Have just returned from a 2 week stay at the Belle Mare Plage. The hotel is excellent with great staff, great food and excellent value for money facilities. We stayed in a junior suite which was well furnished with nice balcony and views out to sea and accomodated 2 adults and one child comfortably. The flights with Air Mauritius enabled us to enjoy a full 14 days as they were overnight flights. Air mauritius is OK although a little cramped in economy for the 12 hour flight. But the service and in flight entertainment was good. Belle Mare Plage is about 1 hour from the airport and the coastal road gives a great view of the sea. The hotel has plenty to offer we took advantage of the free golf on both the Legends course and the Links (needed to pay 1300MUR for buggy hire on The Legends course) But the service again from the staff at the courses was excellent. Very nice views from both the club houses over the course, watch out for the deer on the Legends course fantastic to see. The courses are quite challenging for mid range handicap players so you need to take plenty of balls if your not straight given the landscape and water. But this must be common as there are plenty of good quality second hand balls to purchase from the stewards.
During our stay we used the gym which was of a good qaulity, we learnt to waterski which is free with staff who were both patient and great at teaching complete beginners. There are other water based activities which are free pedalos, kyaks, snorkeling on the reef and galss bottom boat rides fro those who dont want to get into the water. the pool areas and beaches are well maintained again with very attentive staff on hand for drinks, towells etc. Also available good tennis facility.
Other activities we would recommend include the undersea walk and the horse trecking in L'Etolie which included a fab lunch in a lovely setting.
We used the Susheido spa which was wonderful with comparative prices to UK but offers fantastic ambience and a high quality spa experience.
Food each night was varied enough to not become monotimous. Also other restuarants to visit within the hotel including a great Indain night in the Deer Hunter resturant where the sound of the frogs is quite amazing. Also lovely Lobster evening at Spagglia, pricey but very good.
Finally the weather I was nervous about the weather not being warm enough in July, and whilst there were days where it was cloudy and rained there were hot days and the mix enabled us to take advatnage of all there is to do and see without feeling drained. So if you are looking for a relaxing varied break in a beautiful setting with great service and value for money this is the place to go. It is evdient from the many people who return year after year, I think it would not be possible to find a 5 star hotel in Europe in July with so much on offer as part of the package for the same price. We will be visiting again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Soft white sand, blue sky dotted with white clouds and turquoise lagoon which beckons long soaks…Stylishly renovated Constance Belle Mare Plage offers comfortable accommodations in a lively and cosy atmosphere; choose from one of the 104 Prestige Rooms, 149 Junior Suites, 6 Deluxe Suites, 18 distinctive Villas or the Presidential Villa for a top-notch island holiday. Seize the opportunity to try new things while having fun. Whether it’s relaxing on the beach or at one of the trendy bars, working out at the gym, pampering at the spa or enjoying water sports, Constance Belle Mare Plage is for an exciting memorable break! Seven distinctive restaurants and six hip bars situated at prime locations await you. And if you are staying with your kids, you will be thrilled to know that they will be having their share of adventures and fun too, at the Constance Kids Club. Set along a stunning 2km white sand beach, in a sheltered bay on the east coast of Mauritius, Constance Belle Mare Plage is a harmonious combination of tropical environment and Constance Chic. Combining space and design, all rooms are thoughtfully furnished and decorated for your comfort. Inspired by the unique beauty of the East Coast; space and style were combined to create comfort, to radiate brightness and to breathe in the freshness of the Indian Ocean. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ Supplier Direct, Expedia, Hotels.com, Holiday Gems, Agoda, Destinology, Southall Travel, Odigeo, TravelUp, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Cancelon, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Hotel.de so you can book your Constance Belle Mare Plage reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Constance Belle Mare Plage Hotel Belle Mare
- Belle Mare Plage Mauritius
- Belle Mare Plage Hotel Mauritius
- Constance Belle Mare Plage Mauritius