We stayed at The Residence for our honeymoon a couple of weeks ago and we had a wonderful time. What we liked most about the hotel was the wonderful staff. They were so friendly and helpful. We found the service was definitely one of the best parts and the staff have clearly all received brilliant training. They also seemed genuinely pleased to help and were very attentive.
Our personal butler Sachin would come by everyday and press our clothes and generally made sure we had everything we could possibly want. The room was cleaned/tidied and amenities replenished twice a day. We had a sea front room which was lovely and had a beautiful view over the ocean from the balcony- worth the extra price.
The waiters at both The Plantation & The Dining Room were also very friendly and hospitable. Medha and Madhvi were especially friendly and chatted to us regularly. We were even given some lovely gifts when we left by two of them and they were very nice.
Even the staff around the pool were incredibly attentive and would not let you move a sunbed without rushing over to help. Jeetun chatted to us everyday and made sure we had enough food, drinks and were happy.
The watersports activities which are included are great. We went wakeboarding/water-skiing daily and went out kayaking and snorkelling on the glass bottom boat.
The spa treatments were great too and all the therapists were very friendly and professional.
The circuits class were a great workout and the guy was very enthusiastic - although not for the faint-hearted!
The food was very good and there was plenty of choice and different options of buffet or a la carte in two different restaurants. Breakfast had a large choice and you could order freshly made crepes, american pancakes and omelettes every morning. The buffet themes changed every night so the food was never repetitive. We found the a la carte food was slightly better quality than the buffet and we had this quite a few evenings.
Overall it was a wonderful place. The view from the beach and the pool is across the ocean and there are beautiful white sands all around the hotel. Would definitely like to go back again - hopefully next year!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Residence Mauritius is situated on the east coast of Mauritius along a mile-long beach of immaculate white sand, fringed by the azure Indian Ocean and tropical gardens - an idyllic retreat for your unreserved relaxation. Inspired by the island's stately turn-of-the-century plantation houses, this luxury Mauritius resort blends modern elegance with classic, colonial style that envelops you in an endearing sense of nostalgia. Live like royalty in rooms that radiate luxurious comfort and charm, with attentive service worthy of the grand colonial houses of yesteryear. Dine on exotic cuisine that captures the incredible potpourri of island flavours. Discover new secrets to soulful relaxation within our serene spa sanctuary, and an endless playground of attractions and activities to be found in the island's unique mix of cultures and stunning landscapes. Whether you seek a romantic escape with your loved one or a spectacular beach getaway with your family, The Residence Mauritius will enthrall you under the warm glow of the Mauritian sun. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Ebookers, Holiday Gems, Hotels.com, Agoda, Booking.com, Southall Travel, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelsClick and Evoline ltd so you can book your The Residence Mauritius reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Residence Hotel Belle Mare
- Residence Belle Mare
- Residence Hotel Belle Mare
- Residence Mauritius
- The Residence Mauritius Belle Mare