“Pure Paradise”

The Oberoi, Mauritius
Reviewed 5 April 2014

My husband and I came here on our honeymoon in November 2013. I had been in contact with Nelly beforehand, I was planning a surprise dinner on the Seaplane Jetty for my new husband. When we arrived, we were greeted with mojitos and had our bags taken straight to our room. From then on, whatever we asked for, we got. The staff are the friendliest and most accommodating I've come across. The room was amazing, we had a private swimming pool with ours, it was a paradise within paradise, an option you should definitely go for if you can. It also had a private dining area outside, when we had dinner out there, they set up the table with candles and rose petals. The main swimming pool comes with jaccuzzi beds which were one of my favourite parts of this hotel. They also have some good evening activities, one of which was stargazing, which was AMAZING, seeing as I'm a big nerd. The telescope used gave us some clear views of nearby stars and planets. I cannot speak highly enough of this hotel. This was the best holiday I'd ever had.

Room Tip: Treat yourself to the rooms with a private swimming pool.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank charlene b

Reviewed 2 April 2014

If you see my last review on oberoi Bali you would gather I am stingy with praise. But Oberoi Mauritius richly deserves praise. I went through a gamut of events during our stay and they stood out in each of them.
I arrived with a latent infection which became patent on day 1 of my arrival. They arranged the hotel doctor at short notice, sent concerned messages and flowers and the staff kept enquiring about how I was feeling. That human touch was wonderful. ( only suggestion don't charge the guest for calls to the doctor...never benefit from someone's misery!)
My wife and I celebrated our anniversary and boy did they do a good job! They arranged a customized dinner with wonderful ambience, decorations in our room. Made the evening extra special. I must particularly compliment Karan and the F&B staff. Karan is a great asset for the hotel, he enquired genuinely about our dietary needs (veg) and customized food for our anniversary dinner but also for other meals.
At the end of the day a hotel chain like the oberois will always have luxury, infrastructure but what differentiates the great from the good are the people who work there.
At the oberoi Mauritius I truly think they have an excellent team and a must visit property.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank Bharath S
Reviewed 30 March 2014

My wife and I recently spent 8 days at the Oberoi on Mauritius and we had a lovely time. The setting is absolutely lovely, with a lovely stretch of beach and great swimming, the staff are charming and very helpful and the accommodation is great.

During our stay, we had most of our meals in the main restaurant, which provided a lovely mix of international and Mauritian cooking, all done to a high standard. We were able to take advantage of the spa on a couple of occasions and this was a relaxing and peaceful experience - much to be recommended if the opportunity presents itself.

Marc Denton and his team do an absolutely fantastic job and really seem to want to ensure that each guest has a greg time. A genuine haven of peace and tranquility on a lovely island. We would wholeheartedly recommend to anyone thinking of going to Mauritius.

Room Tip: All of the villa suites have views across the bay area, so there isn't a lot to choose. Very ef...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank AlanNewForest
Reviewed 19 March 2014

In April of 2013 my wife and i spent 10 days here for our honeymoon. We spent hours reading reviews looking at others opinions- what a waste of time! Peoples opinions are their opinions, this is a place where you will have to make your own opinions and memories- memories of which we will always cherish and never forget.
On arrival we were greeted by the manager of the resort Mr Marc Denton and a few members of the team. They greeted us with their warmest welcomes, best views and cocktails. We knew we were in paradise.
The surroundings were phenomenal,beautifully kept gardens, cleanest oceans and staff that went above and beyond!!!
Me and my beautiful wife had the most romantic moments every second of every day, memories we will cherish forever and can not wait to return to re-live some of the great experiences we had together.
An example of the service here is this- my wife is petrified of bugs, we had a private villa with a pool, it became to much for her, I got on the phone, with in 15 minuets we had five members of staff over making it bug free, cutting down all the trees and bushes and totally exterminating the problem.
We will be returning here and have had the best holiday of our lives! thank-you to all the staff and Mr Denton for making this our dream honeymoon and for the great memory's we will cherish.
One negative I will say is, the service is so great on our return to the UK we became so offended in every restaurant, bar and hotel we have stayed in because the service at the Oberoi Mauritius is second to none!!!

Room Tip: You pay for quality, get a beach room or a private villa with a pool!!!
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank kam h
Oberoi_Mauritius, General Manager at The Oberoi, Mauritius, responded to this reviewResponded 27 March 2014

Dear Mr. Kam h,

I wish to thank you for your delightful Trip Advisor review further to your honeymoon at our resort in April 2013.

We are truly pleased to learn that the staff, the food as well as the landscape left you with so many fond memories.

While all necessary measures have been exercised to ensure a relatively insect-free environment for our guests, the seasonal and climatic changes of our tropical setting prove challenging at certain times of the year. We are glad that our team dealt efficiently with the insects problem.

Mr. Kam h, thank you again for having stayed with us and we do look forward to the privilege of welcoming you back to The Oberoi, Mauritius for one of your many anniversaries.

Marc Denton

Reviewed 17 March 2014

Everything about this resort is first class . The staff were second to none , nothing to much trouble , the room was excellent , the breakfast is superb , , the food at the restaurant was excellent , the water sports available are fabulous , we stayed three nights wish it had been longer , we will go again ,

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank greg w
Reviewed 16 March 2014

A fantastic hotel, the highlights of this place are the restaurant with its outstanding kitchen, the charming staff - from the receptionist to the General Manager - and the water sports offered. We had a great time at the hotel from arrival to departure and we looking forward to stay there again soon.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Simon K
Reviewed 13 March 2014

We have just returned from our 3rd stay within a year at this wonderful resort, What makes this stands out is not just the beautiful accommodation and surroundings but all the wonderful staff who without exception make this an absolutely delightful place to stay. Nothing is a problem and everything is tailored to individual needs. Even the Head Chef asked us if we had any special requirements to just let him know. The staff are the most friendly and attentive that I have ever met and I have stayed in a lot of 5 star resorts.
Raj met us at the AirPort and transported us to the Hotel in a quick and efficient manner in a very nice BMW. We have come to know him a little now and he has a very warm and friendly manner. He also took us on an excursion during our stay and he is very knowledgeable, he made the whole experience very interesting and enjoyable. Again it is all about tailoring to individual needs.
On our arrival we were met by Natacha and Amanda and after welcoming drinks were shown to our glorious Royal Villa, wonderful views and great accommodation.
It was my birthday during our stay and all the staff knew and extended their good wishes throughout the day, this was then concluded by an exceptional Dinner on the beach. A truelly memorable experience that my husband will find hard to follow, unless I spend all my birthdays here which is not such a bad idea!!
The food is also delicious with a choice of Restaurants providing a good range of choices. The waiters are very quick to remember your likes and dislikes and are always very helpful and ready to cater to your every need.
A visit to the Spa is an absolute must, even my husband availed himself of their treatments and was not disappointed.
We were made to feel like part of the Oberoi family which made us feel very much at home but in much better surroundings.
Marc Denton, the General Manager, has a lot to be proud of here and to be honest needs to change nothing as this place is an absolute Jewel in the Crown.

Room Tip: Royal Villa 412 has the best views
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank SUE R

Dear Mrs. Sue R,

We had equally great pleasure pleasure in welcoming you and Mr. R back at The Oberoi, Mauritius for a third time in the span of a year. We are naturally delighted that we have lived up to your expectations once again.

Thank you for recognising Chef Erik, Raj, Natacha and Amanda. They were very pleased to see their names in your review.

Mrs. Sue R, we do look forward to the privilege of welcoming you back to The Oberoi, Mauritius on your next visit to Mauritius. Mr. R will again be cross with me, as I still have no intentions of closing the gym despite that he keeps asking me to do so. It is there for a good reason!

With my best personal regards,

Marc Denton

Four Seasons Resort Mauritius at Anahita
Trou aux Biches Beachcomber Golf Resort & Spa
Royal Palm Beachcomber Luxury
Angsana Balaclava Mauritius

Been to The Oberoi, Mauritius? Share your experiences!