“Excellent resort for a relaxing vacation”

Constance Belle Mare Plage
Ranked #2 of 12 Hotels in Belle Mare
Reviewed 27 April 2014

This was our first stay at this resort but it will surely not be the last. Everything - from our welcoming and check in, through the daily service in the room, the delicious food, the beautiful surroundings and the beach, the daily complimentary activities till the late check out was perfect.
The resort boasts not only a perfect setting and romantic scenery but extremely kind and helpful staff which makes your stay a real pleasure - you feel special and welcome. The food at the half board restaurant La Citronella was excellent and varied, with daily presence of a nice selection of fresh quality fish and fruit. There is a nice choice of activities, both complimentary and charged for those that could be bored by the beautiful beach. The golf facilities are excellent. In one word - a highly recommended resort for a quality relaxing and memorable vacation.

Room Tip: The Prestige rooms are spacious and excellent very close to the beach and with direct view of the se...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
BelleMarePlage, General Manager at Constance Belle Mare Plage, responded to this reviewResponded 29 April 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for having taken the time to write a review of Constance Belle Mare Plage on Trip Advisor following your stay at our resort.

I am delighted to read that you have enjoyed the facilities and services offered. This hotel is indeed wonderful and my team joins me to say that our guests make this hotel even more wonderful.

Thank you again for your appreciation of the service offered for which my associates are grateful to you and also for highly recommending our resort.

I trust to have the opportunity to welcome you and your family back home soon for other great moments.

Gert Puchtler

Write a ReviewReviews (3,781)

Reviewed 26 April 2014

We knew this resort was going to be special as soon as we arrived. The greeting by Guito, the Villa manger, the excellent Rajen and other staff was exemplary - warm, friendly, efficient, it set the tone for the rest of the holiday. We were taken straight to our garden villa which lived up to all our expectations. It was spacious, well designed and consisted of a large living room, two well appointed double bedrooms, two immaculate bathrooms, an outside shower and a small kitchen. It also included a heated swimming pool exclusive to the villa which provided our two children with hours of fun. The villa also came equipped with wi-fi, tvs in each bedroom and main room.

Every need was catered for, not least through our wonderful villa master, Dilip. In our arrival letter he was build as 'exclusively at your disposal and makes sure that you are feeling perfectly well.' He did all that and much more. He was quite simply outstanding in the service that he delivered. Nothing was too much trouble - he organised trips, booked restaurants, made coffee, engaged with the kids who loved him and did it all with a passion and commitment that was so typical of all the staff at this resort. They all genuinely seemed to love their jobs and their thoughtfulness made all the difference. By way of example the hotel has a highly efficient buggy service and the drivers are all great characters. One in particular, Kailash, dropped us off at a restaurant and when it started to rain an hour or so later came back to the restaurant to see if we needed a lift back to our villa. Completely proactive on his part and so typical of the thoughtfulness that we encountered throughout the resort.

The resorts facilities are also impressive. The long stretch of beach is beautiful and there was never any problem finding a sun lounger. If you are after good snorkelling off the beach you may be disappointed as you have to go out on a boat to find the best spots but the water sports on offer are excellent. The tennis courts are a high standard and although we have been to more impressive spas in terms of setting, the quality of the staff and service there is amongst the best we have experienced, including the excellent Sanjit who helped me sort a nagging back pain.

One of the stand out points of the resort for us was the quality of the food, particularly in the main restaurant, La Citronnelle - very varied, well themed, and high quality, something for everyone. We ate lunch every day at Indigo, the pool restaurant with a great view of the sea and the service there- particularly from Purcey who remembered us from our first day there (very impressive) - was excellent. Food on offer ranged from traditional burgers and pizza, to wonderful fish dishes and a Mauritian 'dish of the day'. We also ate at one of the more formal restaurants, The Deer Hunter, which offered great food for adults, although not necessarily a great choice for children. One of the highlights of our trip was a barbecue in our villa that Dilip organised to celebrate our 15th wedding anniversary. A chef came to our villa and cooked lobster, prawns, steak and chicken. He set up lighting, prepared the table and made the whole experience very special. An unforgettable night!

We also used the hotel, through the brilliant Vincent, to organise a speed boat trip down the east coast which we thoroughly recommend. We stopped off at different attractions along the way, dived off the boat and went snorkelling at the marine park. Well worth doing, a great day out.

For us, this resort was in a league of its own. If I had to put my finger on it, it comes down to service and a passion from all the staff to ensuring that you are having a good time. This ethos was particularly embodied by our villa master, Dilip, but ran throughout the resort. It was no surprise that the general manager of the resort, Gert Puchler, was highly visible throughout our stay, available to guests and often watching over the restaurants and other areas of the resort, always a good sign in our books.

A big thank you to all for making our stay so memorable. We can't recommend the resort highly enough.

Dear Guest,

The entire team joins me to thank you for staying at our resort and most of all for sharing your holiday experience at our resort on TripAdvisor.

I am amazed to read how much memories of this holiday you have brought back home and also how much my associates, especially those whose name you have mentioned, put you and your family at the center of their activities.

I will not miss to thank them for their passion which is to ensure that our guests are being cared for from beginning till the end.

Your extensive description of the Constance Belle Mare Plage facilities and services is more than enough to convince the world that a dream holiday cannot be conceived elsewhere than at this resort.

I would like to personally thank you for being our ambassador and for your high recommendations.

I look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you soon at the resort on a next trip to Mauritius.

Reviewed 25 April 2014

First Holiday after our marriage. We just loved staying in here. Lovely and cooperative staff. The hotel beach is just awesome. Lot of activities to do in hotel itself. Special thanks to Indian Chef who took care of our food. The hotel itself has around 3-4 restaurants to dine in. On my next trip to Mauritius, will surely stay only in Belle Mare Plage

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
BelleMarePlage, General Manager at Constance Belle Mare Plage, responded to this reviewResponded 26 April 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying at our resort and for sharing your experience with millions of travelers reading TripAdvisor.

I am glad to read that your holidays were to your expectations and that we have been able to contribute to its success.

Thank you for your appreciation of the degree of caring of Chef Sohan, indeed he is very passionate about what he does and the most important is that he is able to transfer his pleasure into tantalizing dishes.

I look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you soon back home for further great moments.

Warm regards

Reviewed 22 April 2014

This is our fourth trip to the Belle Mare Plage and the place just seems to get better and better every time.

We feel like we are going home now, everyone knew us and greeted us by name and we recognised and were recognised by the all the staff - most of whom have been there for ages.

A big thank you to Boodhoo at La Kaze, Ramila at all the restaurants, Karuna at reception, Isadora at the kids club and Chand at the beach and Ajay at the deer hunter.

The most amazing part about the resort are the pristine beaches - some of the best in mauritius and the fact that the sun is always shining - we've been there during different times of the year and even thunderstorms seem to go just as quickly as they arrive.

Having stayed at some of the top resorts and hotels around the world, I can vouch for the quality and service are second to none and the food is better than most of the michelin starred restaurants I have frequented in London and NewYork.

A class act, always improving (this year the rooms were refurbished with wifi and computer keyboards in all rooms), and wonderful service with a smile. well done!

Dear Guest,

I would like to express my heartfelt thanks to you for staying once again at our resort and for renewing with what you have left after your third visit.

I am particularly delighted to read that you have noticed the improvements that have been brought and that the facilities and services were still to your convenience. Constance Belle Mare Plage is indeed your home and your appreciation of the warmth that prevails will certainly motivate the staff, especially those that you have mentioned, to perform even better.
I will not miss to congratulate them for putting you at the center of their activities.

Thank you also for your appreciation of the quality of food provided at our resort. The Chef and his brigade are real passionate in their field.

I look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you soon for further great moments.

Warm regards

Reviewed 21 April 2014

Very nice hotel! Brilliant hotel. Well serviced pool, great fish. La Spiagia had lovely food and is our favorite restaurant. The rooms are lovely and cozy. The beach staff are wonderful people.
The staff that stuck out for us was: Ramila, Purcy and Ashok.
The only thing that we were not happy with is in the restaurants there is no sushi.

Room Tip: The rooms by the beach are lovely. And you can hear the waves. It is very relaxing!
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
BelleMarePlage, Owner at Constance Belle Mare Plage, responded to this reviewResponded 26 April 2014

Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to share your experience on TripAdvisor following your stay at our resort.

I am particularly delighted to read that most of our facilities and services were to your convenience and that La Spiaggia was your favorite.

Thank you for your appreciation of the service provided by the beach staff as well as Ramila , Percy and Ashok.

Your satisfaction is their greatest reward. I will not miss to congratulate them for having taken great care of you.

I have well noted your liking for the sushi, and trust to surprise you on a next stay.
I look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you soon for yet another brilliant moment.

Kind regards

Reviewed 17 April 2014

Marvellous place, beautiful hotel, very nice friendly staff!!!!I spent 10 days here and never do not forget these holidays...Beach in paradise!!!All at a very high level...Delicious food...One word.. is worth to come here...only positive emotions in my heart..love it!!!!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
BelleMarePlage, General Manager at Constance Belle Mare Plage, responded to this reviewResponded 21 April 2014

Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for the time that you have afforded to write a review of Constance Belle Mare Plage on Trip Advisor following your visit at our resort.

Thank you for your fantastic review. My team and I are delighted to read that the entire resort experience has left you with so much great feelings for the Constance Belle Mare Plage.

Your satisfaction is our greatest rewards.Thank you also for highly recommending our resort. We will all keep on memories the pleasure we had to be at your service.

Reviewed 17 April 2014

Hello There,
We went on a week end at Belle Mare Plage Hotel. Below is a brief of our experience. Unfortunately, we only stayed for 2 nights... but this gave us an perfect overview of this charming luxury resort on the east coast:

Our experience was just flawless; from the late check in to the outlets service, staff greeting and welcome.
Big thumb up to Dinesh and Gino from your F&B team. They really made us feel comfortable.
Joanne (and colleague, sorry we forgot her name...) from the guest relation was amazing in providing us with the adequate assistance in a timely manner.
The room cleanliness and shape reflected the standard of this resort through the housekeeping team.

Rest assured that we will recommend your nice property to my contacts looking for a breakaway on the East coast.

Thank you again for hosting us.
Big Thank you to Mr Gert Puchtler and team.

Room Tip: Lovely room 210 with a nice view Lunch on the beach is fantastic Perfect internet connection

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing the Constance Belle Mare Plage for your week-end holiday.

I am delighted to read that you have made the right choice for this beak and that you were able to enjoy to the maximum.

Your appreciation and satisfaction have sincerely given a sense of purpose to all those doing something for the pleasure of our visitors and I am also proud to be part of this team.

I will certainly not miss to congratulate all the team members whose devotion have contributed in one way or the other to the success of your holidays and all the team members will keep on memories the pleasure they had to be at your service.

I trust to have the honor of welcoming you again.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Belle Mare
The Residence Mauritius
#3 of 12 in Belle Mare
33 mi away
Heritage Le Telfair Golf & Spa Resort

Been to Constance Belle Mare Plage? Share your experiences!