“Luxurious resort in paradise.”

Constance Belle Mare Plage
Ranked #2 of 13 Hotels in Belle Mare
Aurora, Ontario, Canada
“Luxurious resort in paradise.”
Reviewed 29 July 2014

My wife and I have just finished a wonderful week at the Constance Belle Mare Plage Resort on the east coast of Mauritius. This truly is paradise in every sense of the word. Upon arrival, we were welcomed and shown to our beautiful room. The food was great and service was first class. We were extremely content to eat from the different buffets each night, but you had the option to order "a la Carte" if you wished. The Mauritian hospitality is truly amazing and the staff made you feel special every time you passed. By the end of the week, most staff even got to know you by your last name, welcoming us with "Good Evening Mr. Morris."

The cleaning staff and room service were top notch, as well as all of the waiters who served us throughout the week. We never had to wait for anything and the customer service was off the charts.

My wife and I are golfers so we golfed almost every day between the two championship golf courses that are part of the Constance Belle Mare. We golfed twice at the Legends course and three times at the Links course. The hotel has shuttles which will take you to either course leaving every half hour. The staff at the golf course would also transfer your bags between golf courses each day so you never had to worry about your clubs. Both were magnificent courses with amazing staff at each location. The Legends course is host to the year end championship for the European Senior Golf Tour. Tough track but truly breathtaking.

If you are not a golfer, there are many opportunities to visit the different parts of the island. One thing I would like to add is that the resort seemed extremely kid friendly. We saw lots of families, some 3 generation families and everyone from all ages seemed to be enjoying themselves.

If we were to return to Mauritius (20 hour flight from Canada), we would definitely return to the Belle Mare Plage Resort. It was truly spectacular.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Coach_Morris
BelleMarePlage, General Manager at Constance Belle Mare Plage, responded to this review, 30 July 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for all your powerful words to describe your experience at the Constance Belle Mare Plage.

It is amazing to read that you have enjoyed your holidays and that you have brought back home wonderful memories worth sharing to other travelers.

Your satisfaction is truly our greatest reward and we all would love to welcome you back for yet further experiences.

Thank you also for your excellent rating and for highly recommending our resort.

Warm regards

Gert Puchtler

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (577)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Lucknow, India
Reviewed 29 July 2014

Belle Mare Plage offersall the facilities and activities you expect in a holiday . We stayed in the villa where Mr. Jay Mangal our villa master took care of all our needs . five star plus amenities.If you come to Mauritius go to Belle Mare Plage

Room Tip: choose a prestige room in front of pool or a villa with pvt pool with hot water
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of Constance Belle mare Plage following your stay.

I am very glad to read that you have made the best of all the facilities, services and activities of the resort and also that my team member Jay took great care of your needs.

Thank you for your appreciation and high recommendations.

I trust to have the pleasure of welcoming you back soon.

Kind regards

UK
Reviewed 28 July 2014

Wow!! Just got back from another fab holiday at the Constance - 3 generations staying in villa 6 - excellent location, staff, hotel and experience - special thanks to our excellent Villa Master Koylash - we were made to feel very welcome and comfortable. Also special mention to Rajen and masterchef Sohan Singh - your hospitality and attention to detail were very much appreciated!

Thank you everyone - we hope to come back for our third visit!!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
BelleMarePlage, General Manager at Constance Belle Mare Plage, responded to this review, 29 July 2014
Dear Guest,

I would like to express my heartfelt thanks to you and your family for putting our resort on the top of your list once again whilst you decided to come to Mauritius.

I am very delighted to read that you have had a fabulous holiday at the resort together with the family and that Rajen, Koylash and Sohan have made you feel at home.

Thank you for taking the time to share this experience on Trip advisor and also for your excellent rating.

The team and I are looking forward to welcome you back for the third time.

Baarle-Hertog, Belgium
Reviewed 28 July 2014

Just back home. It was fantastic. The best place to be.
Stayed in Villa 8 with the very good services from Atma and Sharma.
They make you feel like its home! Thanks again!!!
At morning, wake up and open the doors, enjoy the view. Paradise!
Love the beach at the villa.
Good Restaurants, especcially La Spiaggia. But also enjoy a very special and romantic private BBQ at the villa. Let Sharma and Atma take care of you! The best you can get!

We love the Island. Friendly and pure.

Take some time to visit the Legend golf course, also as a non player. Beautiful view, lots of deers and a good restaurant. Take the grilled lobster! ;-)

Watersports on the beach and a lovely miniclub.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
BelleMarePlage, General Manager at Constance Belle Mare Plage, responded to this review, 31 July 2014
Dear Guest,

It has been a pleasure for my team and I to be part of your holidays and I thank you to highlighting the effort put forward by Atma and Sharma.

They are indeed very passionate about what they do and I am very glad that they have had the opportunity to serve you and your family. It is a delight to read also how many memories you can bring back home after this Constance Belle Mare Plage experience.

Thank you for your excellent rating and for highly recommending our resort.

I look forward to welcome you back soon.

UK
Reviewed 27 July 2014

I travelled to the resort with family celebrating my 10th wedding anniversay and my dads 60th birthday. The resort is beautifully set out and the junior suites are spacious and comfortable, however would recommend better lighting and possibly adding doors to the bathrooms.
The buffet was nice and catered for all tastes, in particular Sohan Singh was always on hand to look after us and cooked additional dishes on the indian food night at the deer hunter restaurant for my cousin who has a nut allergy. He also catered for our last night by cooking us a delicious chicken curry, so a special thanks to him.

Room Tip: Block 7 is on the doorstep for the SPA, which was ideal.
2 Thank OtherUk
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your Constance Belle Mare Plage Experience on tripadvisor.

I am delighted to read that your anniversary and the birthday of your father have been celebrated in a dream environment and that you have also enjoyed the resort facilities.

Thank you for your appreciation of the team's effort and especially that of Sohan whose passion is to translate his art into memorable experience.

Thank you once again for staying at our resort. I look forward to welcome you back soon.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 July 2014

I travelled with my parents to Mauritius for the first time for my mother's birthday and was greatly pleased by the famous Mauritian hospitality. We arrived late evening after a 24hr journey and were greeted warmly and given a quick tour. We dined in La Citronelle and were pleased with the variety of food and quality of service. Special mention goes to chef Sohan Singh who was very sweet and accommodating. The waiting staff were incredibly pleasant (especially Babita) and efficient and provided excellent tips about the island. We also dined in the beautiful surroundings of The Deer Hunter and were thoroughly delighted by the excellent service and attention we received there. The chef, manager and waiter were nicer than the nicest and I cannot say enough to praise them - thank you so much for a truely memorable experience!

We spent a lot of time on the beach and participated in the free as well as purchased water activities which were very convenient. I visited the gym and attended a fun class with an instructor whose name evades me, but he was very nice indeed! The separate steam, sauna, jacuzzi and plunge pool facilities were a lovely touch away from the exposed pool as the surroundings were peaceful and filled the time nicely when it was too busy to be on the beach or dark.

The room itself was a seaview junior suite, with garden and outdoor seating. Modern furnishings, tastefully decorated and in keeping with a beachside property. Usual toiletries, robes, etc provided. Lovely touches with the Apple box connected to flat screen and free wifi. Beds and pillows not too comfortable but I think this is individual preference so is not a complaint.

I spent a very long time in deciding where to stay in Mauritius and based my choice on Tripadvisor reviews, therefore I had high expectations and was very excited about the trip. I think this may have led to a very small amount of disappointment as I had read about others' experiences before our stay and expected the same but by no means is an overt criticism. Little things like turn down service add to the experience but not being in touch with local tipping etiquette we left our housekeeping tips at the end rather than the customary daily tips, so I wonder whether this is why we did not have the cute towel shapes and flower petals on the beds as other guests have mentioned. It appears the majority of guests were simply offered complimentary upgrades to beachfront suites and even villas at check in, we in fact were only offered this when we asked and that for an additional nightly rate. Of course one gets what they pay for but I wonder why the selectivity on who is offered this.

The last point which I considered not posting due feeling a little uncomfortable but since this is my first review I am trying to be thorough and unbiased. We did notice that one staff member in particular spent considerable time and effort greeting, speaking with and passing plesantries with guests at breakfast time over the course of a few days. We noticed he would frequent other guests' tables but miss ours out or not acknowledge any of us when we walked past or stood nearby. Initially I thought I misunderstood this but my parents who never take note of such things separately mentioned the same to me and it was the only time we felt not welcome in an otherwise exceptionally hospitable resort. I have my speculations as to why this may have been the case but will hold reservation in stating them.

Tips for hotel:
Teaspoons should be provided at the table for the little potted desserts to be eaten. It became tedious requesting each time and also cutlery should be changed between servings without having to ask.
Since Nespresso machines are provided in the room anyway, capsules should be complimentary as is always a good sign in a 5 star hotel
Slippers and robes could be changed every 2/3 days
Cooked complimentary breakfast should be provided for early check-in. If there are the means to provide it for a charge there should be the means to provide it as part of the meal package paid for :)

Room Tip: Junior suite is nice, groundfloor is good with garden, but based on preference higher up has balcony...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank PDelight
Dear Guest,

It is amazing to read how much memories you have brought back home from this Constance Belle Mare Plage holiday experience.

Thank you for taking the time to write on Trip advisor and I would like to congratulate you for your first attempt which was a master stroke. Words are not enough to thank you for your appreciation of the resort facilities, as well as the service provided by the team. I am glad that they have put you at the center of their activities.

I have also read your other comments with great attention and sincerely thank you for bringing those to our attention. Somehow as you mention things happen. Though we would have appreciated to please you whilst you are still at the resort, yet we appreciate your comments which certainly will help us to serve you and other guests better in the future.

Definitely all your comments, observations and suggestions have been shared with all my department heads and they have taken the commitment to make a different approach in pleasing our guests.

I would like to also thank you for your very good rating and I look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you again on a next visit to Constance Belle Mare Plage.

Hamburg
Reviewed 21 July 2014

We stayed 2 weeks at the phantastic Constance Belle Mare Plage Hotel and it was one of the best holiday experiences ever. We are over 50 and we have seen and experienced a lot. Our holiday dream came true at this hotel on the beautiful island of Mauritius. Not only is the location as good as it gets, the staff in all, really mean ALL fields is great, most helpful and always patient and friendly. The restaurants and the offers there are superb. The Constance Belle Mare Plage complies with the highest standards. We will definitely return.

Room Tip: We enjoyed our stay in a beachfront suite; beautiful location, just steps away from the beautiful wh...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Claudia N
Dear Guest,

It has been a great pleasure to have hosted you in our little corner of paradise. Thank you for having taken the time to share your Constance Belle Mare Plage experience on Tripadvisor.

I am particularly delighted that your dream has come true and that you have made the most out of it.

Your appreciation of the service of the staff goes straight to our heart . It is indeed a pleasure to work and be in their company.

I look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you very soon for yet further memories.

Kind regards

#6 of 18 in Flic En Flac
LUX* Belle Mare
LUX* Belle Mare
#1 of 13 in Belle Mare

Been to Constance Belle Mare Plage? Share your experiences!