We arrived at the Oberoi in September having spent a few days in the south of the island at Chamarel. On arrival we were met by the staff with cool towels and drinks splendid after the drive north. We were introduced to GM Marc and were then whisked off to our room for check in.
As my husband is disabled the hotel offered to transport us around in their buggy to dinner as the restaurant was quite a long walk. This was total customer service at its best.
The following day I was advised that we would be changing rooms as the staff had noticed the difficulties my husband had with walking and they moved us to a stunning room with a view over the Indian Ocean close to all amenities. This meant that he was able to have a stroll to breakfast. The whole holiday was so relaxing and the service was outstanding. We did not have to order breakfast as they knew what we wanted and when to bring it!
The gardens here are really eye catching much better than a trip to the Botanic Gardens and we did the weekly walk( or push in my case as the hotel offrered a wheelchair) around the gardens. There were a lot of things to be done at the Oberoi that were all complimentary we did the walk, the glass bottom boat trip and the wine tasting but there were also lots of other activities to be had.
The food here was very good and on about the 10th night I really needed something just plain! So the chef made me a really nice pasta salmon dish. Nothing was too much trouble for the staff in the dining room and everyone stopped to chat. It is amazing that from day 1 they all know your name.
I had noted from Trip Advisor before I went that a number of people made a comment about expense but you only get what you pay for and to us coming somewhere like the Oberoi Mauritius is a treat and what a good way to spend our sons inheritance!!
Thank you once again to all the staff at the Oberoi for your care and attention was gratefully received
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Holiday Gems, Travelbag, Expedia, TravelUp, Southall Travel, Agoda, Prestigia, Hotels.com, HotelsClick, Cancelon, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Oberoi, Mauritius reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Oberoi Mauritius Hotel Pointe Aux Piments
- Oberoi Hotel Mauritius
- Oberoi Mauritius
- Oberoi Pointe Aux Piments
- Pointe Aux Piments Oberoi
- The Oberoi, Mauritius Pointe Aux Piments