This is a perfect place to escape from your everyday life and relax. The resort has a very hig standard of design and beauty. Every detail seems to be considered. We had a marvellous time.
The rooms are of good standard and the cleaning is both frequent and thourough. The prestige rooms are all located directly towards the sea and spacious enough. Only problem was a noisy aircondition blowing the air directly at the headside of the beds.
We mostly ate at the buffet restaurant la Citronelle. The food was ok, but not in any way fabulous. After a while you get to know the dishes. The fresh fish was always an alternative and the omelette for breakfast. The service was good, even if there was a decline in the service after the holidays. It is not Four Seasons or Shangri-la level of service, but good enough. Best service at the Bar and la Kaze restaurant.
The beach is good and frequently cleaned. It is not however the paradise beach of your dreams with the green/turqouise water that you find further south, probably because of the windy conditions on this side of the island. No sharks or jelly-fish or other nastys in the water though.
Most people that visit this hotel are probably golfers, since the hotel has the two best courses on the island. For others there are plenty of other acitivities. Both SPA and gym were excellent. Also very good water-sports.
We really liked "The Bar". Cosy and relaxing and with just the right level of entertainment and music. Especially since we had the cyclone Bejisa visiting for a few days, this became our living room.
Other info: No mosquitos. No other bugs. No criminality. No diseases. High prices for food and drinks. Many russians. And dont miss the boat trip going south. Absolutely amazing.
We would like to mention a few of the staff that really "walked the extra mile" for the guests: Deepak in la Kaze, Alexandre in th Bar and of course Mr Vincent.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Soft white sand, blue sky dotted with white clouds and turquoise lagoon which beckons long soaks…Stylishly renovated Constance Belle Mare Plage offers comfortable accommodations in a lively and cosy atmosphere; choose from one of the 104 Prestige Rooms, 149 Junior Suites, 6 Deluxe Suites, 18 distinctive Villas or the Presidential Villa for a top-notch island holiday. Seize the opportunity to try new things while having fun. Whether it’s relaxing on the beach or at one of the trendy bars, working out at the gym, pampering at the spa or enjoying water sports, Constance Belle Mare Plage is for an exciting memorable break! Seven distinctive restaurants and six hip bars situated at prime locations await you. And if you are staying with your kids, you will be thrilled to know that they will be having their share of adventures and fun too, at the Constance Kids Club. Set along a stunning 2km white sand beach, in a sheltered bay on the east coast of Mauritius, Constance Belle Mare Plage is a harmonious combination of tropical environment and Constance Chic. Combining space and design, all rooms are thoughtfully furnished and decorated for your comfort. Inspired by the unique beauty of the East Coast; space and style were combined to create comfort, to radiate brightness and to breathe in the freshness of the Indian Ocean. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Holiday Gems, Travelbag, Expedia, DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ Supplier Direct, Southall Travel, Travel Republic (UK), Prestigia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Constance Belle Mare Plage reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Constance Belle Mare Plage Hotel Belle Mare
- Belle Mare Plage Mauritius
- Belle Mare Plage Hotel Mauritius
- Constance Belle Mare Plage Mauritius