“My true paradise”

Ranked #1 of 12 Hotels in Belle Mare
Paris
“My true paradise”
Reviewed 21 February 2014

For the third consecutive year, I went to Lux Bellemare and this time was for a longer stay: 3 weeks. Everything is outstanding and marvelous, I would not try going elsewere to feel perfectly happy and relaxed. The staff is extremely helpful, efficient, generous and the rooms, restaurants, bars and facilities are like a dream. You are living in a marvelous postcard when you stay there. One of our great moments was a dinner in the Gazebo that my husband requested for my birthday; the "ambiance" and dinner were the most romantic I ever enjoyed. I now wait for my next trip to Lux Bellemare which I hope will be for at least one month. I almost felt no need to go outside the hotel and of its restaurants: they reach the perfection.

3 Thank ReineClaudeParis
Ashish M, General Manager at LUX* Belle Mare, responded to this review, 24 February 2014
Greetings from LUX* Belle Mare! We are glad that you had a wonderful stay with us and experienced an "excellent holiday" with us. This is after all your second home and I thank you for the wonderfully written review of yours. You have mentioned all the various aspects of the resort which makes us special. I am glad we stood up to your expectations. We all look forward to your next stay and with a promise to making that stay equally memorable;

Ashish Modak

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (723)
  • Arabic first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Cape Town Central, South Africa
Reviewed 21 February 2014

I stayed at this hotel just over 3 weeks ago with friends. The time we spent there was too short, I'd recommend at least 5/7 days to really benefit from what it has to offer.
I think in Mauritius, with so many hotels to choose from, it would be the little things that count.

And they do.

Kaprina /Kaprima (from housekeeping) wrote me a message on my bed out of tiny palm fronds and frangipani flowers. I'm sure she has to do it for everyone, but I tried to do it myself and it took about 20 minutes to do 5 letters. She wrote "Have a nice day".
Also, best hotel bed that I have ever slept in. Wow.
The iPhone stand in the bedroom - so clever.
The changing rooms in the spa were impeccably kept - big plus for me.
The phone home for free red telephone booth. I never use hotel phones for the only reason they cost a bomb - this was a really a great idea.
Does everyone take free wifi for granted? I don't, coming from SA where bandwidth is slow and costly. Very,very appreciative of this.
Great decor - luxurious but not bling. Comfortable and great looking hotel.
Special thanks to Ashish, Anatoli, Wayne and Elvis.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Daniellecuz
Dear Daniellecuz , Greetings from LUX* Belle Mare! The entire team at the resort joins me in thanking you for this wonderful review for us. We are glad that you had a great stay and thank you so much for appreciating the efforts of the service team to meet our guests' expectations. We look forward to welcoming you back for a yet another wonderful holiday soon;

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 February 2014

Great service, good location, good food. Overall a fantastic holiday! The staff made us feel hugely welcome and the facilities, particularly the watersports,(most of which are free) were great. Would thoroughly recommend the Lux Belle Mare.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

3 Thank Thomas C
Greetings from LUX* Belle Mare! The entire team at the resort joins me in thanking you for our review. We are glad that you had a wonderful stay and thank you so much for appreciating the efforts of the service team to meet our guests' expectations. We look forward to welcoming you back for a yet another wonderful holiday soon;

Flacq
Reviewed 18 February 2014

To start with a great smile at the entrance by Zama( Security), following with a warm welcome by the Front Office team members & the General Manager. Check-in in the room was the perfect one and the newly refurbished, and also clean and neat.

Others interesting places are the Cafe LUX* - homemade coffee, Spa - the best place for relaxation, The shop - interesting souvenir, perfume, clothes & other.

Food is excellent at the The Kitchen restaurant and the Beach Rouge restaurant

Everything went perfect and really appreciate the Mauritian hospitality.

Room Tip: Beautiful nice rooms facing the sea & garden. The most beautiful beach on the island and the big...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
8 Thank vish28
Dear vish28, Greetings from LUX* Belle Mare! Thank you so much for your beautifully worded review for us. You have highlighted the various features which make our resort special and I thank you for mentioning all these various aspects of the resort. We genuinely believe our resort combines the best of all the essential elements to make a beach holiday special. You have listed names of some of our team members like Zama who made your stay extra special by their passion and dedication and I thank you for mentioning these STARS of ours. I have personally complimented them post this review. We hope to see you back soon for a yet another wonderful holiday with us;

Reviewed 18 February 2014

Writing this review as our holiday sadly comes to an end.
Sat in one of the beautiful villas and I have got to say the whole holiday experience has been outstanding.
from arriving at the hotel we have been treated so well by all of the staff. Initially we were booked into a beach villa which was lovely. The room was beautifully designed and clean.
on day 5 of our holiday we upgraded into one of the larger villas which has its own pool.
What can I say.. its absolutely amazing and we would recommend it to anyone.
All the staff are very attentive and cannot do enough for you.
The food is also excellent.
previously we have stayed in the maldives and also Dubai but this holiday has far exceeded all other holidays we have been on.
Thankyou to all the amazing staff here who have made our silver wedding anniversary extra special.x
Debra and Ronnie Farran x

• Stayed February 2014
4 Thank debronmel
Dear debronmel, Greetings from LUX* Belle Mare! The entire team at the resort joins me in thanking you for this beautiful review for us. We are glad that you had a wonderful stay and that the team managed to create some golden memories for you. We are glad that you celebrated a special occasion while staying with us. With an organizational purpose as "Helping People Celebrate Life" - the LUX* Belle Mare is but an ideal place to celebrate special occasions and I am glad we stood up to your expectations. We look forward to welcoming you back for a yet another relaxing holiday soon;

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed 17 February 2014

LUX BelleMare - We booked this hotel for a week. We had a warm welcome on our arrival. Rooms were very clean & comfortable and food was excellent. Best of all the service, it was simply superb. They have lots of free activities on resort during day and night. Also if you like coffee please do visit their coffee brewing uint. A very big thanks to all the staff for making our each moment unforgettable. Special thanks to Mr Ashish Modak (General Manager of Lux BelleMere) for meeting us on request and making our stay even more pleasant. We would highly recommend this resort for those who want to experience a blissful holiday.

3 Thank MRINAL G
Dear mrinal_patil, Greetings from LUX* Belle Mare! We are glad that you had a wonderful stay with us and experienced a "paradisiacal holiday" with us. You have mentioned all the various aspects of the resort which makes us special. I am glad we stood up to your expectations and we hope to welcome you back soon - for your first wedding anniversary, perhaps!

Shanghai, China
Reviewed 16 February 2014

Excellent place, just make sure you check your bill twice or even thrice.

Was billed incorrectly for a GIFT SPA. And it wasn't taken off the first time I brought it to their attention after checking my room total 3 days into my stay.

It was there on my bill again when checking out, and they casually called it a mistake. Very disappointed.

But wonderful services, excellent location for some peace, good water sport facilities, great food. Though room service is slightly slow.

Can't wait to plan another trip to Lux.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

2 Thank Nitesh S
Ashish M, General Manager at LUX* Belle Mare, responded to this review, 17 February 2014
Dear Nitesh S, Greetings from LUX* Belle Mare! The entire team at the resort joins me in thanking you for this wonderful review for us. I have noted with concern your feedback for the billing inaccuracies. This is definitely not the standard of our hotel and I apologize for the inconvenience caused to you due to the errors on the bill. We believe in ensuring an hassle free and a seamless experience for all our guests and I assure the readers of this forum and all our future guests that this one off incident as well is being handled with utmost seriousness to ensure it doesn't recur at all in the future. We are glad that you had a wonderful stay and thank you so much for appreciating the efforts of the service team to meet and exceed your expectations. We look forward to welcoming you back for a yet another wonderful holiday soon;

Also consider these accommodations in or near Belle Mare
Four Seasons Resort Mauritius at Anahita
The Residence Mauritius
The Residence Mauritius
#3 of 12 in Belle Mare

Been to LUX* Belle Mare? Share your experiences!