In need of urgent revamping, the accommodation was very poor, there was no drawers for cloths and very limited hanging space. It was very dated.
They were the only hotel we have encountered that charge for Wi-Fi, £5.00 for 1/2 hour, it caused an uproar among the guests, you could walk 5mins to the shops and get it for free.
The staff were very friendly and embarrassed by some the charges that the owners have imposed.
The location was good with a small pool leading onto a small beach, the beach furniture and pool furniture was very shoddy and three of the 6 sun beds were broken.
The food was also quite drab and the breakfast was always amusing, to find a chef to cook an egg then coordinate with toast and other warm dishes was impossible. the toaster never worked.
The worse thing was sitting have dinner an a large rat ran through the dinning room, the waiter assured me this was quite common!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Gold Beach Resort, in Mauritius, is located in the Western coastal village of Flic en Flac along a beautiful white sandy beach.The Hotel’s concept is to offer to guests the best holidays in a relaxing & enchanting environment with a selection of water sports activities and entertainment. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Southall Travel, Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, 5viajes2012 S.L., Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick and Cancelon so you can book your Gold Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gold Beach Hotel Flic En Flac
- Gold Beach Resort Mauritius/Flic En Flac
- Hotel Gold Beach