Not sure where to start, really..
The only negative point we could find was: outdoor pool not heated.. Clearly only an issue if you travel (like us) during Mauritian winter and feel that 22°C water temperature is slightly on the cold side.
Now the positives:
Didn't prevent us from making use of the pool, although much preferred the shallow sea (slightly warmer) and the beautiful beach.
The accommodation was great, good size room, very clean and even though we left a lot of mess (mostly due to our 3yo) lovingly restored to perfect tidiness by Ginette (special thanks!) and the rest of the team on a daily basis.
We stayed in a superior room on the ground floor near the quiet pool (720, separate bath tub and walk-in shower highly recommended), which was great, as it was in close proximity to the kids club and a short walk away from the main pool, restaurant and reception area.
The short walk was perfect, especially after dinner!
Food was very fresh and well prepared, we used the main restaurant ("Mon Plaisir") for breakfast and most dinner buffets and the whole experience really lived up to its name: it was our pleasure! The service was incredibly accommodating and Sarah had a table prepared for the three of us every night! (Thanks again, Sarah!)
In general, staff at the hotel could not have been any more helpful and always had a smile on their face, nothing more we could ask for.
Our little one also went to the kids club quite a few times (and usually had dinner there before accompanying us to the main restaurant, which made it a lot easier for us).
The Gym equipment was slightly dated, but everything was clean and in good working order, good enough for the occasional morning session.
Overall a great experience!
If you do want to see more of the island than just this beautiful resort, would highly recommend renting a car (which you can do straight at the airport, which might turn out cheaper than pre-booking it from the UK) and driving around. If you are travelling with kids make sure you stop at the Crocodile & Giant Tortoises Park (they will love it!) in the South (but possibly give the aquarium in the North a miss). Also worth a visit are Casela Nature and Leisure Park (which is about a 15min drive from the hotel), Black River Gorges National Park with its stunning scenery and waterfalls and Maison Eureka.
Already planning / dreaming about our next stay and Sugar Beach will definitely be on top of our list of locations to stay!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- At the heart of 12 acres of tropical gardens, the luxurious Sugar Beach Resort extends along a vast white sandy beach bordered by the sparkling turquoise waters of the Indian Ocean. An idyllic setting surrounded by lush greenery and open spaces, this cool Mauritian Resort displays a colonial style blended with contemporary architecture. The restaurants, beachfront and inventive gourmet kitchens complete this romantic setting which is ideal for a honeymoon or a dream wedding in tropical paradise. Sugar Beach also offers a unique concept with the Aura Spa & Hammam Fitness Centre, unique in Mauritius. The unrivalled comfort, well planned layout and diversity of land and water activities make this resort a perfect holiday destination for families and honeymooners alike. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Southall Travel, Destinology, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Holiday Gems, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Sugar Beach Golf & Spa Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sugar Beach Hotel Flic En Flac
- Sugar Beach Mauritius
- Hotel Sugar Beach
- Sugar Beach Resort Mauritius
- Sugar Beach Golf & Spa Resort Mauritius/Flic En Flac