The pics on their site look better than the room does but it's not false advertising as the room does look like the pics - the pics just look a bit better (if that makes sense). The hotel is nice - not too big so it feels homely. Management is always present and around to greet and welcome guests.
We had the beachfront suite (not deluxe). This room is directly in front if the swimming pool that overlooks the beach. I liked the location of this room as we could literally walk out of our room into the pool and it was close to the dining / WiFi area. The beach here is quite rocky so bring swimming shoes/socks. The hotel does sell them but I think it'll be cheaper if you bring your own.
Breakfast is similar every day but not exactly the same so it's a nice to not have the usual stuff all the time. I really enjoyed the dinners (we stayed on a half board basis) and wanted to try the other restaurant (upstairs) as well but the food in the restaurant was different every night so we didn't want to miss anything and ended up not trying the other restaurant. Breakfast is the usual cereal, eggs (however you want it), sometimes mushrooms, sometimes beans - the pancakes/crepes are really good. I had these every morning. Dinner ranged from grilled fish, various curries, pastas - basically everything..and each night there's a fair selection.
The room is fairly basic with the bed, aircon, a TV (only French channels), separate toilet, freestanding shower (i.e not in a lockable room) and a basin. Clothes can be hung in a closet that closes with a curtain. The room was clean and perfect for us because we didn't stay in the room much - only at night.
The location isn't great. It's quite far from Grand Baie and any lively areas so we spent a lot of time travelling to and fro to get to places. The taxis are generally more expensive than the buses - but we didn't feel like waiting on long bus rides so we mostly took taxis.
There's a spa on site and a beach bungalow where you can get snorkel gear and other watersports equipment.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated in the north west of Mauritius, Recif Attitude is a must if you want to go back to essentials, to recharge your batteries, to spend time together as a family or as a couple, to spend time with friends...Nestled in a white sandy creek overlooking a beautiful natural marine preserve, this "Adult Only" hotel is an invitation to Farniente. Guests can spend hours chatting, sipping an exotic cocktail bare feet in the sand or in one of the cosy sitting corners... At sunset, the ideal spot to watch that enormous orange sun entering the sea slowly...Dressed in white and wood, Recif Attitude is a mix of comfort, vibrant Mauritian soul and boutique hotel spirit. The 70 room hotel with its cubical architecture, modern furniture and refined design, is decorated with taste. Warm welcome, caring and discreet staff, together with unique body care and facials of the Spa Attitude, without forgetting the seafood restaurant, contribute to the subtle luxury of this 3 star sup. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Holiday Gems, Hotels.com, Southall Travel, Expedia, Booking.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Recif Attitude reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Le Recif Hotel Pointe Aux Piments
- Le Recif Pointe Aux Piments
- Recif Attitude Mauritius/Pointe Aux Piments