I am actually writing the review from the hotel as I check-out tomorrow.
my wife and I came to the Constance Belle Mare Plage for 2 days, to end our tour of Mauritius and Seychelles. During the last 2 weeks, we stayed in Lux Belle Mare, Hilton Northolme in Seychelles and Constance Epheria in Seychelles as well.
I am so happy we did not stay more than 2 nights. This hotel almost ruined our vacation.
Where to start?
It took them 2 hours to get our room ready on check-in even though we arrived at 7 pm(normal check in is noon, no?). Noboday cared to show us around or tell us where is what.
the internet does not work at all, nor the wireless in the lounge nor the wired in the rooms ( I am now conntected via Blackberry). The room is terrible, small, no lights at all, and smells like rotten eggs (supposedly a prestige room)
The food is terrible, especially the dinner food in Citronelle the main buffet lounge. Cold and untasty, totally not worth spending a dime there. At breakfast, we had food from last night (Chef, the same "Soupe a la Chinoise" which you served yesterday, is not suitable to be served today as well). Birds were wandering between the guests and on the tables and the buffet and nobody cared to address that.
All prices are quoted without the 15% taxes which magically appears on the bill (which was not the case anywhere else we went especially not in Lux Belle Mare). Everything is more than expensive (72 euros per person for dinner, no water, no soft drinks and no alcohol???).
We tried the Shiseido spa. Total waste of time and money. We got charged for a full hour but actually got 38 minutes of treatment.
to top it all, i just asked them for a late checkout as my flight tomorrow is at 6 pm, they told me that i will be charged for ~45 Euros for every hour after 12. I have been in more thatn 70 hotels so far, and this is the first time i hear of an hourly charge for late check out. When i informed them of my disgust at this, the answer was " so i understand that you dont want a late checkout"... I re-explained my whole bad experience to the front manager and he didnt seem to care much.
to sum it up, not worth a penny. Will definitively be back to Mauritius but surely not to Constance Belle Mare. They dont even compare to the Lux Belle Mare, 5 minutes away.
Moreover, they dont even compare to any other Constance hotel we have been so far.
A total disgrace to the Constance brand name
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Soft white sand, blue sky dotted with white clouds and turquoise lagoon which beckons long soaks…Stylishly renovated Constance Belle Mare Plage offers comfortable accommodations in a lively and cosy atmosphere; choose from one of the 104 Prestige Rooms, 149 Junior Suites, 6 Deluxe Suites, 18 distinctive Villas or the Presidential Villa for a top-notch island holiday. Seize the opportunity to try new things while having fun. Whether it’s relaxing on the beach or at one of the trendy bars, working out at the gym, pampering at the spa or enjoying water sports, Constance Belle Mare Plage is for an exciting memorable break! Seven distinctive restaurants and six hip bars situated at prime locations await you. And if you are staying with your kids, you will be thrilled to know that they will be having their share of adventures and fun too, at the Constance Kids Club. Set along a stunning 2km white sand beach, in a sheltered bay on the east coast of Mauritius, Constance Belle Mare Plage is a harmonious combination of tropical environment and Constance Chic. Combining space and design, all rooms are thoughtfully furnished and decorated for your comfort. Inspired by the unique beauty of the East Coast; space and style were combined to create comfort, to radiate brightness and to breathe in the freshness of the Indian Ocean. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ Supplier Direct, Ebookers, Holiday Gems, Booking.com, Destinology, Ctrip TA, Southall Travel, Prestigia, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, Odigeo, TravelUp, TripOnline SA, Hotel.de, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Constance Belle Mare Plage reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Constance Belle Mare Plage Hotel Belle Mare
- Belle Mare Plage Mauritius
- Belle Mare Plage Hotel Mauritius
- Constance Belle Mare Plage Mauritius