaculate white sand, fringed by the azure Indian Ocean and tropical gardens - an idyllic retreat for your unreserved relaxation. Inspired by the island's stately turn-of-the-century plantation houses, this luxury Mauritius resort blends modern elegance with classic, colonial style that envelops you in an endearing sense of nostalgia. Live like royalty in rooms that radiate luxurious comfort and charm, with attentive service worthy of the grand colonial houses of yesteryear. Dine on exotic cuisine that captures the incredible potpourri of island flavours. Discover new secrets to soulful relaxation within our serene spa sanctuary, and an endless playground of attractions and activities to be found in the island's unique mix of cultures and stunning landscapes. Whether you seek a romantic escape with your loved one or a spectacular beach getaway with your family, The Residence Mauritius will enthrall you under the warm glow of the Mauritian sun. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Agoda, Destinology, Priceline, Southall Travel, Ctrip TA, TravelUp, Prestigia, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, HRS, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your The Residence Mauritius reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Residence Hotel Belle Mare
- Residence Belle Mare
- Residence Hotel Belle Mare
- Residence Mauritius
- The Residence Mauritius Belle Mare