I have recently returned from a wonderful stay at this Hotel with my wife, on arrival we were given a nice cooling drink and cold towel to refresh us.
At checkin we were upgraded to a two bedroom suite which had lovely views to sea, there were some tasty cakes and a gift for my wife and myself, which was nice touch.
The room was great with tasteful furnishings and comfortable beds, with a nice balcony with table and seating.
Hotel facilities were great with all non motorised waters ports free of charge, we were on a full board plus deal, with breakfast and dinner buffets and Ala carte at beach restaurant al meals were very good, however at the end of our 9 night stay we were buffeted out.
This trip wast to celebrate our 25th Anniversary, on the third night we were served Champagne and cake in our room.
When it was time to depart at 5.30PM we were given the news that due to a local carnival being held the traffic was so bad that the Taxi would not arrive for two hours as the hotel was situated at the end of a road with the entrance/exit blocked by the carnival, with the result that we would miss our flight flight.
The hotel staff said that they would take us to a sister hotel along the coast where we could walk along the beach circumventing the traffic blocked road to pick up another taxi.
This we did although the journey could not have been accomplished without the aid of one member of staff from the Hilton and another from their sister hotel who helped with carrying luggage, not just along the beach but along sometimes large rocks and through a wooded area we arrived dishevelled but with enough time to get the taxi to the airport and catch our flight on time.
All staff that we encountered at the Hilton from senior management to waiters and maids were great, friendly ,courteous and professional with the two guys who helped us along the beach , being worthy of extra special praise.
Well done the Hilton and thank you for everything
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Relax at Hilton Mauritius Resort & Spa, renowned for its Mauritian hospitality, and enjoy a picturesque oceanfront location with unrestricted sunset views. Our location makes it easy to explore the island and its surroundings. We offer a complimentary dolphin trip, water activities and eight spa cabins. Our three restaurants and three bars serve a diverse array of culinary influences, exotic flavors and locally sourced ingredients. The hotel's gorgeous outdoor meeting space has everything you need for an inspired event. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Holiday Gems, LoveHolidays, Expedia, Agoda, Odigeo, Travel Republic (UK), Southall Travel, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Hilton Mauritius Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Mauritius Resort And Spa
- Hilton Mauritius Hotel Flic En Flac
- Hilton International Wolmar
- Hilton Wolmar
- Wolmar Hilton
- Hilton Mauritius Resort & Spa Flic En Flac