We knew this resort was going to be special as soon as we arrived. The greeting by Guito, the Villa manger, the excellent Rajen and other staff was exemplary - warm, friendly, efficient, it set the tone for the rest of the holiday. We were taken straight to our garden villa which lived up to all our expectations. It was spacious, well designed and consisted of a large living room, two well appointed double bedrooms, two immaculate bathrooms, an outside shower and a small kitchen. It also included a heated swimming pool exclusive to the villa which provided our two children with hours of fun. The villa also came equipped with wi-fi, tvs in each bedroom and main room.
Every need was catered for, not least through our wonderful villa master, Dilip. In our arrival letter he was build as 'exclusively at your disposal and makes sure that you are feeling perfectly well.' He did all that and much more. He was quite simply outstanding in the service that he delivered. Nothing was too much trouble - he organised trips, booked restaurants, made coffee, engaged with the kids who loved him and did it all with a passion and commitment that was so typical of all the staff at this resort. They all genuinely seemed to love their jobs and their thoughtfulness made all the difference. By way of example the hotel has a highly efficient buggy service and the drivers are all great characters. One in particular, Kailash, dropped us off at a restaurant and when it started to rain an hour or so later came back to the restaurant to see if we needed a lift back to our villa. Completely proactive on his part and so typical of the thoughtfulness that we encountered throughout the resort.
The resorts facilities are also impressive. The long stretch of beach is beautiful and there was never any problem finding a sun lounger. If you are after good snorkelling off the beach you may be disappointed as you have to go out on a boat to find the best spots but the water sports on offer are excellent. The tennis courts are a high standard and although we have been to more impressive spas in terms of setting, the quality of the staff and service there is amongst the best we have experienced, including the excellent Sanjit who helped me sort a nagging back pain.
One of the stand out points of the resort for us was the quality of the food, particularly in the main restaurant, La Citronnelle - very varied, well themed, and high quality, something for everyone. We ate lunch every day at Indigo, the pool restaurant with a great view of the sea and the service there- particularly from Purcey who remembered us from our first day there (very impressive) - was excellent. Food on offer ranged from traditional burgers and pizza, to wonderful fish dishes and a Mauritian 'dish of the day'. We also ate at one of the more formal restaurants, The Deer Hunter, which offered great food for adults, although not necessarily a great choice for children. One of the highlights of our trip was a barbecue in our villa that Dilip organised to celebrate our 15th wedding anniversary. A chef came to our villa and cooked lobster, prawns, steak and chicken. He set up lighting, prepared the table and made the whole experience very special. An unforgettable night!
We also used the hotel, through the brilliant Vincent, to organise a speed boat trip down the east coast which we thoroughly recommend. We stopped off at different attractions along the way, dived off the boat and went snorkelling at the marine park. Well worth doing, a great day out.
For us, this resort was in a league of its own. If I had to put my finger on it, it comes down to service and a passion from all the staff to ensuring that you are having a good time. This ethos was particularly embodied by our villa master, Dilip, but ran throughout the resort. It was no surprise that the general manager of the resort, Gert Puchler, was highly visible throughout our stay, available to guests and often watching over the restaurants and other areas of the resort, always a good sign in our books.
A big thank you to all for making our stay so memorable. We can't recommend the resort highly enough.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Soft white sand, blue sky dotted with white clouds and turquoise lagoon which beckons long soaks…Stylishly renovated Constance Belle Mare Plage offers comfortable accommodations in a lively and cosy atmosphere; choose from one of the 104 Prestige Rooms, 149 Junior Suites, 6 Deluxe Suites, 18 distinctive Villas or the Presidential Villa for a top-notch island holiday. Seize the opportunity to try new things while having fun. Whether it’s relaxing on the beach or at one of the trendy bars, working out at the gym, pampering at the spa or enjoying water sports, Constance Belle Mare Plage is for an exciting memorable break! Seven distinctive restaurants and six hip bars situated at prime locations await you. And if you are staying with your kids, you will be thrilled to know that they will be having their share of adventures and fun too, at the Constance Kids Club. Set along a stunning 2km white sand beach, in a sheltered bay on the east coast of Mauritius, Constance Belle Mare Plage is a harmonious combination of tropical environment and Constance Chic. Combining space and design, all rooms are thoughtfully furnished and decorated for your comfort. Inspired by the unique beauty of the East Coast; space and style were combined to create comfort, to radiate brightness and to breathe in the freshness of the Indian Ocean. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Holiday Gems, Expedia, Travelbag, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Prestigia, DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ Supplier Direct, Southall Travel, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Constance Belle Mare Plage reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Constance Belle Mare Plage Hotel Belle Mare
- Belle Mare Plage Mauritius
- Belle Mare Plage Hotel Mauritius
- Constance Belle Mare Plage Mauritius