“wonderful place for relaxing”

Constance Belle Mare Plage
Ranked #2 of 12 Hotels in Belle Mare
Reviewed 13 November 2013

It has been a super Family Holiday. The location was very nice, our hotel was right by the beach, we just had to walk 50 meters then we was at the beach. The weather was very nice, we had sunshine from we arrived until we left. The nature was beautiful, all the directions we looked the nature was pretty. everybody was nice and friendly, we got a great serviceat the hotel, we never needed anything, and if we needed something we could just ask for it and then we got it.
We really enjoyed our trip to Mauritius and we can really recommend it to everybody who need to relax.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
BelleMarePlage, General Manager at Constance Belle Mare Plage, responded to this reviewResponded 22 November 2013

Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to write about your experience on trip advisor following your recent stay at Constance Belle Mare Plage.

I am particularly glad to read that you have enjoyed your stay at our resort and all ingredients were there to make a success of your holidays.

I would like to thank you for highly recommending our resort and it's facilities and services. Indeed it is a great property to have a relaxing holiday.

Your satisfaction is the greatest reward of the team who took pride in being at your service.

The team joins me to thank you for staying at our resort and I trust to be honored with the pleasure of welcoming you back home soon.

Gert Puchtler

Write a ReviewReviews (3,781)

Reviewed 13 November 2013

Me and my wife visited this hotel in October 2013 and we were truly impressed with everything about this hotel. As we were on honeymoon, we also received a couple of gifts (special prices for wellness procedures, scuba diving, etc.) from the management, what made our stay even more enjoyable.

The service was absolutely stunning, after two days the personnel already knew our room number, what I always found incredible :) Special thanks to Babita, who made our dinners so pleasant that we every evening sat in the same corner of the restaurant, to have her as our waiter :)

The room was very clean, a small criticism about the check-in service: we had to wait more than an hour for a free room, but to tell the truth, it was before 2 pm, so no reason to complain. However, we were told that it will be just a couple of minutes. If we knew it will take so long, we would use the courtesy lounge, change for our swimsuits and hop to the ocean :) when we finally got to our room, we had to wait another dozens of minutes for our luggage, so the ocean was still waiting...

Hotel facilities: great golf courses, however, we saw and tried the Legend. Every week there is a free lesson for those who do not play, I think it is a great idea...

Beach: the nicest beach on the whole island, so no issues here. Always enough sunbeds with hotel towels.

Restaurants: we had all of our breakfasts and dinners in the Citronelle, which offers a great variety of food, so we felt no need to try another ones. There is, however, a possibility to try also other restaurants if you are on half-board and you get a credit to spend there...We mostly had just a light lunch, pasta, or pancakes and three times we visited the famous Symons Restaurant, which is cca 15 minutes away. I knew about the place from Tripadvisor and expected lower prices but also lower quality, what showed not to be true, every meal that we tasted was delicious and also looked well on the plate. Our favourite was the local soup, Meefoun, if I spell that right.

Evening entertainment: there are no other possibilities in the evening than the hotel bar, but good artists performed there every evening and we were satisfied with the quality.

Prices: Mauritius is not the cheapest destination, so you cannot expect one of the best hotels to have lower prices. We knew this, despite that chose this hotel and we were fine with it :)

Sightseeing: rent a car or hire a driver to take a tour of the island. There is also a possibility to go to boat trips directly from the hotel beach, Vicky Boats are pretty correct...

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Congratulations again for your honeymoon!

Thank you for taking the time to write about your holiday experience on trip advisor following your recent stay at Constance Belle Mare Plage.

I am particularly delighted to read that you have enjoyed your stay at our resort and that you have integrated with the local life with so much ease.

I would like to thank you for highly recommending our resort as well as being our ambassador and your satisfaction is the greatest reward of the team who took pride in being at your service. Your comments about the checking process have not gone unnoticed. I will address it with the persons concerned for a better experience.

Reviewed 11 November 2013

We visited for 2 nights in October , unfortunately the weather was poor for our last day causing the golf course to be closed . We had managed to play both courses on the first 2 days , both courses are in ok condition but not as good as past visits . I do not understand why buggies are free on the links ( although we were told these are being charged soon ) and £40 a round on the legends , and I think they miss the opportunity to promote the hotel by charging around £70 for a logo shirt . That aside both courses are tough and a good test for all levels especially from the back tees , a highlight for me was a birdie on the legends 17th signature hole!!
The hotel is all you expect from a top company like Constance ,although I was a bit disappointed that our television stopped working and the staff were trying to get in to prepare the room at 11am when our checkout time was midday .
If on bed and breakfast the restaurants are expensive with the evening buffet at £38 per person , which is ok for good appetites , the food is quite repetitive from night to night , but there is plenty to choose from and a little local knowledge and language will enable you to try many new dishes like sea urchin ( odd tasting but not unpleasant) .
Breakfast is extensive and relaxed , but watch out for the birds if you leave them the slightest opportunity , the women who scares them off can only be in one place at a time !
The bars and entertainment are all excellent , complaints of overpricing are valid if you live in Mauritius , but £3.80 for a pint of strong local beer is less than at a hotel in the uk , and £4.50 for a cocktail is not unreasonable , but avoid the mini bar and room service as these are expensive , drinks to have in your room can be bought in local shops if you venture out of the hotel , but get a price in advance before using taxis , they can be expensive if you don't .

Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends

Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for choosing the Constance Belle Mare Plage for your holidays and most of all for putting again our property on the top of your list while deciding to come to Mauritius.

I am extremely grateful for the time that you have afforded to write a review on Trip Advisor.

I thank you for your appreciation of the resort, its facilities, service and staff and also for your recommendations about the prices

Your invaluable suggestions about the golf have been brought to the attention of our Golf director and he is busy working for the improvement of our guest’s satisfaction.

Thank you again for your loyalty to the Constance Belle Mare Plage and for the very good rating. We look forward to welcome you on a third visit soon at our resort and trust to keep everything pristine till this very date.

Reviewed 11 November 2013

I stayed at Constance Belle Mare Plage hotel, Mauritius. The hotel was very well presented and the staff were very helpful and attentive. The food was very nice and there was a wide range to choose from. The chefs and restaurant staff were very pleasant and the presentation of the food was excellent. Special mention goes to chef Mr Sohan Singh from India who worked in the La Citronelle restaurant who made delicious dishes and went out of his way to make me and family feel welcome and provided wonderful dishes. I would recommend this hotel if travelling to Mauritius.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Singh358

Dear Guest

I would like to thank you for choosing the Constance Belle Mare Plage for your holidays and most of all for putting our property again on the top of your list while deciding to come to Mauritius.

I am delighted to read that the staff put you at the centre of their activities. I am also very grateful for the time that you have afforded to write a review on Trip Advisor.

Your warm and sincere appreciations go straight to our heart and we thank you for highly recommending us to other travelers who would like to visit our property.
We look forward to welcome you back on a next trip to Mauritius.

Reviewed 11 November 2013

This is the ideal hotel to relax with your kids and friends. Nice weather, great food, friendly staff. The junior suites are wonderful and located close to the pools. Diving center at the beach with very professional equipment gave this stay an extra touch. If possible go for a drift dive. It's amazing. Or take a beginners course in the swimming pool. This PADI certified BLUE diving centre offers courses for open water, advanced open water and rescue diver.
Enjoy.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family

Dear Guest

I would like to sincerely thank you for the time afforded to write a review on Trip Advisor.

I understand that you have had great moments with the Diving team and I will not miss to let them know how much you have appreciated the time that they have spared for you and also about your suggestion.

Reviewed 10 November 2013

The Constance is approximately an hour's drive from the airport but it is really worth the drive. It is located along a beautiful long sandy beach which has plenty of comfortable sun beds and towels. The hotel has a wonderful charm about it. It's spotless and the rooms are very spacious.
All the staff are professional but at the same time so friendly and relaxed. I must stress that the staff at this hotel are so attentive and always help you with a smile. They all go the extra mile and make your stay very special.
The food here was delicious and a good variety for everyone. The food at the Deer Hunter restaurant was great, overlooking the resorts Legend golf course. The La Citronelle breakfast and dinner service was excellent. All the chefs take great pride in the good quality cuisine that they prepare. We loved the Indian cuisine (thanks Chef Sohan Singh and team - took care of our food requirements - delicious food) and the desserts section. We would recomend using the spa facilities and having a treatment.
We would like to thank everyone at the hotel for your kind hospitality and in making our stay very enjoyable. Special thanks to the housekeeping department who kept the rooms immaculate, the guy who drives the courtesy buggy (he always stopped and insisted to drop us even if it was a few minutes walk), the chefs and staff at the la Citronelle restaurant. Guito for showing us the Villas. We all would come back to Mauritius and stay here again for sure.
Khera/Dhami

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family

Dear Guest(s)

We would like to thank you for your wonderful comments on Trip Advisor after your recent stay at our resort.

It is extremely re comforting to read that our facilities and services were to your satisfaction.

Thank you again for your appreciation and high recommendation. We will certainly keep on memories the pleasure we had to be at your service.

We look forward to welcome you for other experiences

Reviewed 9 November 2013 via mobile

Stayed for 15 nights for our honeymoon, could not fault the hotel, spotless and the staff could not do enough for you.
Food was always good and freshly made in the main restaurant, although drinks were expensive so would consider all inclusive if we went again.
Loved every minute of our trip - Even as non golfers! :)

Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
BelleMarePlage, General Manager at Constance Belle Mare Plage, responded to this reviewResponded 23 November 2013

Dear Guest,

Congratulations again for your Honeymoon!

I would like to thank you for taking the time to share your experience on Trip Advisor after your recent stay at Constance Belle Mare Plage .

I am glad to read that our facilities and services were to your holiday expectations and that you lived up every minute of the trip.

I have well noted your request for next visit and should your next trip materialise, I trust together with my team to be able to turn your dream into emotional experiences.

We will keep on memories the pleasure we had to be at your service.
With sincere regards.

The Residence Mauritius
#3 of 12 in Belle Mare
33 mi away
Heritage Le Telfair Golf & Spa Resort

Been to Constance Belle Mare Plage? Share your experiences!