“Holiday in Paradise”

Ranked #3 of 12 Hotels in Belle Mare
London, United Kingdom
“Holiday in Paradise”
Reviewed 18 June 2014

Constance Belle Mare Plage was everything I had dreamed of. It was out first trip and will certainly not be out last. We loved the whole set up. The Hotel, golf, food and massages! The Deer Hunter Restaurant was our favourite place to dine and 'Tristan' in particular made our evening meals special in a most relaxing atmosphere. The staff remember your name and make you feel special. Nothing is too much trouble. We are already planning to return next year.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
BelleMarePlage, General Manager at Constance Belle Mare Plage, responded to this review, 28 June 2014
Dear Guest(s),

It has been a great pleasure to have hosted you in our little corner of paradise. Thank you for having taken the time to share your Constance Belle Mare Plage experience on Tripadvisor.

I am particularly delighted that all our facilities and services provided were to your holiday convenience and that you have made the most out of it.

Thank you for your appreciation of the service of the staff, #i am also very proud to work with them.

I look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you very soon for yet further memories.

Kind regards

Gert Puchtler

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (530)
  • Arabic first
  • Czech first
  • Finnish first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Dorking, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 June 2014

It's the last day of a 16 week family holiday with our 4 and 1 year old children and I'm delighted to say that for the first time in five years that we are returning from a holiday with young children relaxed, de-stressed, slept and well fed (too well!) - and this is all down to the amazing experience, and most importantly the staff, at Belle Mare Plage. With some trepidation we decided to go long haul and all inclusive after a lot of average (and quite expensive) self catering breaks in Europe, and were not disappointed. We had read a lot of good reviews about the accommodation and staff at Constance locations, and I can assure you they are all true. It doesn't matter whether you spend a little or a lot on the accommodation, the difference is made by the atmosphere and attitude created by the staff, everyone from Sharma and Atmar at our villa who made everything so seamless and predicted our every need, our charming buggy driver Kailash, Natasha and Rosy in the amazing kids club who we will all miss so much, all the way through to Vinay and Purcy the waiters. We had a challenging start to the holiday, no thanks to very unhelpful people at Air France and some unforeseen issues meaning we couldn't stay at the Prince Maurice - but the managers at Belle Mare did everything within 24 hours to ensure our holiday was better than we could ever imagine, and having visited Prince Maurice it is clear that Belle Mare was actually the far better option for us anyway. Thank you and we look forward to trying another Constance holiday soon!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
BelleMarePlage, General Manager at Constance Belle Mare Plage, responded to this review, 29 June 2014
Dear Guest(s),

The entire team joins me to thank you for staying at our resort and most of all for taking the time to share your experience on tripadvisor.

I am particularly delighted to read that your family and yourself have for the first time in five years returned home from a holiday totally unwind after the Constance Belle Mare Plage experience.

Your profound appreciation of this experience and the effort of the team is a great compliment and has given a sense of purpose to all those, whose duty was to look after you and your family.

Holiday experience with Constance is a way of life. Once you start, it’s for life…, and I would like to thank you for being our ambassador.

Your satisfaction has been shared to the entire team and I will not miss to congratulate all of them.

Thank you again for your excellent evaluation and I look forward to welcome you and your family back home some time.

We will all keep on memories the pleasure we had to be at your service.

Liberec
Reviewed 17 June 2014

Constance Belle Mare Plage hotel offers amazing connection of golf, hotel services and sea beach. Practically it is impossible to find out any reason for merest dissatisfaction. Mainly staff behaviour is so friendly and pleasant that you have an impression they have the only one interest – to do the best you could wish. It begins since you enter hotel entrance hall until you leave the hotel through leaving receptions. Food is excellent, selection of seven restaurants is perfect. All things including water sports and beach services work as they are displayed. Precisely and carefully.
At the time when you are leaving you begin to plan to be back as soon as possible.

Dear Guest(s),

Thank you for staying at our resort and for having taken the time to share the Constance Belle Mare Plage experience on tripadvisor.

It is indeed a great pleasure to read that you have enjoyed all our facilities and services and most of all that you have brought home the memories of the staff engagement.

Thank you for your excellent evaluation of the resort. It is with pleasure that we will be welcoming you back home on a next visit to Mauritius.

Northampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 June 2014

My husband and I have just returned from a ten day stay at the Belle Mare Plage. It is our second stay at the hotel and we enjoyed it just as much this time. The staff are the best we have ever come across. They know you by name within the first day and nothing is too much trouble. My husband loved the golf courses and enjoyed the attention given by the staff. We had enjoyed dinner at the Deer Hunter restaurant.
It was like arriving in paradise from the moment we arrived. Thank you to all the staff for making it a holiday to remember.

Mrs Stobart

Room Tip: We had a Junior Suite which was really nice and sea facing
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Susan S
Dear Guest(s),

It has been a pleasure for the entire team and I to welcome you back home.

I am delighted to read that your stay was fantastic and that all the facilities and services were even more to your convenience.

Thank you for your excellent rating and I look forward to welcome you soon back home.

With best personal regards

Reviewed 11 June 2014

I don’t know where to begin in thanking all the staff at Constance Belle Mare Plage for making our family holiday truly memorable. From the moment we arrived and were greeted with smiles and a cool towel by the valet and reception team to being welcomed by Rajan, the villa manager, being driven to our beautiful villa by Kailesh and introduced to our fantastic butlers, Parman, Mustapha and Prakash, the holiday was perfect and the hotel service 5 star.

The upgrade to our own villa was very special and meant we were able to enjoy a lot of time by the pool and at the beach, by Spiaggia. Having the club car service around the property was of particular importance to my father and Kailesh and all the buggy drivers were so efficient. Kailesh went above and beyond with his suggestions for activities around the resort or local area.

We couldn’t remember everyone’s names but have tried to remember those that were key in making our holiday so memorable. The staff in all the restaurants, at the spa (special mention to Pretty) and fitness centre (special mention to Jose), at the golf clubs, in the reception areas and around the property were always so willing to help, make suggestions and go above and beyond to make our stay so special, and they always did it with a smile!

The hotel is beautiful and having the beach just metres from your room is amazing. We felt May was a particularly good time to go as the temperature was nice and warm rather than hot and sticky. Some cooler afternoons were welcomed when we had activities to do.

Food was of a very high standard too - choice was never an issue, except maybe having too much choice :) never really a bad thing.

Room Tip: Were upgrade to a beautiful 3 bed villa. But all hotel rooms are sea view and have a sitting area so...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Laura N
Dear Guest(s),

I would like to personally thank you and your family for putting the Constance Belle Mare Plage on the top of your list while you decided to come on holidays in Mauritius.

It is indeed a great pleasure to read that all the resort facilities were to your holiday expectations. I particularly appreciate the fact that the team’s engagement has not gone unnoticed and it is amazing to read also how much memories you have brought home.

Definitely, I am proud that my staff has contributed to the success of your family holiday. Your satisfaction is their greatest reward and I will not miss to congratulate them for having taken great care of your family.

Thank you for the excellent rating and for being our ambassador. I trust to have the opportunity to welcome you again at the resort.

Vijayawada
Reviewed 11 June 2014

One of the best resort excellent ambience excellent rooms good service friendly nature of staff its like a second home to me in the stay of my week i felt very sad at check out time will def visit it again

• Stayed June 2014
Dear Guest(s),

I would like to thank you for the time that you have taken to express your feelings about this Constance Belle Mare Plage stay.

Thank you also for choosing our resort for your holidays. I am particularly delighted and so is my team to read that you have considered this resort as your home away from home.

I cannot thank you enough for spreading out this feeling. My team and I look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you soon back home.

IOW
Reviewed 10 June 2014

I have just recently got back from a 12 night holiday at this fantastic resort hotel and I had a fabulous time, and weather was excellent. This is my second time holidaying at Constance Belle Mare Plage, and I was made so welcome, and as I walked around the resort many of the staff remembered me from the previous year.
Again I flew from Gatwick with BA and from the time of arrival to the time of boarding the plane everything went without a hitch. I do recommend online check-in which will avoid queuing, and makes it a lot quicker and less hassle. The only small issue I had was the long 12hr flight, which can be tiring, but all the cabin crew endeavour to make the long haul as smooth as possible. When I landed I was greeted with a rain shower, not a good start, but after 1 hour travelling, and on arrival at the resort hotel the weather had improved, and eventually changed to sunshine, and remained so for 12 days.

The Accommodation - You will not be disappointed in what you have booked, they are all kitted out with all mod cons, and if you happened to be beach front, the views are to die for.

The Food – At La Citronnelle (Buffet) could not be faulted, there is something for every-one. Any of the chef’s will cook to your preference whether at breakfast, lunch or dinner. Although this can get a little repetitive if you are staying longer than 7 days, but I broke this up with using my package options by visiting The Kaze, The Deer Hunter, Indigo, and La Spiaggia Restaurants. If you dine at The Deer Hunter you could well see a herd of deer in the evening light pass quietly around the 18th green which is a definite must not to miss!

The Staff - were very courteous and attentive. The entire complex and the gardens were kept immaculately clean. The extensive staff in all the restaurants, and not forgetting the reception staff and taxi buggy drivers, all were most helpful throughout my stay.

The Golf - playing at The Legend and The Links courses you won't be disappointed, breath taking views, what ever your handicap happens to be it will test the best of your golfing skills. You will need to budget your cost for the buggies at a cost of £30 per cart unless you take the All Inclusive Package. You will need to take plenty of golf balls, as there are plenty of trees, narrow fairways and not forgetting the dreaded water.

Excursions - there are plenty of things to do so it is well worth meeting with your Travel Rep who will tell you what is available, it’s a shame to go all that way and not see the site’s and scenery of this beautiful island.

Special Thanks - must go to the Villa Reception staff (Rajen, and Jennifer) for looking after me during my stay, but particular thanks must go to the Villa Master Butler (Jogoo) for making my stay so very special. Other people I wish to thank are;
Kailash –Buggy Taxi Driver
Boodhoo – La Kaze
Deepak – La Kaze
Jean – Main Bar
Ashvin – Main Bar

Overall, this was an excellent holiday. We recommend (without prejudice!) Belle Mare Plage.

2 Thank malsam
Dear Guest(s),

I would like to thank you for staying again at our resort and most of all for taking the time to share your emotions on trip advisor.

Your review is fantastic and all the team join me to thank you for being our ambassador. It is indeed a great pleasure to read how much memories you have brought back home.

You thoughtful words about the staff especially for Rajen, Jennifer, Joghoo, Kailash, Boodhoo, Deepak, Jean and Ashvin are greatly appreciated.

Your appreciation has also given a sense of purpose to all those whose duty was to look after you and your satisfaction is their most wonderful reward.

Thank you again for highly recommending our resort and for your excellent rating.

I look forward to meet with you on a third visit to the Constance Belle Mare Plage.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Belle Mare
#1 of 4 in Grand Gaube
Zilwa Attitude
Zilwa Attitude
#1 of 3 in Calodyne

Been to Constance Belle Mare Plage? Share your experiences!