“Beautiful place, excellent accommodation”
Review of Solana Beach

Solana Beach
Ranked #7 of 13 Hotels in Belle Mare
Reviewed 31 July 2014

We honeymooned here. It was beautiful - the rooms are right on the beach, the restaurant and pool area were fantastic and the staff were so welcoming. I would love to go back! The hotel offers free snorkeling, glass bottom boat rides, kayaking and pedal boats.

Room Tip: Choose a ground floor room away for easy access to the beach, preferably away from the restaurant ar...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
12  Thank Louise G
Customer Servic... P, Guest Relations Manager at Solana Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2014

Dear Louise G,

Thank you for choosing Solana Beach for your honeymoon and, for your review on Trip Advisor following your recent stay with us.

I very much appreciate your valuable comments and I am delighted to know that our staff met your expectations.

Your candid comments have been forwarded to our team members who will certainly be motivated to keep up the good work.

We look forward to having you again with us soon.

With kind regards,

Reviewed 28 July 2014 via mobile

My family and I have stayed at Solana last weekend for my aunt's birthday.. despite the slight miss-communication with the management with regards to the room accommodation ( we requested for rooms on the ground floor but we all got rooms on the first floor), we spent an amazing time there! There is a wide variety of food and the staffs are very helpful! They even offered my aunt a birthday cake as a complementary gift- she was wonderfully surprised! It's a great hotel to spend some time with the family! I'm definitely going back! :) :) :)

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
12  Thank Venida V
Customer Servic... P, Guest Relations Manager at Solana Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 31 July 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review our resort on Trip Advisor following your recent stay at Solana beach. We are delighted to read that that you had an amazing time with us.

Your appreciation has been forwarded to our team members who are glad to hear that we have exceeded your aunt’s expectations on this special occasion.

However I would like to apologize in regards to your comment about the miss-communication regarding your room accommodation.

Thank you again for having given us the opportunity to be of service to you and we sincerely look forward to your next stay with us soon.

Sincerely yours

Reviewed 16 July 2014

My husband and I have just got back from a week's holiday, relaxed and rejuvenated thanks to the fantastic management and staff of this truly wonderful hotel. From the moment we arrived to the minute we left nothing was too much for the team here, always asking if there was anything we needed, greeting us by name and with a friendly smile. There service cannot be faulted in any area at all. Food was varied and tasty, loved the setting of the bar and evening entertainment. Beach and pool area great (comfortable loungers and chairs). We've stayed in some well known five star hotels on the island and haven't received service like we had here! All the rooms face the sea and we were fortunate enough to have a suite (beautiful), but we did check the standard and deluxe rooms and i'd say they are a very spacious compared to other hotels in that room category. Lots of things to do on the beach (glass bottom boat, snorkeling, canoe, sail boats etc etc) and a friendly team there as well. It would be extremely unfair of me to single out any staff member in particular because every one of them made us feel like VIP's. Highly recommended for couples as well as families as they also have a kids club. Without doubt, top class service and top class hotel - we will definitely be back.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
17  Thank Janettej
Customer Servic... P, Guest Relations Manager at Solana Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2014

Dear Madam,

We would like to thank you for taking the time to post your review on Trip Advisor following your recent stay at Solana Beach.
We are pleased to read that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay and that the service provided by our dedicated team has been to your expectations.

Your candid comments have been passed on to all our team members who will be glad to know that we have provided you an excellent and memorable experience.

We look forward welcoming at Solana Beach in a near future.

Reviewed 9 July 2014

Been at Solana Beach for my son Cory 1st Birthday and we all had a very good moment. The staff was helpful and friendly and they did make our stay wonderful. The room was spacious enough for two adults and 1 infant. The food variety at the restaurant and the night animation was good. I would recommend this hotel to couples and families and we are planning our next break at this hotel again.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
14  Thank Lamisongch

Dear Sir,

Thank you for your feedback following your recent stay at Solana Beach. We very much appreciate your valuable comments and are delighted to know that our staff met your expectations.

We look forward to welcome you again at Solana Beach to enjoy even more our hospitality.

Reviewed 4 July 2014

I stayed at Solana Beach recently with some friends and the service from start to finish was amazing. The staff were so helpful and friendly and the rooms were amazing.
We stayed in a deluxe room and they are well worth the extra cost as the rooms are huge and the bathroom was extremely spacious.

I would recommend this hotel to couples and families and I'm planning on returning next year with my own family.

Room Tip: Always go for the seaview deluxe rooms well worth it.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
14  Thank Jane G
Customer Servic... P, Guest Relations Manager at Solana Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 10 July 2014

Thank you for your lovely review posted on Trip Advisor following your recent stay at Solana Beach.

We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and that we made you and your friends feel comfortable and enjoyed our facilities and service.

I am very delighted to read your recommendation which can be helpful to other travelers.

My team and I are looking forward to welcoming you at Solana Beach again soon.

Reviewed 4 July 2014 via mobile

I have recently arrived back from a wonderful stay at the Solana Mauritius . The rooms are beautiful worth the money to upgrade to the deluxe room or even the junior suite very spacious rooms beautifully decorated . Friendly service the staff are all so happy and can not do enough for you. Nice long beach with plenty todo or you can just relax which is what I did ! Can not wait to book my holiday next year we will be going back !

Stayed: July 2014
12  Thank alknyc

Thank you for taking the time to post your feedback on Trip Advisor following your recent stay at Solana Beach.

We are most delighted to learn that you have thoroughly enjoyed your stay with us. We will make sure to share your comments to all Solana team and we look forward to welcoming you back at Solana Beach for another experience in the near future!

Reviewed 3 July 2014

We had such a great first impression of Solana - from the first minute the service was amazing. We stayed in one of the junior suites and we loved the open plan layout of the room, and because it only opened in May, everything is pristine. We really liked the whole pool / bar area which is a lovely open area - very sociable atmosphere. Something else which was great was the food. I am a vegan but I told the chef and he prepared very nice for for me every day.
I was initially a tiny bit disappointed with the beach directly outside the room, as it does have a lot of coral and stones under water, but just a minute or two down the beach is smooth and sandy so this was no issue at all.
Also highly recommend the Maldivian massage in the spa.
Definitely better than the average 4 star resort.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
11  Thank Stephen Y

Thank you for taking the time to review our property and provide your feedback on Solana Beach.

We are grateful for your appreciation towards our effort and, as our goal is to provide the perfect holiday to our guests, I am sure that our team will be thrilled and glad to know that we have provided you an excellent experience and that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay with us.

Looking forward to having you stay with us again soon.

Kind regards

#2 of 13 in Belle Mare
LUX* Belle Mare
LUX* Belle Mare
#1 of 13 in Belle Mare

Been to Solana Beach? Share your experiences!