“another great stay”

Ranked #2 of 13 Hotels in Belle Mare
Newcastle, United Kingdom
“another great stay”
Reviewed 29 May 2014

just returned after another stay at this fab hotel ,golf top class, food great, special mention for the deer hunter in the evening,& la kaze at lunch ,la kaze staff fantastic know there (big) onions, great location & beach with fab staff. only down, come on BMP you need to have a happy hour every night like you did on our previous trips

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
BelleMarePlage, General Manager at Constance Belle Mare Plage, responded to this review, 30 May 2014
Dear Guest(s)

It has been a pleasure for the entire team and I to welcome you back home.

I am delighted to read that your stay was fantastic and that all the facilities and services were to your convenience.

I have well taken note of your suggestion and I recommend you to inform us when you are next to come to Mauritius, as we have launched a new interesting package that is much more than the happy hour. We will guide you through with pleasure.

Thank you for your excellent rating. I look forward to welcome you soon.

With best personal regards

Gert Puchtler

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (566)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Cape Town Central, South Africa
Reviewed 29 May 2014

Second visit to Belle Mare just as good as the first. Booked a 3-bedroom Villa and had the same 'over-the-top' personal service that makes this place special. Having your own space is perfect - if pricey.
We normally go to La Plantation d'Albion Club Med for school holidays so the kids can do trapeze, archery etc. but I wanted the better food and relaxation that Constance offer so I insisted we return here this year. Constance 4 star quality is usually higher than 5 star Club Med - although we found the Constance Ephelia last year was very mixed - villa service there was almost non-existent which may be the difference in the locals' attitude to work ethics.
At Belle Mare the staff in all areas - restaurant, bar, tennis, boat etc was excellent. We did a number of paragliding and banana boat trips - provided by outsiders but organised by the boat house at no extra cost - and these were superb and about half the cost of Paradis. The tennis coach went out of his way to look after us, giving us extended lessons at no extra charge which was perfect as our son was playing in a regional tournament immediately on our return - professional courtesy. Only disappointment was that as non-regular golfers we could not use either course, whereas we were allowed on the Paradis course.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
BelleMarePlage, General Manager at Constance Belle Mare Plage, responded to this review, 31 May 2014
Dear Guest(s)

Thank you for your stay again at our resort and for taking the time to share on TripAdvisor your holiday experience.

I am particularly glad to read that you and your family have made the most out of this holiday and that our facilities and services provided by all the team members were to your holiday expectations.

I have well noted your comment about the golf access and sincerely apologize if you have not been able to enjoy it this time. I know that the golf courses during the past weeks were thronged with golfers and competitions. Please rest assured access to our golf courses is not a question of being regular or non-regular golfers.

I trust to meet with you on a next trip and who knows, we might have a round together or with my Golf Director.

I sincerely look forward to welcome you soon for further memorable moments.

Munich, Germany
Reviewed 28 May 2014

The Constance Belle Marge Plage Hotel Resort is my favorit place for holidays. This year it was my 3rd visit in this beautiful hotel and I enjoyed it very much as allways. The Hotel Resort has everything what you need for beautiful holidays: Nice rooms, excellent food, very friendly service and staff, beautiful beach, different sport facilities: golf, tennis, snorcheling, sailing, water ski and swimming - all included!! Beautiful Golf courses and in the evening wonderful shows and music entertainment at the bar. I love it and will come back soon as possible!

Room Tip: rooms directly in front of the ocean, next to the restaurant La Kaze, are very nice and quiet - exc...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Dear Guest(s),

I want to send my heartfelt thanks to you for having taken the time to post a review on trip advisor about your stay at the Constance Belle Mare Plage.

It gives me much pleasure to read your comments and I would like to thank you for being our ambassador and also for featuring all necessary elements to motivate the travelers to make their mind before coming to our resort.

Your extensive description of the resort facilities and services is amazing and travelers will surely make good use of your advice.

Thank you for your loyalty to your favourite Constance Belle Mare Plage. I trust to have the pleasure to welcome you again for yet other great moments.

Oxford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 May 2014

This was our second stay at this lovely resort, returning here from the year before for 2 weeks in November 2013. We had a fantastic holiday, staff are wonderful and remembered us from the year before giving us the feeling we had returned home. Stayed in a junior suit with lovely views of the pool and sea. Stayed on half board basis, the food was excellent with lots of choice. We were invited to managers cocktail one evening which was a lovely touch which we fully enjoyed. Golf on both the legends and links my husband enjoyed while I enjoyed relaxing on the lovely beach. We will be returning again at the end of October 2014 for our friends wedding after we recommended this hotel to them, so will soon be back in paradise.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest(s),

Words are not enough to thank you for this stay again.

It has been a pleasure for the team to be again at your service and I am glad that you have brought back again even more memories of the facilities and services provided by the staff.

I agree with you when you say that it is 'paradise again', as indeed by having good memories at each visit, it builds paradise in the heart and also it happens when you love many things around you with passion.

I cannot thank you enough for sharing this emotion to every viewer reading this review as this is absolutely what it is to stay at Constance Belle Mare Plage.

I really look forward to meet with you again in October this year.

Penn,UK
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Another wonderful fortnight at this fantastic resort. We were a party of 10 friends and relations and everyone was very impressed with everything about this hotel. We all stayed in junior suites and they are extremely comfortable with plenty of space and equipped with everything you may need. The staff are truly outstanding, nothing is too much trouble and everyone has a smile on their face. You are greeted everywhere you go and many of the staff remembered us from our previous trips.
As I mentioned to the Manager, La Citronelle was even better than on our previous visits. The choice and quality of the food is excellent and the patisserie is outstanding. At breakfast all the staff are eager to make things to order and then remember your request each morning which is very impressive. I would like to thank the lady who did the fruit each morning who always tried to find me some melon if it was not out on the buffet and I know the other members of my party were delighted by the omelettes cooked to perfection each day!
Most of us spent a lot of time on the fantastic golf courses and I would especially like to thank Dhanish and his excellent team at the Links. We were greeted as old friends, they always knew our names (Cartwright) and every time we played our clubs had been organised in advance. Nothing was too much trouble and you could not have asked for more. They are to be commended on a first rate service.
We will definitely be returning as it is the best group holiday for golfers and I don't think it can be surpassed.

Room Tip: Junior suites are on the quieter side of the resort and give you plenty of space inside but also a l...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Dear Guest(s),

You have left us and we already miss you.

It has been yet another pleasure for the team to be of service to you, your family and friends.
Thank you for each visit coming back with new friends to discover the Constance Belle Mare Plage holiday experience.

Your thoughtful words about La Citronelle, for which the Chef and his team have put heads together in order to continuously innovate for the pleasure of our guests, are greatly appreciated.

I am delighted to read also that the staff has put you at the centre of their activities, especially Renuka and her other colleagues at breakfast and also Danish at the golf.

Your appreciation has given a sense of purpose to all those, whose duty were to look after you and I thank you for your excellent rating and high recommendations.

We are all looking forward to your next visit.

Appenzell, Switzerland
Reviewed 28 May 2014

We just spent two weeks at the Belle Mare Plage Resort (Junior Suite Beachfront). We enjoyed our stay immensely. The housekeeping staff ensured that Suite was clean and comfortable. The Food and the Service in the Restaurants were excellent. The staff is very friendly and polite. We enjoyed in particular the Service of Kailash. Due to some Problem we made use of the Transport Service. Kailash was ver helpful and most reliable. We can recommend this Resort and we for sure plan to stay there again.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Dear Guest(s),

It has been a pleasure for the entire team to host you at our resort. Thank you for taking the time to post a review on TripAdvisor following your holidays.

I am delighted to read that you have thoroughly enjoyed your stay and that the services provided by the staff have enhanced your experience at our resort.

Your satisfaction is their greatest reward and I would like to thank you also for your excellent rating and high recommendations.

The team and I are already looking forward to your next holiday with us.

Wokingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 May 2014

My husband and I are at the end of our second stay here. We spent our honeymoon here 10 years ago. Now we just wonder why did we wait 10 years to come back.what really makes this resort to stand out are the people, the staff is so attentive and warm and welcoming we felt immediately at easy. The resort itself is stunning. We had the Junior suit with pool and sea view. Nirmala made sure it was kept clean and tidy and spread petals on our bed every evening which was very sweet. We love our golf and the two golf courses are fantastic. The Legend is stunning with all the water features but make sure you bring enough golf balls :-) The Links is great to regain confidence, still not an easy course and also very interesting.The half board it great and there is plenty to choose from but we loved going to the restaurant too, our favourite is the La Spiagia which is set on the beach, perfect for a romantic dinner. overall ww loved our stay and will definitely be going back.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest(s)

Thank you for taking the time to share on Tripadvisor holiday experience.

Your thoughtful words about the entire resort experience and also the service attentiveness of the staff are greatly appreciated.

Thank you also for placing the Constance Belle Mare Plage on the top of your list whilst you decided to come to Mauritius.

I trust that the remainder of your stay will be both pleasant and relaxing and I look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you soon for further memorable moments.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Belle Mare
Four Seasons Resort Mauritius at Anahita
LUX* Belle Mare
LUX* Belle Mare
#1 of 13 in Belle Mare

Been to Constance Belle Mare Plage? Share your experiences!