“MAURITIUS - BELLE MARE PLAGE - FEB'14”

Constance Belle Mare Plage
Ranked #2 of 12 Hotels in Belle Mare
Reviewed 2 March 2014

Great trip, went Business Class with BA and it was excellent. Arrived on time after a long 12 hour flight. The Belle Mare Plage was a brilliant hotel, food was top dollar, service was class, nothing too much and I was upgraded(free of charge) to a suite next to the beach. Played golf which was included in the price and the 2 courses was fantastic. The caddie masters coulkd not help us enough and very easy to get a tee time. Could go on more but I would put this island, hotel and people possible the best I have experienced. My wife was very pleasewd indeed as well.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
BelleMarePlage, General Manager at Constance Belle Mare Plage, responded to this reviewResponded 14 March 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience on Trip Advisor following your stay at our resort.

It is a great pleasure to read that all our facilities and services were to your holiday expectations and that you have appreciated all the attention provided by my associates.

I will not miss to thank them for having taken goo care of you. Thank you for your appreciation of their effort and also for the excellent rating.

I trust to have the opportunity to welcome you again soon at the resort

Gert Puchtler

Write a ReviewReviews (3,781)

Reviewed 1 March 2014

We originally booked 7 nights on half board basis but then added a further 3 nights when our plans were finalised.
First impression was of a stunning Hotel with very friendly staff and nothing changed in our first week.
We stayed in Block 4, first floor, immediately overlooking the beach. The room was fantastic with good air conditioning and everything you would expect.
Dinner in the Buffet in the main building was a bit of a scrum but the Deer Hunter restaurant (included in half board package) was outstanding, with regukar entertainment around 8pm when the herd of deer pass by.
On our 6th night we phoned reception to check that we could stay in the room for the etra 3 nights we had booked and were told to go to reception the next morning to revalidate the keys. Next day, in reception, we were told they had made a mistake and we would have to change rooms. After complaining we were offered a Junior Suite in compensation. The first junior suite they showed us was next to the kitchens and smelt of food, the air conditioning was noisy and there was a cockroach in the bathroom but they haed no other rooms so we had to stay the night. The next day we were shown another Junior Suite which wasnt as good as our original room, had no direct view of the sea but we hade no choice to accept. This really spoilt our otherwise perfect holiday.
The 2 golf courses are tremendous, very well maintained and challenging, a big bonus for us both being golfers.

Room Tip: Ask for Block 4
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
BelleMarePlage, General Manager at Constance Belle Mare Plage, responded to this reviewResponded 8 March 2014

Dear Guest,

I would like to personally thank you for taking the time to write on trip advisor to share your holiday experience after staying at our resort.

I am glad that you have had great times and that most of our facilities were to your holiday convenience. I understand also that there have been some issues to fix the extension of your stay at the resort and I sincerely apologise if it has not gone as smooth as your first week. As you have been made aware, we were at full capacity and it was quite challenging to juggle with the allocation.

We trust that though you would have preferred to have the same room type, you will have appreciated the effort and intention of the team to continue pleasing you by upgrading you further.

With regards to the insect found in your room, my housekeeper has already assured me that the necessary action has been taken to avoid any such recurrence.

Thank you again for your very good rating. I trust to have the opportunity to welcome you again at our resort on a next trip to Mauritius.

Kind regards

Reviewed 27 February 2014

It was a dream come true resort for me and my wife. We went there for our honeymoon and were amazed to see the ambiance of the resort and the great blue lagoons just in front of our suite.
We took the junior suite on the ground floor which had both the pool and beach in front of the suite. The food quality was awesome and we never felt that we are away from home as one of the indian chef 'Mr Sohan Singh' took special care for all indian visitors and cooked some amazing indian cuisines
Staff were really very polite and helpful.
All in all it is the best resort you can visit if you are in Mauritius.

Room Tip: Always choose ground floor rooms as they have access to pool and beach directly.
1  Thank VikasPandey2014
BelleMarePlage, General Manager at Constance Belle Mare Plage, responded to this reviewResponded 1 March 2014

Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for staying at the Constance Belle Mare Plage and for the time that you have afforded to write a review of your recent stay at our resort.

I am delighted to read that you have enjoyed your holidays and that all the facilities and services were to your convenience.

Thank you for your appreciation of the quality of food and also for Chef Sohan Singh who is a real passionate and devotes his time to please all our guests by his tantalizing cuisine.

The team joins me to congratulate you again for your honeymoon and look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you again on a next trip to Mauritius.

Reviewed 25 February 2014

I visited here for my honeymoon, & was delighted to see the ambiance, the food quality & variety, special mention of the Indian chef here: Mr. Sohan Singh, who is expert in indian cuisine, staff here is very polite & helpful, rooms are beautiful & spacious & well maintained.
Resort provides state of the art facilities such as water sports, Spa, Golf course & theme restaurants.

Room Tip: Opt for suites with a Fan.
1  Thank Ashish_Rakheja
BelleMarePlage, General Manager at Constance Belle Mare Plage, responded to this reviewResponded 27 February 2014

Dear Guest,

I want to send my heartfelt thanks to you for having taken the time to post a review on trip advisor about your stay at the Constance Belle Mare Plage.

It gives me much pleasure to read your comments and I would like to thank you for being our ambassador and also for featuring all necessary elements to motivate the travelers to make their mind before coming to our resort.

Your thoughtfulness and ‘great’ words about the entire resort offer as well as for our Indian Star Chef Sohan Singh, are greatly appreciated.

Congratulations again foryour honeymoon. I trust to have the pleasure of welcoming you for yet other great moments.

With sincere regards

Reviewed 23 February 2014

Great hotel, v friendly staff right across the hotel. Very good gym instructor Mervin, best chefs catered for our requests, very good golf lessons from Rakesh, best service provided by all staff. Highly recommended. Rooms were very comfortable and well cleaned.

Stayed: February 2014
1  Thank A A

Dear Guest,
Thank you for posting a review on Trip advisor following your stay at our resort.
It gives me great pleasure to read that you have enjoyed your holiday and that my associates, especially those whose name you have mentioned have put you at the centre of their activities.
I will not miss to thank them for having taken great care of you. Thank you also for your excellent rating .

I trust to have the opportunity to welcome you again on a next trip to Constance Belle Mare Plage

Reviewed 22 February 2014

I stayed at one of their beachfront villa's and it was certainly worth the extra cost. Amazing view! The house is very well-proportioned, fully equipped with everything you need and a truly private beach away from the hotel to enjoy some quality time with friends or family and with plenty of seating. I stayed 5 days and would have stayed 15 and probably never got bored, just walk 20 feet out of your house and you are in the ocean. I've stayed in many villas in Asia but this one is the best in terms of size, layout, privacy, unobstructed views and furnishings. The beach in front has its large collection of sea-marine life making it, at low tide, a great exploratory experience for kids, i do recommend bringing plastic shoes for walking in some areas of the sea.Hotel not brand new but aged very well. The villa masters ATMA and SHARMA are exceptional, they will fix anything for you, very attentionate and clean, first time i see people truly committed to their job. Both rooms are exactly same size and layout, the lower room has an extra outside private shower/seating/bath area, both rooms have sea view. I also organised a birthday dinner for 16 people in the front garden on the beach, it was OUTSTANDING and based on the presentation, quality, variety and length of the whole event it was Very good value for money. The house has a fully-equipped kitchen and the most loaded mini bar i have ever seen with a good selection of whites, reds, roses and bubblies. If you're looking for a high quality serviced villa, close to golf, close to beach and private, then in Mauritius this is one of your best bets. F&B at hotel very good, always with outstanding views, the italian has a phenomenal view and location but lacks spark in the different foods that we have tried. My friends stayed in various of the rooms in the hotel and there were no complaints. I have seen a classic room which was nicely decorated and with good proportions.Hotel is very clean and tidy and cosy at the same time, most water-activities and excursions available in the hotel or ask around for Gerard on the beach he can also organise the dolphin swim which is quite a drive but really nice. Because of the location there are no beach passer-by traffic making it overall a very quiet and relaxed beach/golf holiday retreat.

Room Tip: If you take a beach house there are only 3 and their numbers are 7,8 and 9. I would say that 7 is th...
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank DMEG86

Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for choosing the Constance Belle Mare Plage for your holidays and most of all for putting our property on the top of your list while deciding to come to Mauritius.

I am indeed very grateful for the time that you have afforded to write a review on Trip Advisor.

I am also glad to read that our facilities and services were to your satisfaction, especially your villa experience and also that our staffs have provided you with outstanding service throughout your stay. I will not miss to congratulate the two staff member whose name you have mentioned.

I thank you for your appreciations and for highly recommending us to other travellers who would like to visit our property.

We look forward to welcome you on a next trip to Mauritius.

With kind regards

Reviewed 22 February 2014

We have visited Mauritius before but not this hotel where we were recommended. It turned out to be excellent, and together with its seven restaurants and two golf courses provided everything we needed for a fortnight in February.

We also visited the sister hotel, Prince Maurice, which is close by. While the Belle Mare Plage is not quite as sophisticated, it seemed to us that the Belle Mare had a better atmosphere; busier and bustlier, with decent live entertainment every night.

Room Tip: If you want a beach-side room, go for a Junior Suite block 400. 2nd Floor rooms have more privacy.
1  Thank Mactab

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on trip advisor about your Mauritian trip to Constance Belle Mare Plage.

It gives me much pleasure to read your comments and I would like to thank you for being our your very thoughtful words about the Constance Belle Mare Plage.

This hotel has indeed that something different which makes it a better place to live though other specificity exist elsewhere.

We cannot thank you enough for your appraisal and for recommending our resort. Your satisfaction and appreciation are the fuel that helps us all to make Constance Belle Mare Plage a better place for you holiday.

We trust to have the honor to welcome you again on a next trip to Mauritius.

With sincere regards

The Residence Mauritius
#3 of 12 in Belle Mare
33 mi away
Heritage Le Telfair Golf & Spa Resort

Been to Constance Belle Mare Plage? Share your experiences!