Hello, I will be as honest as I can be. My fiancee and I called this hotel the 22 April 2014 around 5:00pm local time. We have not stayed at this hotel but we were looking forward to plan our wedding there as the reviews seemed excellent however this was far, VERY FAR from the case...
What happened next baffled us completely and by the end we were very much annoyed..
When we called reception and told them we wanted to plan a wedding with them, we were forwarded to (what i believe) was either the Banquet/Event Coordinator and that was when we were treated as fools. When we talked about possible wedding ideas or plans (in the local creole language) out of nowhere, the woman at the end of the phone told us sarcastically that we could speak in english as (i quote) "Ou kapav koze anglais si ou ler EIN, Mauricien konne koze anglais" which was beside the point, i am allowed to speak whatever language i wanted. When we told her we were Mauritians, she continuously asked us whether we had the passport even though we did confirm it several times. When we also asked for a possible price quota and to contact us on our email, she even decided that she had to correct us insisting that 'quota' is not the correct word to be used and said "En francais on dit devise, pas quota" (she also giggled) the sarcasm hit the spot and touched my nerve, i was very annoyed by then.
The point is my fiancee and I both work in Hospitality and we both know better when talking on the phone, there is no need to correct customers or even be sarcastic. If this is how you deal with customers, I am afraid your staff have a lot of basic behavioral training to do...
The reception staff was actually very nice but when we were forwarded to the other lady it went downhill, someone would have thought we were disturbing her.
Oh did i mention we are still waiting on an email (from our conversation) from her? But i think that would be unnecessary now...
It was very disheartening that we received such service as this hotel was actually our first choice, but nonetheless i am happy this happened over the phone and not when planning/during the wedding.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover the delights of Mauritius at this luxury hotel, which spreads over 9 hectares of tropical garden on the west coast of the island. Most of our rooms and suites have been fully renovated in a modern Asian decor using natural materials. Rooms are equipped with broadband Internet access and the Sofitel MyBed for ultimate comfort. Pamper yourself at our Asian style spa, enjoy a day at the golden beach, or savour gourmet cuisine in our restaurant and we will make sure you relax in style! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, ACCOR, Prestigia, Holiday Gems and Southall Travel so you can book your Sofitel Mauritius L'Imperial Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sofitel Mauritius l`Imperial Resort And Spa
- Sofitel Mauritius l`Imperial Hotel Flic En Flac
- Sofitel Imperial Hotel
- Accor Imperial Hotel
- Sofitel Flic En Flac
- Wolmar Sofitel
- Sofitel Imperial Mauritius
- Sofitel Mauritius L'Imperial Resort & Spa Flic En Flac