I will keep this review brief and to the point!
Planning your honeymoon is something you need to get right. I needed a sure and confident choice and I am pleased to say Oberoi delivered on what my wife and I expected a honeymoon to be. I planned it all without her knowing so the pressure was on to deliver, and indeed the Oberoi did.
My wife and I arrived here in June and spent 8 nights in the Luxury Villa with Garden. Although we didn't use the garden much, it gives space and total absolute privacy, we truly felt like we were entirely alone when we wanted to retreat back to the villa. I would recommend.
Food - Expensive £100+ per meal, we went out to eat at Grand Bay and Port Louis every night aside from once where we did eat at the hotel. The food was lovely nonetheless.
Location - Ideal. The perfect part of the island. North West region. Although the hotel is isolated and the journey to the closest town with some bars/restaurants will take a £20 taxi ride.
Surroundings - Unreal. Even the detail in the gardening is wonderful.
Beach - Rocky slightly so not your crisp white beaches. Although the service on the beach and the loungers are exceptional including the local scenery.
The reason for the 1 mark short of the 5 was because;
- Location; although this place gave us the privacy when required which is important, it still felt isolated from the rest of the island at least 20 minutes drive from the closest town, which was at least a £20 taxi ride. This is both a positive and a negative.
- Atmosphere; there lacked any significant atmosphere at night time; such as bar place or maybe a lively restaurant. The emphasis is very much 'slow and peaceful'. Again this is not a negative; my wife and I as a young couple maybe wished for slightly more life.
Overall. This is where you should go is you a couple. If you want a quiet, peaceful and private retreat, look no further.
To summarise. I have stayed in 5* hotels before, but no where delivers the true 5* service like the Oberoi.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Holiday Gems, TravelUp, Agoda, Southall Travel, Travelbag, Traveltool, S.L.U., Odigeo and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Oberoi, Mauritius reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Oberoi Mauritius Hotel Pointe Aux Piments
- Oberoi Hotel Mauritius
- Oberoi Mauritius
- Oberoi Pointe Aux Piments
- Pointe Aux Piments Oberoi
- The Oberoi, Mauritius Pointe Aux Piments