“Most amazing trip.”
Review of LUX* Belle Mare

LUX* Belle Mare
Ranked #1 of 13 Hotels in Belle Mare
Reviewed 19 September 2013

One of the most romantic hotels, if not the most, I have been to. Went wit my wife in February. Beautiful rooms, even more beautiful people. Extremely friendly, warm and make you feel pampered. The spa and hotel activities and events keep you hooked. The food, staff and everyone is awesome. Only drawback I can think of (and its just cos I'm tryin to) is not too many options for vegetarians in the different specialty spread every evening. I enjoyed the food, but my wife, being vegetarian, had to make do wit watever she could. Apart fm that, no complaints whatsoever. I know I'm repeating myself, but the staff are absolutely the best. The spa, the pool, the evening entertainment, the rooms, the beach activities, the bar, the restaurant, the location, everything was impeccable. I would recommend everyone to go for the full board cos the food can get expensive, if you wanna order. I say this, cos even though, you think you may be heading out for food, most times, you will end up being in the hotel, cos its THAT awesome. Our perfect holiday. We still reminisce abt the trip and we may end up, goin there, AGAIN, in the not-so-distant future.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for LUX* Belle Mare

Reviewed 19 September 2013

If you want to try heaven before you get there I suggest you book the Lux* Belle Mare Mauritius for at least two weeks,
Your only regret is it won't be enough three would be better.
We arrived early after an over night flight fearing we would be waiting around for hours, but no our lux* junior suite was indeed ready, great space, great view, and quiet over looking the gardens.
At the Lux* Belle Mare there is an almost family friendliness about the people the like both my wife and i have never come across anywhere in the world before you feel as if you know them, they know you by name and your room number.
I would like to mention a few names but i assure you it applies to every member of the team.
Sheila assistant front office manager (come on Belle Mare assistant what's going on ) what a great lady nothing was any trouble you knew all was well when you saw her a real gem.
Also Roopesh east restaurant and some times greeter at breakfast when he says hello theres no mistake you are on holiday.
The pool lads Vishal he said if i try to move my sun beed again without hime he would impose a fine on me you only had to look up and a drink would be on its way such enthusiasm from these young men was a joy to see these days.just a pitty the beech bar/restaurant was being renovated
but the staff made up for it.
I must mention the bed it's the best i ever slept in if it had rained i could happily of stayed in it.
Finally a big thanks to Ashish Manager you staff are a great credit to your Hotel i have just bought a lotto ticket you never know we could be back next week.
Geoff and Anita Bisset Manchester.

Room Tip: the lux junior suits have just been renovated very calming if you like to be quitter then over look...
2  Thank geoffb4444
Reviewed 18 September 2013

We had our wedding at 3.9.2013 in this really awesome hotel. There was nothing that we were missing, the villa, the service, the buffet, the beach, everything was nearly perfect!! Thank you Lux Belle Mare for making our wedding & honeymoon so special!!!! We will definately come back!!!!

Room Tip: We spent our vacation at one the really nice (private) villas. Private dinner at the beach => gre...
Reviewed 17 September 2013

After a challenging year the lux belle mare was just what my daughters and I needed. The rooms were luxurious, having them serviced sometimes twice in a day was a treat. The staff during our 10 day stay were friendly and courteous and most accommodating. The chef catered to the girls individual needs and nothing was too much trouble. I must mention Shelia and the beach waiters who endlessly supplied us with refreshments. We all agreed that it was the best holiday we had experienced. The ice cream parlour, real indulgence every day. The spa facilities were excellent and we enjoyed our treatments with Cynthia. Our perfect holiday. Thank you lux belle mare ...hope to see you again next summer. The raza family x

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Naheed R
Reviewed 17 September 2013

Following lots of positive reviews for this hotel my wife and I booked this resort for 10 days for our "baby moon" for a relaxed break prior to our little arrival in December.

At first we were put in one of the rooms on the ground floor near the pool - which if you want a quiet break then please avoid. At night, you can hear the live bands and music until midnight so not an ideal start, plus the room was quite basic. The next day we requested to be moved to one of the rooms away from the pool in a more quiet location which had been refurbed. Fantastic improvement and exactly what we wanted/needed.

We were half board for the first time not AI and I we weighed up the options of paying extra for AI but with my wife not drinking alcohol and being careful with what she can eat we decided it would not be worth it. Again, word of caution - if you are staying around the pool for drinks and lunch and you are not AI then the bill rapidly grows. For example, we asked for two Coke Zeros and they bring one bottle (500ml) but charge you for two (because they brought two glasses) which roughly equated to about £7.00 ($12.00) - which was ridiculous. We expected incidentals and food/drink to be expensive in resort hotels but we thought this was particularly expensive. So stock up with the duty free for your room or go the local supermarket for refreshments in advance!

You are probably thinking after reading the above why on earth have I rated this 5/5? Well, apart from the above, our stay was superb. For us, the most important things when we go away are the standard of the room, the quality of the food, the level of service, the overall amenities and the people.

The resort speaks for itself in terms of location and stunning beauty but the real attraction here are the people. The staff really couldn't do more for us and went out of their way to make us feel special. Particular mention should go to Akshar the Pool Boy (who will insist on giving your sunglasses the best clean they will ever receive), Dave the Breakfast Waiter (infectious giggle and always remembered our names), Vick (the Kitchen Manager), who arranged special dietary meals to suit my wife and Roopesh (Head Waiter at East Restaurant), who literally is the friendliest guy in Mauritius and always looked after us).

Currently, there are only two a la carte restaurants and the buffet, (although building work is progressing on a beach front third). The buffet is excellent (if not a little heavy on curry type dishes), always fresh (unlike other buffet meals can be sometimes) and of a very high standard. The entertainment in the evenings was also excellent, something new every night and the bands were superb. Oh, another big plus is a lot of water sports are included in your hotel stay like waterskiing.

We also took full advantage of the spa and its treatment massages - I would highly recommend Sabrina and Karinha - who gave some of the best massages we have had.

Overall, I would highly recommend this hotel to couples of all ages looking for a quiet romantic getaway.

Room Tip: Ask for the refurbed rooms away from the pool (hence why I only gave 4/5 for sleep quality) as our r...
1  Thank JosephW90
Reviewed 15 September 2013 via mobile

We have spent 10 days in Lux* Belle Mare. As it is with luxury resorts it all comes to detail and frankly we expected a bit more. But to the point:
+ the place looks like on a postcard. Fantastic complex with stunning views.
+ we were accommodated in seaside junior suite which is spacious and very well furnished
+ reception staff and housekeeping was excellent, so was the coffee shop (great idea)
+ great spa facilities with reasonable prices (you can buy packages which guarantee discounts)

- unfortunately the room next door was being renovated and we enjoyed sounds of drills and hammers
- so was the beach bar and lying on the beach close to it was quite bothersome
- the hotel allows smoking on the beach, I didn't enjoy being a passive smoker
- lunch service was terribly slow, our record was 80 minutes wait for a starter
- choice of meals for dinner and breakfast was quite limited. The Chef loves curry... After 5 days we were pretty bored with the food
- get yourself a notepad to remember what's in which package as even all inclusive we took excludes some items (like juice in the coffee shop)

Maybe we had our expectations high but overall stay is not more than average.

• Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank ChuckSW5
Reviewed 14 September 2013

My husband n i travelled from perth Australia & were on our honeymoon ,My husband and I stayed at the lux bell mare August 16~22 , the staff were truly amazing they helped with our every need , our romantic honeymoon dinner in the gazebo was picture perfect , the pristine water was absolutely gawgus , the food was Devine , some nights the food was too spicy for my self so staff had insisted to have the chef to cook me a non spicy dish , which I appreciated , the breakfast was to die for , our room was always clean n tidy I could not fault this resort at all and look forward to coming back :) i loved the fact the staffed made u feel very welcomed I highly advice u to travel here it is well worth it , one happy wife

Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
#3 of 13 in Belle Mare
Constance Belle Mare Plage
Constance Belle Mare Plage
#2 of 13 in Belle Mare

Been to LUX* Belle Mare? Share your experiences!