We stayed at Sugar Beach for 8 days with our 2 boys (12 & !5) in July. We had a mix up with room booking but that was rectified the next day. We ended up with 2 rooms near the the quiet pool which were fabulous. A big thank you to Ginette who cleaned our rooms daily, she was fabulous!
We were on half board and enjoyed our dinners at the buffet restaurant, though we found the drinks to be rather expensive. Different themed buffets every night which was great. Thanks also to Jean Yan who helped us most nights with food selection for our younger son who has many food allergies, nothing was too much trouble for Jean Yan.
The swimming pools were quite cool but the beach was lovely and warm, remember to wear water shoes as there is a lot of coral in the water.
The grounds are immaculate, there are many activities and my boys enjoyed canoeing and paddle boarding. If you want to go on the glass bottom boat book it a few days prior as we missed out as we left it too late to book. My boys joined in with the teen club in the last 2 days and had a great time, just wished they had joined in earlier.
We also took a Taxi for touring around the island. Get a price list from reception so you know what you are going to be paying. Our driver waited whilst we shopped and went sightseeing and that was included in the price.
WiFi was free in certain areas of the resort or you could pay for WiFi in your room,
Overall a really relaxing holiday in a stunning resort.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- At the heart of 12 acres of tropical gardens, the luxurious Sugar Beach Resort extends along a vast white sandy beach bordered by the sparkling turquoise waters of the Indian Ocean. An idyllic setting surrounded by lush greenery and open spaces, this cool Mauritian Resort displays a colonial style blended with contemporary architecture. The restaurants, beachfront and inventive gourmet kitchens complete this romantic setting which is ideal for a honeymoon or a dream wedding in tropical paradise. Sugar Beach also offers a unique concept with the Aura Spa & Hammam Fitness Centre, unique in Mauritius. The unrivalled comfort, well planned layout and diversity of land and water activities make this resort a perfect holiday destination for families and honeymooners alike. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Holiday Gems, Booking.com, Southall Travel, Hotels.com, Expedia, Sunspot Tours, Agoda, Ctrip TA, Prestigia, HotelsClick, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L. and getaroom.com so you can book your Sugar Beach Golf & Spa Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sugar Beach Hotel Flic En Flac
- Sugar Beach Mauritius
- Hotel Sugar Beach
- Sugar Beach Resort Mauritius
- Sugar Beach Golf & Spa Resort Mauritius/Flic En Flac