This resort was absolute paradise. I stayed here for 10 days with my husband.
Rooms - We had a standard room on the second floor with a balcony. It was on the farthest side of the resort which I liked because it was quieter. The balcony had a nice view of the pool and I enjoyed sitting out every morning as a way to start the day. The room was clean, spacious, and functional. It wasn't overly big, but plenty of space for 2 people to say. The bathroom was a good size too.
Staff - All of the staff was wonderful. Our house keeping staff introduced themselves to us the first day and took care of all of our needs (ironing board, extra items, etc). The waiters and waitresses in all of the restaurants were very attentive and pleasant. We learned there is a staff tip account at the end of the trip that is split on an annual basis and made sure to put money towards the staff as a thank you to the great service we received.
Grounds - Can't be beat and is my favorite part of the stay. The hotel is laid out with a handful of rooms in one building and many buildings like these are laid out throughout the resort (I think there are 200 rooms total or more) with grass, trees, and the pool between the rooms. I liked that the hotel was laid out like this, rather than a large building because made for a much more intimate atmosphere. There are nice walking paths between buildings and along the beach. My room located at the end of the resort was a 5 minute walk to the pool and the beach and to the lobby and breakfast buffet so I did not feel secluded. The grounds are so clean. The grass was nicely cut, trees trimmed, etc. You could tell there is a lot of staff in place to keep everything looking so nice. The lightning at night was also nice. The pool, trees, walking paths were all illuminated which led to a very nice atmosphere if you chose to go out at night.
Pools - Loved that this resort had 2 pools. The main pool was around the breakfast buffet and the restaurant Tides, so it was naturally more busy. The main pool offered a nice view to look at while eating at either location. My favorite spot on the resort was the 2nd pool, called the quiet pool. It was a huge pool with an infinity lip that looked like it was going straight into the ocean. The view alone got me to spend at least a few hours a day each day. And the location was quiet like it said. There were plenty of chairs and umbrellas to sit.
Beach - The beach was beautiful. The water was crystal clear and warm. Plenty of chairs to claim on the beach. The only thing worth noting was there are some areas that have coral in the water so it was best to avoid those areas since the coral was sharp against bare feet. It was also nice the hotel included non motorized water sports as a benefit to those staying at the hotel. I used the paddle boats which was fun.
Restaurants - There were 3 total restaurants on the resort. I ate at all and thought the food was spectacular. It was nice that you could also eat at the sister resort, La Pirogue which also had 3 restaurants so that increased the number of options to eat. The food options were different each night so I did not get bored eating at the resort. I had no desire to go off the resort because the food was really good.
Sister resort - It was nice to be able to walk around the grounds of the sister resort next to Sugar Beach, La Pirogue. This made the resort grounds double in size. La Pirogue's grounds were beautiful as well and offered additional beach area too if you felt inclined to move locations.
Overall I highly recommend Sugar Beach Resort. I had a wonderful stay and thought the amenities at the resort were well worth the price I paid per night to stay there.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- At the heart of 12 acres of tropical gardens, the luxurious Sugar Beach Resort extends along a vast white sandy beach bordered by the sparkling turquoise waters of the Indian Ocean. An idyllic setting surrounded by lush greenery and open spaces, this cool Mauritian Resort displays a colonial style blended with contemporary architecture. The restaurants, beachfront and inventive gourmet kitchens complete this romantic setting which is ideal for a honeymoon or a dream wedding in tropical paradise. Sugar Beach also offers a unique concept with the Aura Spa & Hammam Fitness Centre, unique in Mauritius. The unrivalled comfort, well planned layout and diversity of land and water activities make this resort a perfect holiday destination for families and honeymooners alike. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, LoveHolidays, Holiday Gems, Booking.com, Sunspot Tours, Southall Travel, Travelbag, Ctrip TA, Hotels.com, Agoda, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Sugar Beach Mauritius reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sugar Beach Hotel Flic En Flac
- Hotel Sugar Beach
- Sugar Beach Resort Mauritius
- Sugar Beach Mauritius Flic En Flac