“The people makes the difference!”
Review of LUX* Belle Mare

LUX* Belle Mare
Ranked #1 of 12 Hotels in Belle Mare
Pyrton ,Oxfordshire, UK
“The people makes the difference!”
Reviewed 28 February 2012

What struck me was the enormeous warmth and friendliness by the staff at the hotel!
this without beeing afraid or too respectful, but with a sense of humour which was liberating!
This was the thing that stood out at a very well managed hotel indeed!

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank Mats O
Ashish M, Manager at LUX* Belle Mare, responded to this review, 29 February 2012
Greetings from Lux* Belle Mare! The entire team here joins me in thanking you for the beautiful comment of yours for us on Trip Advisor. We have always beleived that our team members at Lux* Belle Mare are our biggest strength and their passion, friendliness and sincere desire to delight every guest of ours is outstanding. Your note reinforces our belief.

The service combined with the very many beautiful features of the resort make a completely relaxing and rejuvenating holiday experience for all our guests and I am glad that you had a wonderful stay with us.

We look forward to welcoming you again at your home here in Mauritius;

Resort Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (709)
  • Arabic first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed 28 February 2012

I went to Mauritius as a good friend of mine got married there and I'm the maids of honour. So for my last 2 days in Mauritius, I decided to spoil myself a little and was searching for a nice hotel. I was never regret with my choice in staying with Beau Rivage. Even it has been a few months back by now, I still feel excited when i browse back my photos. I couldn't believe it, the place was really amazing and it looks exactly in the photos posted.

The minute I check-in, I did felt i was in heaven. The view was spectacular. I booked myself a junior suite and everything was so personalized. I was greet by a welcome note and fruits on the coffee table. The little walk-in wardrobe space was awesome. They even provide you a beach bag where you can used it during your entire stay in the hotel. The bathroom was clean and well maintained. You have everything you need.

Service was seriously good. Whatever you need, they will tried to accommodate. They were so helpful in advising me and arranged a day tour trips and DVD rental, upon knowing I'm traveling alone. Everywhere i go, the staffs are able to greet me by my name. And each time I went out, by the time I'm back to my room, everything was clean, towel has been changed, bed has been made and they even laid the room sandals beside my bed. Sheets was flipped at the side to prepare me for bed.

Food was amazing and there was huge varieties to choose from. The pool and beach was something to die for and you can never had enough. And I enjoyed all the yoga classes by the gazebo.

If i ever returned to Mauritius, I will definitely come back. This resort wins my BEST RESORT & SERVICE hands down. Recommended - big times!

• Stayed September 2011, travelled solo
Greetings from Lux* Belle Mare. A sincere thank you for the beautiful note of yours on Trip Advisor for us. The entire team joins me in thanking you for sharing with our future guests the little features which make our resort special. We honestly believe that our friendly and passionate team members bring about a mood in the resort which envelopes our guests in a warm and relaxing atmosphere from the minute guests check in till their departure. This combined with spacious rooms, a wide variety of quality food and beverage offerings and lots of treasures to explore within the resort premises make a perfect holiday experience for our guests.

A big Thank you for identifying us as your BEST resort and service experience and we really appreciate your note;

We hope to welcome you soon once again for another wonderful holiday experience;

Nicosia, Cyprus
Reviewed 27 February 2012

We visited Mauritius in July 2011 for our Honeymoon, and picked Beau Rivage (the former name of what is now known as LUX Belle Mare) for the first half (four nights) of our stay there.

We weren't sure if Belle Mare (East coast) was the right choice for us, as we were concerned it would be too quiet/dull. Until we actually arrived there. The resort's location is simply stunning. The setting is exactly as you see in the photos, it looks, feels and even sounds exclusive.

We were greeted by Mr. Benoit, deputy manager there, who made us feel extremely welcome and addressed some of our honeymoon concerns on the spot. They recommended we upgraded from our already very promising Honeymoon Suite to one of the private villas there for a small increase in price. When we arrived at villa "La Mer", the resort's most exclusive beachfront villa, it took the better part of 60 seconds to agree to the upgrade and stay there.

From then on, it was honeymoon on paradise! The villa and surroundings were perfect, and as private as one could want for their honeymoon. Being the villa closest to the water, we would fall asleep to the mesmerizing sounds of the ocean and the palm trees swaying in the wind. When not asleep, we would enjoy the bright-white sandy beach outside the villa and the impeccable service!

Speaking of service: the crew at LUX Belle Mare REALLY know about world-class service. We have been to more than 15 countries throughout the last decade and we have NEVER had service that even comes close to this. The resort manager Mr. Ashish, and his team, truly made everything possible for us to have the most unforgettable honeymoon there. Everyone from the Villas manager to his assistant to our two 24/7 buttlers were simply brilliant, and they would stop at absolutely nothing, day or night, to exceed our expectations.

The previous year we went to one of Singapore's finest hotels, and thought we wouldn't find such a good service anywhere on the planet. Until we stayed at this one.

Honeymooners or otherwise, if you need the ABSOLUTE BEST in service, at one of the most exclusive and private resorts in Mauritius, I strongly urge you to visit LUX Belle Mare. Ask for one of the beachfront villas and you will be in paradise for the entire length of your stay.

I always like to wait to write my review until several months have passed, to see if the memories and excitement have faded. Well in this case, they didn't. This resort wins my BEST RESORT & SERVICE hands down. 100'000% recommended!

Thank you Ashish, Benoit, Kisna, Kishan, Sunny, Chandan, Randir, and the rest of the crew (still remember the names!) for an unforgettable honeymoon - we hope to see you in one of upcoming trips again!

-CyTrotter

Room Tip: Hint: Villa "La Mer" is the queen to rule them all! Augment this with a private lobster di...
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank CyTrotter
Greetings from Lux* Belle Mare! A sincere and a huge Thank you from the entire team here for such a wonderful comment on us and an even more beautiful title for the comment. We are really glad that you found us to be the most brilliant resort amongst all your favourite places. Thank you for detailing all the various aspects of Lux* Belle Mare which make the place special and the team members mentioned by you join me in expressing gratitude for remembering them and mentioning them here on this forum.

We look forward to welcoming you back home to a yet another delightful holiday with us;

LONDON
Reviewed 25 February 2012

We arrived in Mauritius to another hotel, which was less than good. We researched alternative hotels that would be suitable for our young family and the Lux Belle Mare seemed to fit the bill. We took rented a car and went over to have a look. We were greeted by a slightly snobby gate keeper, but once in the hotel we were taken back by the ambience and facilities. We booked straight away for the remainder of our holiday (4 days)
The next day when we arrived at the hotel we were given a very warm welcome, shown our room and we began to take advantage of all the hotel has to offer. My wife and I were so pleased we had made the decision to switch hotels; after all 6000 miles and a 12 hour flight and you want to get what you want? We sipped the delightful sparkling rose that was included in our all inclusive package and felt on top of the world!
The kids club was good. The staff were genuinely friendly and organised activities for the little ones. The pool is made with kids in mind and I really appreciated to eagle eyed Life Guards present the whole time.
I used the diving every day I was there and found it to be friendly and well run and I had some excellent dives.
The food was very very good. The quality of the buffet was superb and eating in the a la carte restaurants was very good, if a little rushed.
Ashish the resort manager took the time to introduce himself to us which was appreciated.
Overall we were extremely satisfied. We met several families who has been there last year - a good sign! I think we might be one of those families next year.

Room Tip: The junior suite is the most basic room but is a very good standard.
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank TOM N
Ashish M, Manager at LUX* Belle Mare, responded to this review, 27 February 2012
Greetings from Lux* Belle Mare! A big Thank you from the entire team here for your wonderful feedback for us on Trip Advisor. We are really glad that the resort came true to your expectations and we could carve out a little niche in your hearts with our services, food quality and variety and above all the genuinity and passion for service amongst all our team members.

We look forward to welcoming you back to your home here in Mauritius for your next holiday in the tropics.

Sao Paulo, SP
Reviewed 22 February 2012

We stayed 5 days on the hotel and our experience was amazing. The hotel has excellent structure with several restaurants, pool, water sports, spa and room facility (that was cleaned several times per day).
The hotel staff also helped to make it a special place doing everything possible to please our wishes (the concierge team made the difference - as we experienced some activities outside the hotel).
The only point the hotel should improve is the food service, where the hotel could offer more options and also more sophisticated dishes (the best restaurant in the hotel is the indochina restaurant, where we had a fantastic dinner).
The hotel was always surprising us and that is why we would strongly recommend you to try it.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
Ashish M, Manager at LUX* Belle Mare, responded to this review, 24 February 2012
Greetings from Lux* Belle Mare. Thank you for your feedback on us. We are glad that you had an amazing experience with us and on behalf of the entire team, I thank you for highlighting the special features of the resort. We take pride in the friendliness and service orientation of our team and am happy that you felt that our team members are the ones who add to overall special feel of the place. We continually work on offering a wide choice of food dishes both in variety and style and have noted your comment on the food choices. Our chefs and managers in the Food & Beverage department are always available and eager to personalise the preparations to the taste and liking of our guests and we cater regularly to a wide range of cuisines and taste palettes.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Lux* Belle Mare; your home here in Mauritius!

Vacoas, Plaines Wilhems, Mauritius
Reviewed 17 February 2012

My wife and I went to celebrate our 24th wedding aniversary at the Belle Mare Lux Hotel, and we were very satisfied. It provided a very romantic setting with all the best facilities. The spa and massages were very relaxing and definitely worth it. The food is excellent, and we especially appreciated the hotel staff, who were extremely friendly,polite and able. I would definitely recommend this hotel to eveyone, and I look forward to another stay there.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Baboo S
Greetings from Lux* Belle Mare! The entire team joins me in thanking you for a wonderful feedback posted here on Trip Advisor about your stay with us. We are glad that you enjoyed the resort as a whole. We truly believe that the resort is designed in a way that all our guests are able to relax and completely unwind using the various features and services available.
We look forward to welcoming you again for another excellent stay with us;

Warm regards,
Berkhamsted, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 February 2012

We had two weeks at this hotel which were probably the most relaxing and enjoyable time I can remember since starting work over thirty years ago. It offered the best combination of beach, service, food and pool. Litle touches and surprises delighted us from the late check out at no extra charge to the secret bar that pops up in different places from time to time. Having experienced the best that 5* Asia can offer (Singapore, Thailand, etc), I found the service here quite the equal, but with a relaxed informality that was perfectly adapted for the vacation environment.

Many other reviewers have commented on the main aspects so I know readers will want to know whether the standard has been maintained lately (Jan 2012) - yes it has. Instead here are some answers to the questions we had before we came...

How rainy is it during the rainy season? We had one afternoon where it rained for a hour and a half in the whole of the last two weeks of January. There were some showers on several nights as well, which just freshened things up. So we were really pleased that we hadn't been put off coming at this time of year.

Do you need beach shoes to cross the sand to the water or for wading? No, they groom the beach every night and there is an area for swimming in the sea that has been cleared of coral and sea urchins etc, so you can paddle and swim safely in bare feet.

Is there enough variety in the food for two weeks? Yes, the buffet in the main restaurant (called the Kitchen) is different each night of the week, and the other three restaurants all offer something different again. Just note that each one closes for one night each week (except the kitchen).

How spacious are the ordinary rooms (= "junior suites") - We had plenty of space with a good-sized balcony, fair-sized sitting area, king bed area, separate dressing room, large bathroom with a big bath and huge separate shower. We had one of the modernised suites with white plantation blinds. We found the airconditioning to be exceptionally quiet and could be left on low all night together with the overhead fan circling slowly to make for a very comfortable night.

How would they cope with a gluten-free diet? We were a bit concerned at first but spoke with the restaurant manager (Marius) who briefed all the restaurants so whenever we arrived at the Kitchen or a restaurant and gave our room number they were right on top of it. We had gf bread baskets everywhere, gf pasta at the Kitchen and Beach, and when in Langoustier or IndoChine, the manager offered gf advice on options without prompting, and chefs made adjustments to chosed dishes. Very, very impressive.

All in all it was hard to fault the Lux BM, maybe the bar prices are a bit steep, but we accepted that goes with the turf (and are not as high as its next door nieghbour hotels). I have never liked to go back to exactly the same place for a vacation in the past (there's so much of the world still to see), but I would go back to the Lux BM, especially if I needed a vacation that was just about relaxing and winding down.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
10 Thank BerkhamstedJules
Ashish M, Manager at LUX* Belle Mare, responded to this review, 13 February 2012
Greetings from Mux* Belle Mare! The entire team joins me in thanking you for the wonderful feedback posted by you about us on Trip Advisor. We thank you for the detailing of the various aspects which make us special... the well maintaned beach, the spacious rooms, the variety on offer in the various restaurants, our ability to match the requirements of all our guests and equally importantly the friendliness, professionalism and promptness of our service team across the resort. We are glad that you could unwind completely through your stay with us and we really do hope to welcome you again at your home here in Mauritius!

Warm regards from all of us at Lux* Belle Mare;

The Residence Mauritius
The Residence Mauritius
#2 of 12 in Belle Mare
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,521 reviews

Been to LUX* Belle Mare? Share your experiences!