“definatly not 4 star”

Pearle Beach Resort & Spa
Ranked #8 of 18 Hotels in Flic En Flac
Reviewed 23 April 2014

This hotel was sold to us as a 4 star its not that. On arrival there was no rooms for us even though we booked it 1 year ago, so had to spend the night in another hotel, at the end of the holiday 2 other couples said they also had no rooms on the first night. The food was pretty average, it was a buffet every night, the resturant never run on time so your food got cold while they were finishing cooking the rest, there we never enough tables for anyone.Internet cost a fortune and you couldnt get it most of the time and certaintly not in the rooms, tv had 1 english channel which was bbc news. If you want a sun lounger by the pool make sure you put a towel on the chair by 7am. We had to check out by 11am and was told by our rep that lunch and drinks would be free until our taxi pick at 2pm, but when we asked for colddrinks and tea we were told we would have to pay for them, we could only have lunch and 1 drink for free, even though we paid had already lost 1 day we paid for.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank sue s

Reviewed 13 April 2014

Hotel management appears to be very poor.
The rooms are very ordinary. TV is from the 80's with maybe 2 channels that can be watched if they get reception. Internet access costs a ridiculous amount per day, or by the hour if you go with that option. On top of it, wifi rarely worked in the room, it at all it ever worked.
I read many reviews of good or excellent quality food, but quite honestly I thought it was pretty ordinary fare and quality was was average. On display, it looks good and a decent spread, but the quality was pretty average.
There were folks in my family who needed assistance, but the front desk staff didn't really seemed to care. At the end of stay, I requested for a late check out by 2:00 PM...I kept back tracking to 1:00, 12:00 to no avail, and so got fed up and checked out at 11:00 and called my taxi booking to request them come earlier. There was no one who touched our room by the time we left (include room service for cleaning and preparing for next guest). They were of course willing to let me stay for some ridiculous amount for another couple of hours until 2.
I requested to speak to manager, but was kept being given excuses, even though some of the staff did try. In the end, very very reluctantly, they give his email address, which appeared very generic.
Hence, I start by saying management is very poor. Staff does their best, but they appear to be bound to following directions and rules and looks like they have also got used to it. An example is the staff secretly encouraging me order more drinks and he will take care of 'adjusting'
my bills and taking care of me! probably thinking of me as touristy types.
Location is right on the beach and fantastic, but that is pretty much about the only highlight and few of the friendly and smiling women staff members in the restaurant and room service.
Unless you need a place just to crash and shower (for which this is way too expensive), or just lounge around on the beach and pool (for which you need to stay at the hotel), I would recommend it a skip unless you get some awesome deal at around 100 usd or less.

Room Tip: If you are a first time traveller to Mauritius, recommend staying at a property near Grand Baie.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank SumantVashisth
Reviewed 9 April 2014

It was my honeymoon trip on the month of Feb,2014. The place is very very good. Hotel stuffs were very helpful and friendly (specially Krishna). We got our welcome drink and fruit basket upon arrival.The food quality was really good.Sunset view from beach or Pool side was awesome.Definitely recommend this hotel to my friends.

Room Tip: Rooms on 2nd floor is best.we were in 315.Try to avoid ground floor rooms and the rooms near bar.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank A D
Reviewed 7 April 2014 via mobile

Just returned home having spent a wonderful week at pearle beach resort.Fantastic hotel in a stunning location, warm friendly staff for whom nothing is too much trouble. Can't recommend highly enough. Hotel sits right on a stunning beach, the seaview rooms giving a brilliant view of the Indian ocean.
Superb.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Aron H
Reviewed 27 March 2014

I have just returned from spending 3 weeks at Pearl Beach and had a wonderful time. The Manager Sanjay and his team went out of their way to take care of me. I went out for a drink at a Sports bar in Flic En Flac a couple of times with a few of the waiters and bar staff the staff all became friends by the time I was leaving. Nothing was too much trouble, if I wasn't too keen on the buffet meal they would cook me whatever I wanted. They made such a fuss of me on my last day all coming to find me and wish me a safe journey. I hope to go back again this year if I can get a reasonably priced flight.

Room Tip: No chance, I want my room back as it was the best.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
4  Thank DFRUK
Reviewed 25 March 2014

This hotel ranks itself among the top 5 hotels I choose to do business every single year. You will not regret your choice: Ideal for conferences, family stay, for honeymoons and a genuine place to relax oneself. You will simply be charmed by its sandy beaches and you will long to swim in its blue lagoon.

Its staff? They are professionally trained. Always with a welcoming smile to make the holidays of their guests, very helpful and tactful. They are at your disposal anytime.

Hygiene? I am myself a very fussy person. But I must admit here, they are beyond my expectations where hygiene is concerned. Everything and everywhere is just so perfectly cleaned-the room and bed. I was amazed.

Food? I love eating...and trust my words, this hotel offers excellent catering services be it for breaky, lunch or dinner. What I love the most is the variety of desserts they offer- for all tastes. Indian sweets are my favorites- the Rasgullas. And waitresses and waiters are just at your service shall you need anything in course of your meal. The omelette I had on a day was awesome. Trust me, the catering service will leave you spell bound. You even get music entertainment as you are having your dinner to just make it a memorable night with your loved ones.

Entertainment: I loved the sega night they organised one night during my stay. My family and I had great fun. Mauritian style....simply WOW!!!!!

I have really enjoyed every single stay of mine at this hotel. And they will continue to have me as guest for as long as they are going to exist in the paradise island:)

Keep rocking Pearle Beach with the brilliant work.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank TinaGopaul
Reviewed 19 March 2014

Me and my girlfriend now my wife picked this hotel for the location and for our wedding, we could not have picked a better choice, the staff are very nice and could not do enough for us, we have family in mauritius but both of us said we will stay at this hotel when we come back. The manager sorted everything out for our special day and did such a perfect job. The hotel is a nice size unlike some of the other hotel that can be too big and not as friendly / personal. I would highly reconmend staying here if you plan on coming to Mauritius for a holiday or your wedding, it would be the perfect choice and the staff will do everything they can do for you, we never walk past a member of staff without them smiling and saying hello is everything ok for you. This hotel is suitable for all, family, couples, friends or solo. 5 star top place.

Room Tip: Any, all rooms have a sea view from ground to top floor and A/C
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family