Our taxi driver on the way back to the airport summarised it well when he asked us if we enjoyed our stay and we responded with a polite "no not really" his response was... "everyone knows you should not stay at Le Recif". (If only we had know that before...)
My husband booked a week long all inclusive package at the Recif Attitude for our honeymoon. Having been to Mauritius before, I was looking forward to a week of water sports, lovely meals and being pampered, our experience was however not at all what we expected.
Our room was not clean and the toilet and shower doors were broken and our shower drain was blocked. After several complaints the toilet door was fixed, but the shower door and blocked drain was never fixed. There were stray dogs and cats living on the premises (there was a stray cat next to my plate of food on the table in the dining room one morning when I got back from fetching coffee during breakfast) and one night on my way to our room I saw a rat run accross our patio.
We were on the all inclusive package but our mini bar were often not refilled and neither was the tea and coffee sachets in our room. When we phoned reception requesting a refill of the coffee supplies in our room (which at that stage had not been refilled for 2 consecutive days), we were told that there is no room service in this hotel and that we are only allowed one sachet of coffee per day. Dirty glasses and cups were never removed from the room, on some days the cleaner did wash these in our basin and then put them in the cupboard.
The food was of very poor quality and for most of the meals the only options available were curries which was nice to try for 1 or 2 meals, but definitely not for every meal. Fresh fruit and veg was not really available even though it was mango season and you could see mangoes falling from the trees all over the place. There is no room service and if you miss a meal (like we did the first morning when we slept in a bit), you have to wait until the restaurant opens for the next meal time before you can get any food.
I tried twice to exchange our beach towels for clean ones and were told both times that they did not have any and that I should try again the next day.
The hotel is set on a beach with coral reefs, but unfortunately a cyclone passed close to the island the day before we arrived and due to that the watersports were closed until the Thursday afternoon (this was not communicated to us, we went down to the boat house on many occassions just to find that there is no one and when I phoned reception to enquire about it, they said, try again tomorrow). The swimming area is very rocky and was quite dangerous until the Thursday/ Friday.
Comparing this hotel with the other Mauritius hotels I have stayed in, or with the mediteranean cruise we did last year, it was just such a dissapointment.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated in the north west of Mauritius, Recif Attitude is a must if you want to go back to essentials, to recharge your batteries, to spend time together as a family or as a couple, to spend time with friends...Nestled in a white sandy creek overlooking a beautiful natural marine preserve, this "Adult Only" hotel is an invitation to farniente. Guests can spend hours chatting, sipping an exotic cocktail bare feet in the sand or in one of the cosy sitting corners... At sunset, the ideal spot to watch that enormous orange sun entering the sea slowly...Dressed in white and wood, Recif Attitude is a mix of comfort, vibrant Mauritian soul and boutique hotel spirit. The 70 room hotel with its cubical architecture, modern furniture and refined design, is decorated with taste. Warm welcome, caring and discreet staff, together with unique body care and facials of the Spa Attitude, without forgetting the seafood restaurant, contribute to the subtle luxury of this 3 star sup. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Holiday Gems, Booking.com, Ebookers, Expedia, Hotels.com, Southall Travel, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Recif Attitude reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Le Recif Hotel Pointe Aux Piments
- Le Recif Pointe Aux Piments
- Recif Attitude Mauritius/Pointe Aux Piments