4 weeks ago we returned from Mauritius after 8 fantastic days at le Victoria on Serenity. Before we decided to stay at Le Victoria we read many, many reviews and now we just want to emphasize that all the positive things which have been written are true and if some negative issues have been mentioned in some reviews it turned out not to be the case for us. F.ex. the beach and the sea: it is definitely possible to swim in the sea, there are coral reefs but we found an area near the L’Horizon restaurant which was fine. We had many and long walk on the beach without shoes. The hotel and the restaurants and the surrounding is very relaxing, the staff were more than polite, always smiling, telling a lot about Mauritius and very, very service minded. Our De-Luxe room was huge with a fantastic sea view even from the bathroom. Our wedding was amazing. We had the most fantastic, romantic day – perfect organized via the hotel.
We hired a photographer via the hotel (Mr. M. Ibrahim Busawon). He was just fantastic and very professional. Due to the fact that he knows the hotel and the surrounding perfectly he made nearly 300 fantastic photos before, during and after the wedding. He is highly recommended.
There are 3 restaurants. The main restaurant ( Le Superb) where a huge breakfast buffet is served in the morning and a la carte for lunch and a changing buffet in the evening. All of this was just great, but if we should recommend a restaurant it would certainly be L’Horizon which is the fish restaurant. We have never tasted fish dishes as good as here. We went there twice and sat nearly on the beach, very, very romantic and again a perfect service. At the last restaurant (La Casa) we had our wedding dinner. It is a nice restaurant, again with a fantastic surrounding and good food, but we should have chosen L’Horizon for this special evening as we both love fish. At all restaurants the service and the waiters were totally perfect. At last there is also a bar close to the swimming pool also with a nice service. In the evening here is entertainment, but… we have seen better.
We had chosen serenity which also includes a lot of sporting facility. Due to the fact that we got 50% discount because of our wedding this was a perfect choice. But in case we should have paid 100% it would have been worth it.
Le Victoria turned out to be the perfect choice for us due to the relaxing atmosphere and the nice and perfect service from everybody there. We have stayed at 5 star hotels which were too “fine”. Here we had a 4+ hotel which we highly recommend and hope to return to.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A spacious beachside resort in Mauritius Located due west on the coast of Mauritius, Le Victoria is conveniently situated between the tourist hub of Grand Baie and Port Louis, the capital city. Facing the splendid sunsets, Le Victoria is one of the most popular family resorts in Mauritius. Renowned for its spacious sea-facing rooms, a laid-back atmosphere and a wide range of activities for both children and teenagers, the hotel encompasses a lifestyle to appeal to all ages. For your ultimate peace of mind, purchase the hotel's optional "Beachcomber All-Inclusive Package" which covers all meals and drinks as well as added-value items throughout your holiday in Mauritius. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Southall Travel, Travel Republic (UK), Agoda, Ebookers, Prestigia, Ctrip TA, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Victoria Beachcomber Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Le Victoria
- Le Victoria Mauritius
- Le Victoria Pointe Aux Piments
- Victoria Beachcomber Resort & Spa Mauritius/Pointe Aux Piments