6,388 results
All reviews duck laundry food truck coffee bar rum shack mixe restaurant tea house ashish modak rolls royce kelly hoppen message in a bottle beach rouge restaurant ice cream parlour amari by vineet our honeymoon events manager special thanks junior suite
Reviewed 13 July 2014

After 4 days in Dubai, where we started our honeymoon, we wanted a change of pace; a nice, relaxing environment where all our needs were catered for. The Lux* Belle Mere did not disappoint. Many hotels claim to be 5* but most do not have the full package. Not only are the facilities fantastic but the staff are beyond reproach. Each one of them went out of their way to ensure that you are having the time of your life.
We arrived to be greeted by a cold towel and a warm smile. We were taken (by golf cart) to our beach front villa by our personal butler, one of two allocated to us for our stay. The villa was 10x more than we ever expected, so much so it brought tears of happiness to my bride's eye. We were taken to the Beach Rouge restaurant which is a relaxed, chilled out establishment that reminded me of Cafe del Mar. The food was sublime, the service impeccable and the view amazing. Once dinner was finished, the music picked up and the cocktails flowed.
Each day was fantastic - breakfast brought to the villa each morning - Bean bags on the beach - fresh coffee, roasted on site - watersports inc water skiing - great gym - activities arranged daily (beach cinema, bike rides, cooking classes) - different top class entertainment each night - ice cream parlour. The list goes on!

I would like to extend a special thanks to Ashish, Antoine and Sheila in the management team; Pravind and Khem our butlers; and of course Stephan, Pascal and Maista. You all made our stay extra special. We can't wait to come back and see how on earth you have improved your hotel with the renovations.

Thanks again,
Darryl and Sarah

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Darryl K
Reviewed 13 July 2014

The hotel property is enormously huge and very well maintained. special mention of the quality staff who make you feel at home all the time...their humble nature and smiles just add that extra touch of being pampered on a vacation...nothing seems out of place as there are people always looking around if everything is just perfect in its place...night entertainment is pretty good...food is delicious at The Kitchen (best place to indulge your taste buds ) . Definitely a place to just unwind and relax your body and soul...

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank tbaugwala
Reviewed 12 July 2014

We stayed at this excellent resort in March 2014 for our 10th anniversary along with our 3 year old daughter and although it's taken me this long to write a review, I primarily wanted to do so to show the appreciation we have for the staff who took such great care of us.

From the moment we arrived and we checked in by Vimla to the moment we left there was not a shortcoming I can think of. Vimla was welcoming, accomodated our need for early check in and also upgraded us within a few days of our request! Thank you so much for making our anniversary holiday so special.

Most of all, the attention and care that was given to our little 3 year old, which therefore made our stay so easy and pleasureble is what I wanted to mention. There was a daily conversation with Vimla and a cuddle of course. Satish the pool life guard, played hide and seek with her, helped her swimming along with a kick board and made us feel completely safe when she was playing in the water. Ashvina, the maitre'd at the buffet restaurant provided her with strawberries as dessert on request everyday and Vishal, one of the waiters, thought to provide her milk even in advance of us doing so! In short, they made the holiday completely stress free, comfortable, friendly but most importantly like we were the centre of their attention, a rare thing in these large fashionable resorts.

Of course the food was consistently great, the rooms lovely, the beach and pools exquisite, I do not need to repeat what everyone else says. But it is the people who made it memorable for us and I hope they will continue to do so. And I should mention the ice cream/sorbet bar. Ice cream on tap? There really is very little that could make a holiday better.....

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank SanMarks
Reviewed 10 July 2014

We travelled to this resort on our honeymoon in june. From the moment we checked in we did not want for anything and were able to relax switch off and enjoy our stay. We were allocated a newly refurbished room, a turn down device was provided at night with towels and bottles of water replenished. There are four restaurants that main one offering buffet although some nights a la carte beach rouge restaurant has fantastic dining along with beautiful views over the sea. This hotel really was fantastic great staff who are trained to a very high standard. We did not travel much outside the resort we were happy to relax and enjoy our time in the hands of the Lux Belle Mare.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
3  Thank Frazer Stewart C
Reviewed 9 July 2014

We stayed all inclusive during the first 2 weeks of june. We are a family of 4 so we had the interconnecting family room which was fantastic as we had two of everything so no waiting for the shower etc & double the contents of the mini bars, ipads etc. I wasn’t too worried about what décor we were given but it turned out we had the newer updated style rooms. The beach is cleaned continuously throughout the day to clear the seaweed & the gardens are also very well maintained. We found the secret wardrobe a few times but were not lucky enough to discover the message in a bottle. The rooms are kept very clean & the toiletries smell lovely. There is a clothing/gift shop onsite plus another selling beach items. A jewellers is also there but we never went in it. Opposite the jewellers is the office that has the main box for adding tips on the wall just inside the door. We added to this but we also tipped our favourite staff directly. Tipping is not compulsory & the staff certainly do not hang around waiting for one like they do in some countries.

Firstly apart from being a beautiful hotel in beautiful surroundings all of which are kept very clean I must compliment the staff who really made our holiday so much more special. I know everyone has mentioned the staff but it would be a crime to not also add my comments as they really are fantastic and a credit to Lux Belle Mare. The general manager Ashish Modak is regularly seen around the hotel and very approachable which is excellent. There is also Antoine who is around all the time checking if you are enjoying your stay & the food & he runs a tight ship all of which adds to the smooth running of the hotel. There are several members of staff I would like to personally mention & they are Akshar & Vishal, thank you for the drinks around the pool & even cleaning our sunglasses. Vijay at The Bar, Krishen in the Kitchen, Vick in Beach Rouge, Pooja & Fabrice from café lux for all the coffee & the roasting demonstration. Jennifer from events for organising a surprise breakfast for my daughters 21st birthday on the beach & last but not least the best one of all Sailesh from café lux. The designs he makes on the coffee are fantastic & he takes his time to explain the different coffees & characteristics. Not only that but he is a very friendly, polite young man with a good sense of humour & we all miss his coffees.

The entire area has a feeling of serenity about it & everything is so calm & nothing is too much trouble. Staff go out of their way to ensure you have a great holiday & seem to appear by magic to lay the towels out on your sunbeds, move them for you when the sun moves round & make your holiday an enjoyable experience. We never had a problem getting sunbeds for all 4 of us but I can see it being more difficult in peak season and sadly you still get the selfish people who reserve beds around the pool but then spend the day on the beach but I am glad to say I did see towels getting removed on more then one occasion.

I must say the food is very good from the extensive breakfast buffet which includes various types of breads, pastries, muffins, cereals, items for both continental & full English breakfasts, fresh fruit, several different juices, hard boiled eggs, crepes & waffles. Omelettes & poached eggs are cooked to order. For Asian guests there is always stir fries & noodle dishes on offer. The kitchen has a theme night each night ranging from Asian night, I loved the bread with ginger, rotisserie night, heritage night (which is the local cuisine) and several times they have a semi- buffet where you serve yourself starters and desserts as normal, salads are always available but the main course is from a choice of dishes from a menu which is then served to you at the table. Gentlemen will need to wear long trousers and jeans are acceptable. Most men wore trousers and a polo shirt type top or short sleeved shirts with casual shoes or tidy trainers. We only saw one person not following the rules.

At Beach Rouge I can highly recommend the wraps or delicious tenderloin steak at lunchtime but sadly steak it is not available on the evening AI menu. The chocolate soft cake is to die for either at lunchtime or dinner! I would also recommend trying East which we did a few times & this time there is steak available. I also liked the warm lemon tart. Maybe that’s why I gained 8lb in weight!
It worked out about £45 per day each for us to go all inclusive which was money well spent as we didn’t have to worry about what we were spending nor had to go to the local shops to buy cheaper supplies. By the time we added on the cost of drinks around the pool, lunch with drinks, drinks in the evening & unlimited coffee & ice cream plus the items included in the mini bar we more then met the additional cost. To help you decide some of the average prices when we were there were (Mauritian rupees) soft drink 160rs, beer 200rs, cocktails 450rs, spirits 300rs, coffee 130rs, bottled water 75cl 160rs. An average starter was 550rs, main course 700rs & deserts 330rs.

During our stay we made use of the SPA several times for the sauna, steam room & Jacuzzi but we didn’t have any treatments, we hired a tennis court & took our own balls or you can hire them. The glass bottom boat which goes out twice a day, weather permitting and lasts about an hour & was not too choppy! We also took out pedalos which was good fun & the water isn’t too deep. We paid 395rs each & went on the guided bike ride to the Sunday market in Flacq where you can buy gifts, the usual tourist items, clothing & have a good barter to bag a bargain! The journey is approx. 5 miles each way & is quite hard work for someone like me who is extremely unfit but if I can do most of you can as well. Our guide was great he never left anyone behind & made sure we were all ok. The cycle home is much easier.
There are some gift, clothing & food shops about 15 minutes stroll away from Lux, you either turn right outside the main gate or turn left & walk along the beach. You will also find a pharmacy there plus a very modern purpose built Armani, Ralph Lauren & I think Hugo Boss stores which look extremely out of place in an otherwise run down area.

Something to bear in mind at the airport on the way home, not only did we find it expensive but everything is priced in Euros so either take them with your or to use up your Mauritian Rupees like we wanted they will convert the cost but it worked out more expensive when doing the conversing to sterling then what it did for the euros?
The hotel is fully closed during july & august 2014 to decorate the remaining rooms & carry out other improvments but to us its already perfect so if you are thinking about going just do it. We have a rule that the world is a big place and we never go to the same place twice but I could easily break that rule for Lux Belle Mare.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family