Our stay at the Hilton Mauritius was beyond expectation. We stayed for 7 nights and we were around for Easter weekend. The friendly staff and the beauty of the hotel made our honeymoon so special. The hotel was a 45 minute drive from the airport. We spent most of our stay in the hotel as it has so much to offer in terms of free water sports, beautiful seaside and overall scenery around the hotel.
We were on half board so every day we had breakfast and lunch at the Pomme d'Amour restaurant. Every morning we enjoyed the amazing breakfast. We have nothing negative to say about the breakfast as we thoroughly enjoyed it every single day. For lunch we tried the aqua bar which serves snacks like sandwiches, pizzas and salads. The food at aqua was average and overpriced, but most days we were satisfied from our breakfast so we would skip lunch until dinner. Dinner buffets were a hit and miss. Some nights the food was so-so and some it was good, but we never stayed hungry as they offer a big selection and it was impossible not to find at least one thing to like.
The room was very nice. Not big but definitely not small. The decoration was lovely and the bed was very comfy. The bathroom was nice, with a shower and bath. The TV had few channels most of them in french but there were 2-3 english speaking channels that showed nice movies at nighttime. My husband also appreciated the fact that they showed international football matches on TV.
I read many bad reviews about the rooms regarding bathrooms and A/Cs not working but we didn't have any problem whatsoever, but then again we are not very picky.
We preferred to swim at the infinity pool most days as the main pool was always more busy and we didn't really like the floor of the pool. The infinity pool as always quiet and clean. The sea is not really for swimming in my opinion, as it has a net just couple of meters in stopping you from swimming as boats keep passing. There are sharp corals in the sand and inside the sea so one has to be careful.
The water sports added for free was a very nice touch. We went for the dolphin watch ride which I absolutely recommend, the glass bottom which was a bit boring for us, and we hired a pedalo which was very nice and fun.
We visited the spa and enjoyed a one hour couple's massage. The spa is really nice, the massage was very relaxing and the couple's area is really nice and exclusive allowing for the couple to be alone and enjoy the jacuzzi.
We noticed that most people were couples, therefore I don't think I would suggest this for families as much as for couples as it's a very calm and quiet place.
Every day at 7 the touch lighting ceremony was very nice and the music playing and the staff lighting up the torches around the resort.
We enjoyed the entertainment by the pool few nights and some nights were better than others.
The only negative things we have to say about this resort are firstly the internet access. We knew there was no free internet in the room but still this is a negative to me as the rates are quite high and cheaper hotels we've stayed at before offered free internet in room. The internet around the hotel was on and off in general, not really fast and kept cutting off. I think the internet could be improved.
Second negative was how expensive the water was. It is understandable to have high prices in the mini bar and food in general to be overprices but especially the water price I think could be a bit lower.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Relax at Hilton Mauritius Resort & Spa, renowned for its Mauritian hospitality, and enjoy a picturesque oceanfront location with unrestricted sunset views. Our location makes it easy to explore the island and its surroundings. We offer a complimentary dolphin trip, water activities and eight spa cabins. Our three restaurants and three bars serve a diverse array of culinary influences, exotic flavors and locally sourced ingredients. The hotel's gorgeous outdoor meeting space has everything you need for an inspired event. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Holiday Gems, Agoda, Southall Travel, Booking.com, Odigeo, LoveHolidays, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, Cancelon, getaroom.com, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hilton Mauritius Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Mauritius Resort And Spa
- Hilton Mauritius Hotel Flic En Flac
- Hilton International Wolmar
- Hilton Wolmar
- Wolmar Hilton
- Hilton Mauritius Resort & Spa Flic En Flac