The hotel is beautiful. Our room was big and nicely decorated. We enjoyed the breakfast buffet and the variety it offered, fresh fruits, pastries, pancakes, omeletes, fresh bread and coffee anything you can think of. We enjoyed mostly dinners. There was so much to choose from and everynight was a different theme. Our favorite was the Mauritian night, with all the local delicacies, lots of curry dishes and fresh flat bread, straight out of the oven. Another favorite night the "Seafood night" fresh fish and never have I eating so many sea urchins at once! I was in heaven.
We also tried all the water activities that are all free, like the glass bottom boat tour, paddling boats and boards. They had windsurfing board also but didn´t try that.
The absolute best trip we took was to the island of Benitez on a private tour ( about 200eur) with the boat "Sunny3". It was wonderful and highly recommend it. We started at 8am, we saw families of dolphins swimming in the ocean, then we went snorkeling in a beautiful reef and last to the natural Island of Benitez where we had a grilled lunch including Lobster. We had wine, rum and soft drinks. All this included on the price. You get to see Mauritius from the ocean and it was gorgeous! We got back around 3pm
We were on half board, so big breakfasts, big dinners and we got something light ( like a pizza or salad ) delivered to the beach from the bar everyday!
The staff was also very friendly and making sure we were ok and enjoying. " Everything ok madam?" We felt really pampered the whole time.
Anybody that complains are just being extremely "picky". We had a great stay, the kids enjoyed it a lot, and we parents got to relax, sipping on Pina Coladas on the beach with a great book.
You´ll never have to fight over beach chairs. There are plenty.
We will be back.
We´d like to say " hello!" to the lovely guy that brought our food to the beach everyday, always with a smile.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover the delights of Mauritius at this luxury hotel, which spreads over 9 hectares of tropical garden on the west coast of the island. Most of our rooms and suites have been fully renovated in a modern Asian decor using natural materials. Rooms are equipped with broadband Internet access and the Sofitel MyBed for ultimate comfort. Pamper yourself at our Asian style spa, enjoy a day at the golden beach, or savour gourmet cuisine in our restaurant and we will make sure you relax in style! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Agoda, ACCOR, Hotels.com, Southall Travel, Ebookers, Ctrip TA, Priceline, Holiday Gems, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, HRS, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Sofitel Mauritius L'Imperial Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sofitel Mauritius l`Imperial Resort And Spa
- Sofitel Mauritius l`Imperial Hotel Flic En Flac
- Sofitel Imperial Hotel
- Accor Imperial Hotel
- Sofitel Flic En Flac
- Wolmar Sofitel
- Sofitel Imperial Mauritius
- Sofitel Mauritius L'Imperial Resort & Spa Flic En Flac