You should definitely visit this amazing place. You will feel yourself cherished, relaxed, and disconnected from entire universe. You will be surrounded by beautiful flowers, nice and warm breeze, magnificent ocean and ….birds' songs:) The hotel is relatively small and consists of about 60 villas, very private guest villas which are well isolated from each other (each villa has s pretty little terrace, a little private pool and it is surrounded by lots of greens and flowers …). There is a pretty long distance between the villas, and you are never being disturbed by music, neigboours or any other external noise. At the same time you feel safe as there are security staff patrolling the hotel's territory.
We went there in september 2013 for 1 week . The arrival and reception was very personalized, and in general, the attitude to all guests in this hotel is very individual (they greet you by your name, they know the number of your villa, your preferences etc). You are introduced to all Managers and key service people, and they are always ready to address all your needs…All 24 hours. The service in excellent.
Villas are elegantly decorated in oriental and creole style, and very spacious. There is a Nespresso machine and good selection of tea and coffee in the villa.
The selection of food for breakfast (main restaurant - Coast2Coast is excellent, and You can always order your breakfast to be served in the villa at no additional price. The dinner also can be ordered in the villa, and you pay only 15% for the service (we liked the food in the Coast restaurant, and had dinner always there).
The hotel has a library, you can borrow books (there are lots in different languages) and DVDs.
The beech is very beautiful, clean and it looks wild and native… A superb view at sunset.
AS for leisures, it is possible to practice kayaking, pedal, and water skying. The hotel staff is trained to assist and coach you doing all these (no additional pay).
There is gym, and a tennis court at the hotel premises.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Uniquely on the island, our luxury five-star resort features the discreet opulence of private villas for all our guests. Inspired by its Indian heritage, the Maradiva experience which includes an award winning Holistic spa, haute cuisine, and a private pool in the grounds of every villa, is defined by understated elegance and impeccable service. In a lush 27-acre setting with the turquoise waters of Tamarin Bay lapping our white sandy beach, the 65 villas at Maradiva are at the heart of a vibrant paradise, ideally situated for world-class golf, coral diving, big game fishing, and the island's beautiful national parks. At Maradiva, all our guests stay in the intimate harmony of their own private air- conditioned villas, with a butler available 24 hours a day. Our 49 luxury villas, 8 beach front villas, 6 exclusive villas and 2 Presidential villas each have their own private terrace, garden and infinity-edge pool, with the turquoise waters of the Indian Ocean right on the doorstep. For families or small groups, we also offer interconnecting villas. Guests looking for the ultimate peaceful hideaway can enjoy fine dining and many spa services in the privacy of their own villa. You can come to us, or we'll come to you. You choose. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Holiday Gems, TravelUp, Odigeo, Travelbag, Agoda and Southall Travel so you can book your Maradiva Villas Resort and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Maradiva Villas Hotel Flic En Flac
- Maradiva Hotel Flic En Flac
- Taj Exotica Mauritius
- Maradiva Villas Resort And Spa Mauritius/Flic En Flac