“Superbly motivated team!”

Constance Belle Mare Plage
Ranked #2 of 13 Hotels in Belle Mare
Reviewed 9 July 2014

After a week's vacation in BMP, we can't help but recommend this resort & destination.
The location is fabulous and if you are looking for activities on vacation, this is perfect. With access to 2 beautiful golf courses, swimming, spa, gym, beach activities, tennis, evening entertainment and great restaurants.
Staff is extremely helpful and pro-active. All services are efficiently delivered and facilities are clean and well-maintained.
Chef Sanjeev went out of the way to cater to special requests.
A fabulous place indeed, one that we will definitely be returning to.

Room Tip: Higher floors have clearer view of sunrise & sunset.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank PBhagat2014
BelleMarePlage, General Manager at Constance Belle Mare Plage, responded to this reviewResponded 29 July 2014

Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for the time that you have taken to express your feelings about this Constance Belle Mare Plage stay.

Thank you also for choosing our resort for your holidays. I am particularly delighted and so is my team to read that you were fully satisfied with our facilities, services and activities.

I cannot thank you enough for being our ambassador. My team and I look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you soon back home.

There are newer reviews for Constance Belle Mare Plage

Reviewed 8 July 2014

This was our first visit to bmp and it did not let us down. we stayed here for 8 days. we had an awesome stay. though july is considered as winter in Mauritius, we didn't feel any cold, although it did rain few times for short period which somewhat ruined our water activities plans. I have visited a lot of hotels ,but I have never seen such amazing employees as this. Everyone greets you with a smiley face everytime u pass them, never an exception, and clearly not a forced one. Everyone genuinely want to serve you at their best.

Resort in itself is so huge, that there is no need to go outside, though you might want to hire bicycle and go out for a ride. A lot of dining options and a huge main bar wherein you can watch live sports or play pool.
I read in a review that since they were from India, they were not treated equally, which as per our experience did not hold true. Everyone were treated greatly. We were on half board basis, so we had most of our dinner at La Citronella, but you do have an option of eating at other restaurants for which you will get Rs. 950 per person.

Also I read a lot about water related issues, but I don't think its an issue. You get complimentary water every morning in your room, also during dinner a litre of still water cost you Rs. 50 which as per the resort standard i find decent enough. Also the cost of castle lager beer was Rs. 120 which again is decent enough, we went to a nearby supermarket and bought few cans that cost us around rs. 60.

A lot of water activities are free at the boat house, and guys out there are more than helpful and ensure that you enjoy the fullest, just go and enquire as to what can be done on certain days, don't miss out the water ski and snorkelling sessions.
House keeping were great, and since there are club cars moving around , you don't have to worry about walking from your suite to restaurants, you can just sit on one of them.

No issues about wifi, its free in your room and most of the resort areas.
Take any room, each of them have got amazing views.

All in all , one of the best resort to relax and experience sheer luxury!!!

Special thanks to the Indian chef Sohan Singh and the club car guy Kailash.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank vivek_nepal
BelleMarePlage, General Manager at Constance Belle Mare Plage, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2014

Dear Guest,

The team joins me to thank you for having taken the time to write extensively about your holiday experience on Trip Advisor, following your recent stay at our resort.

Sincerely, your review is fantastic, and I thank you for being our ambassador. Your satisfaction of the entire resort experience is the greatest reward of the team.

I thank you also for recognizing the effort put forward by the team, especially those whose name you have mentioned. I will not miss to congratulate them for having taken great care of you considering that it was your first experience in Mauritius.

It was a pleasure to host you and the team joins me to thank you again for your high recommendations.

First time is not the last; we look forward to welcome you on a next trip to Mauritius.

Reviewed 8 July 2014

We have just returned from a fabulous 7 night stay in Belle Mare Plage. It really is such a beautiful place, the moment we were greeted by the lovely Karuna and the ever-smiling Makesh (who presented us with a delicious juice each) on arrival we felt all our stresses drifting away.

We had a great room, Junior Suite with a really big balcony, walk-in-closet, separate toilet, bath, separate shower with 2 shower heads, twin sinks, hair dryer and lots of toiletries. The bed was firm and really comfortable. Turn down service at night time was a lovely touch with flower petals and 'towel animals' greeting us most evenings when we got in from dinner.

We lunched at the Indigo restaurant most days, they do a great Club Sandwich! Thanks to Boodhoo for looking after us exceptionally well.

I had 2 treatments with Tania in the U Spa and both were excellent, the treatment rooms are very tranquil.

We spent the sunny days on the beach and the cloudy days playing golf and tennis - all extremely enjoyable.

The whole complex is so well laid out, despite it's size everything is close by and there's no shortage of helpful staff (especially Kailash) to give you a lift in a golf buggy if you don't feel like walking.

The staff are so kind and professional at Belle Mare Plage, they seem to take a genuine interest in their work and are proud to be part of the team. This translates through to an excellent service for guests.

The only small criticism I would have is the price of some of the spa treatments and drinks are high.

I'd highly recommend Belle Mare Plage as a destination - it's a little haven and offers all the services one needs to completely relax and leave the stresses of real life behind. We look forward to returning!

Room Tip: Junior Suites starting with 4 and 5 are right on the beach, other rooms are a little further back bu...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

The team joins me to express our heartfelt thanks for coming back home every year and so for the twelfth time.

It is a delight to read that you have brought b to read that you have brought back home so many memories and that you have enjoyed all the facilities and interaction with the staff throughout your stay.

Indeed the staffs are the hotel’s best asset and I agree with you that they take a genuine interest in what they do and PEOPLE are really their daily focus. As part of the Mauritian heritage, the love for people is inborn and which is to the benefit of our guests.

I have also noted your comments about the price of the spa treatment and the drinks. I invite you to contact us on your next visit, and we will guide you through options which you will enjoy.

Thank you for acknowledging the team’s effort and also for your high recommendations.

We all can’t wait to welcome you back home.

Reviewed 7 July 2014

This was our 2nd holiday at this resort, we stayed for 3 1/2 weeks this time and found it to be lacking compared to last time which was in 2008. The house-keeping was not as thorough and on 4 occasions we came in from playing golf between 3 and 4pm and our suite was not cleaned and then rather than be able to sit and relax we had to chase them up and then sit outside while they at last cleaned. It was regulary later than 2 pm. The food in the buffet restaurant was also no where near as good and very repetitive.We had some small things stolen out of our room which we did report but didnt pursue as they were of very little value but it made us very aware of not leaving anything of value lying around while we were not in.
In saying those negatives we still had a great holiday, enjoyed the golf very much but found it extremely expensive having to pay quite high prices for a neccessary buggy, compulsary on the links and needed on the legends in the heat.
The staff at the courses were great, always ready to help and always had your clubs ready and loaded onto the buggy before we got there. The competition they organsed, and the drinks and food at a local restaurant was great fun.
The entertinment was better than before, more regular and there seemed to be much more of a holiday atmosphere because of it,
We heard a lot of complaints going around, all basically the same as ours, and although we enjoyed ourselves we wont be returning a 3rd time. Its a very expensive hotel but standards have slipped a LOT, i think they are relying on the reputation of the golf package but i wonder how long that will carry them now that they are charging high prices for the buggies.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank 969carolynb
BelleMarePlage, General Manager at Constance Belle Mare Plage, responded to this reviewResponded 10 July 2014

Dear Guest(s),

First of all, I would like to thank you for staying at our resort for a second time after six years and also for taking the time to review our property.

Your comments have been read with great concern and I would like to apologize if your experience this time was not to your expectations. Though you would have preferred to express better sentiments about this stay, I am glad that among other things, you had a great holiday and that the golf staff went out of their way to make you feel at home.

Thank you for your appreciation of the entertainment ambiance which has also enhanced your holidays.

I understand that my housekeeping team overlooked your preferences for early cleaning of your room. Please rest assured that my Executive Housekeeper has already taken the necessary measures.

With regard to the missing items, regrettably this issue was not brought to our attention and I am sincerely embarrassed that this happened while you were staying at our resort. Definitely I do not tolerate such kind of behaviour in my hotel.

As we say, ‘imperfection provides incentive for improvement’. I must thank you for highlighting what you would have preferred to be otherwise and for sure we have acted upon the points that you have mentioned.

You may also want to know that our Chef and his passionate team have for our guests’ gustatory pleasure enhanced the main buffet offer (which has already a wide variety of items) with ‘Theme Evenings’ 5 times a week (Asian, Pasta, Mauritian, Mediterranean and Fisherman). I wish you were still there to enjoy.

I know that the golf presents a great advance for our resident guests especially when they do not have to pay extra charge for the green fee. Likewise, as in many other golf clubs around the world, any equipment is on hire. However, to alleviate our guests’ worries, we encourage them to book the ‘All inclusive’ that among other things also include free golf buggies.

I thank you once again for your comments and invite you to inquire through your travel agent about our offers for the future and I sincerely look forward to welcome you again should your plans permit.

Reviewed 6 July 2014

We visited BMP for the second time and stayed for 4 amazing weeks. The staff are so friendly and professional, the hotel is beautiful. Food is amazing, there is so much choice and all to a la carte standard. The staff make your stay so personal and pay extra attention to the smallest detail. We wouldn't go anywhere else in the world. We would like to thank the following staff and apologise if we have missed anyone out, you are all amazing. We would highly recommend this hotel
Thank you to Mr Puchtler, Guito, Mevin, Olivier, Karuna, Kailash, Campbell, Mariette, Darmen, Samuel, Ashok, Wesley, Satish, Sweetie, Rajesh, Fabrice,Gaetan, thank you all so much see you next year. The King and Queen

Room Tip: Any room is amazing
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
BelleMarePlage, General Manager at Constance Belle Mare Plage, responded to this reviewResponded 28 July 2014

Dear Guests,

The entire team especially those whose name you have mentioned join me to thank you for your loyalty and for taking the time to share again this Constance Belle Mare Plage experience to the world.

Your review is fantastic and words are not enough to thank you for your appreciation and for highly recommending our property.

I trust, together with the team to have the pleasure to welcome you again soon.

Reviewed 5 July 2014

We recently spent nine days at Belle Mare Plage; I was the only non-golfer in a group of 18. It was a good stay. I'm rather diffident about resorts and often dislike them. Belle Mare provided a pleasant experience, however. I found that this destination provided good, spacious and comfortable rooms (we had a junior suite) and plenty of activities for beach and sea aficionados; I'm not really into these things but greatly enjoyed touring different parts of Mauritius with the group and by myself when the others were playing golf - the resort boasts two courses. With its half board option, Belle Mare was generally good value. The food was acceptable and offered different types of cuisine, but the resort charges ludicrous prices for wine (the equivalent of 100 Australian dollars for a mediocre bottle of South African wine); stick with the reasonably priced local beer or bring some drinks with you and have them in your room before dining. A word of caution for families with young children: there are numerous unfenced water features as well as the swimming pools. The resort staff were excellent.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Peter M

Dear Guest,

Thank you for making us the honor of spending a few days at our resort.

It was indeed a pleasure to have hosted you as well as the group at the Constance Belle Mare Plage and I am proud that the entire resort experience meant something to you.

Thank you also for your comments about the safety of kids, and it is important for families to be aware that this hotel is amongst other things also a family hotel and which definitely caters for children’s safety, well-being and as well as having activities organized by our Constance Kids Club associates.

Thank you for your appreciation of the staff effort. I trust to have the pleasure to welcome you some time back at Constance Belle Mare Plage.

Reviewed 3 July 2014

We loved this resort. On arrival we were told that we were upgraded to a villa. We had our own private pool and butler. The staff members are very friendly, food absolutely delicious and beautifully presented. We loved every moment.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest(S),

Thank you for staying at Constance Belle Mare Plage.

It is indeed a great pleasure to read that you have enjoyed your holidays and more so all the facilities, services and the staff attention.

Thank you also for your excellent rating.

I look forward to welcome you soon.

Kind regards

Hilton Mauritius Resort & Spa
Hilton Mauritius Resort & Spa
#6 of 18 in Flic En Flac
Four Seasons Resort Mauritius at Anahita

Been to Constance Belle Mare Plage? Share your experiences!