We have just returned from 12 days at the Constance Belle Mare Plage. I travel quite a lot on business, but my wife and I have not been on a good relaxing holiday for a few years. This is the first time we have done a review but we had to after the great service and holiday
This was the perfect place for us as it had all the sports that I/we love (diving, golf and sailing). One day - managed to do all three in that day!
Were there any niggles. Yes, a couple but very minor. The sailing dinghies were a bit tired and when I asked why a cleat to raise the dagger board was not working - was just told that they dont work on any of the lazers! The legend course was a bit tatty - but this was manily due to winter work they were doing on the course.
But, the plus sides. We had a junior suite which was yards from the beech, which was always pristine. The room was large, very clean and always kept to a really high standard. The people looking after it did a brilliant job and nothing was too much trouble. The guys at the diving school were safe, friendly and very professional. I only got round to two dives and thoroughly enjoyed both. With the exception of the condition of the Legend course - both the Legend and the Links were were really good and the staff were always friendly and helpful. Greeting us with a good morning, taking our bags and giving us a nice cold towel when we finished each round. One day we went and played the course at le Toussrock and would thoughly recommend this - although not for the faint hearted. Where every you play - bring plenty of balls as you will loose them and the price for balls in Mauritius is not cheap. Having a beer at rhe end of a round at the Links course at the end of day - with the fantastic view from their balcony is not to be missed
The buffet breakfast is as good as I have even seen. We ate their for a couple of evenings - but there was usually a half-boad menu at either the Deer Hunter or La Spiaggia and tended to eat at one of these restaurants in the evenings instead. We prefer small and tasty rather than loads of choices. Really good food and Trissen (who we think runs La Spiaggia) looked after us royally and I learned more from Trissen on wine from around the world than I have from any other restaurants.
Would we recommend The Belle Mare Plage. Yes, without any reservation. First time to Mauritius and for the first time are looking to go back straight away. Great food, fantastic people and a brilliant hotel (thanks Stuart from Chaka for recommending it)!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Soft white sand, blue sky dotted with white clouds and turquoise lagoon which beckons long soaks…Stylishly renovated Constance Belle Mare Plage offers comfortable accommodations in a lively and cosy atmosphere; choose from one of the 104 Prestige Rooms, 149 Junior Suites, 6 Deluxe Suites, 18 distinctive Villas or the Presidential Villa for a top-notch island holiday. Seize the opportunity to try new things while having fun. Whether it’s relaxing on the beach or at one of the trendy bars, working out at the gym, pampering at the spa or enjoying water sports, Constance Belle Mare Plage is for an exciting memorable break! Seven distinctive restaurants and six hip bars situated at prime locations await you. And if you are staying with your kids, you will be thrilled to know that they will be having their share of adventures and fun too, at the Constance Kids Club. Set along a stunning 2km white sand beach, in a sheltered bay on the east coast of Mauritius, Constance Belle Mare Plage is a harmonious combination of tropical environment and Constance Chic. Combining space and design, all rooms are thoughtfully furnished and decorated for your comfort. Inspired by the unique beauty of the East Coast; space and style were combined to create comfort, to radiate brightness and to breathe in the freshness of the Indian Ocean. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ Supplier Direct, Holiday Gems, Booking.com, Destinology, Southall Travel, Odigeo, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Travelbag, TravelUp, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Constance Belle Mare Plage reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Constance Belle Mare Plage Hotel Belle Mare
- Belle Mare Plage Mauritius
- Belle Mare Plage Hotel Mauritius
- Constance Belle Mare Plage Mauritius