We spent 16 nights in December in an exclusive Villa right on the beach. We were in heaven. Very relaxing holiday.
Here are some of the good points:-
Villas - unique idea on the island. Very luxurious, private and spacious. Fully equipped with TVs in both lounge and bedroom, Bose ipod connector for both lounge and patio. Individual wifi system that connects the Mauritius telephone company to each villa independently, so although slow compared to European speeds, you dont get peaks and troughs in your download speed. Furniture very comfortable and a really soft four poster bed. Luxurious bathroom with separate toilet and bidet. Outside shower against a screening wall surrounded by flowers and trees. Tea and Coffee making facilities replenished daily and delicious fruit delivered around lunctime. Room-making service is exceptional.
2 Restaurants offering - Japanese, asian and european - all the chefs were very gifted. Particularly good fish (Sachrechien and Daurade). I have never tasted Terriyaki beef softer than this. Desserts are an absolute dream. Dinner on the beach under a tent is highly recommended.
Gardens - these are kept to a high standard and very well stocked with many palm trees and bougainvillae surrounding a fountain in front of the main Reception. Delightful to walk along the main path to dinner every night under the stars.
Beach - very clean and any debris from the sea is removed every morning. Loungers are well spaced and noone encroachs upon the other, unlike other cramped hotel beaches which you will pass if you walk up to Flic en Flac on the beach.
Spa - Very interesting Ayurveda doctor (Aadarsh) who offers some wonderful treatments. Sauna and Jacuzzi and hot pool are a dream to relax in after breakfast.
Staff - the most friendly and helpful personnel we have ever encountered in the dozen or so hotels we have stayed at on the island. They cannot do enough for you. Highly approachable Management (Iain and Kamal) who were extremely friendly and always available. A cut above the rest. We could mention 30 staff by name but it is meaningless as all 240 should be listed. There are some very special ones though - Rishi and Swaraj.
Reception is run by the marvellous Priya and her staff. There are 2 shops selling reasonably priced watches, clothes and sundries - their mosquito spray is highly recommended (!). Hotel does not take huge commission for exchanging Foreign currency, unlike others.
Here are some of the bad points:-
To be honest, no hotel is abolutely perfect but for us, the MV comes close to it.
We finally found our ideal hotel and we highly recommend for couples without very young children who,of course, are catered for but are rarely seen here.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Uniquely on the island, our luxury five-star resort features the discreet opulence of private villas for all our guests. Inspired by its Indian heritage, the Maradiva experience which includes an award winning Holistic spa, haute cuisine, and a private pool in the grounds of every villa, is defined by understated elegance and impeccable service. In a lush 27-acre setting with the turquoise waters of Tamarin Bay lapping our white sandy beach, the 65 villas at Maradiva are at the heart of a vibrant paradise, ideally situated for world-class golf, coral diving, big game fishing, and the island's beautiful national parks. At Maradiva, all our guests stay in the intimate harmony of their own private air- conditioned villas, with a butler available 24 hours a day. Our 49 luxury villas, 8 beach front villas, 6 exclusive villas and 2 Presidential villas each have their own private terrace, garden and infinity-edge pool, with the turquoise waters of the Indian Ocean right on the doorstep. For families or small groups, we also offer interconnecting villas. Guests looking for the ultimate peaceful hideaway can enjoy fine dining and many spa services in the privacy of their own villa. You can come to us, or we'll come to you. You choose. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Holiday Gems, Travel Republic (UK), Southall Travel, Expedia, Booking.com, Agoda, Hotels.com, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Maradiva Villas Resort and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Maradiva Villas Hotel Flic En Flac
- Maradiva Hotel Flic En Flac
- Taj Exotica Mauritius
- Maradiva Villas Resort And Spa Mauritius/Flic En Flac