Constance Prince Maurice
US$678
Hotels.com
Jalsa Beach Hotel and Spa(Poste Lafayette)(Great Value!)
US$230
TripAdvisor
US$700
US$471
Long Beach Mauritius(Belle Mare)
US$440
US$392
US$381
Travelocity
  • Breakfast included
LUX* Belle Mare(Belle Mare)
US$402
US$388
US$341
  • Breakfast included
No availability for your dates from our partners
1,487 results
All reviewsfloating restaurantasian restaurantwine cellarhead sommelieron stiltsmain restaurantour honeymoonrecommend ledim sumsister hotelkids clubdress codetennis coachbeachfront villathis wonderful hotelfamily suitebeach staff
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 8 January 2014

We have just returned from 5 days at the prince Maurice as the last stop on our honeymoon..firstly the positives- the hotel is really beautiful, lovely common areas, modern well appointed rooms (although beds could be bigger) and a great pool. Everything is kept very well and spotless. The food is good and there is a good choice in the three restaurants however breakfast is not wonderful. We went to see the one&only and le tousserok which are very dated compared to prince Maurice.
Now for the negatives- firstly one that is not the hotels fault- the beach is disappointing, it is very narrow and as it is a lagoon the sea is not that nice clear water typical of Mauritius. If you love the beach therefore this hotel is probably not your best bet as other hotels have better beaches. I believe however there sister hotel only ten minutes down the road has a better beach.
Secondly are main problem with this hotel was the service- breakfast every day was a disaster, no one asking if you wanted tea or coffee and when they did you had to ask twice where it was and it then took 20 mins to appear, very few staff round the pool area to assist and if ordering a drink again you would wait at least 20 mins the same applied on the beach. Dinner followed suit. The spa was the only place in the hotel where the service was great. In a hotel charging these prices the service should be at least good if not exceptional. Such a shame as it really is a lovely place.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
8  Thank jenniferDavis99
PrinceMaurice, General Manager at Constance Prince Maurice, responded to this reviewResponded 22 January 2014

Dear Madam,

Thank you for having spared your time to write a review on 'Trip Advisor'.

We were happy to have been able to welcome you for a stay beginning of January 2014.

Sadly we had to bear with the cyclonic weather conditions of the tropical depression 'Bejisa' during the whole period that you had stayed with us. I did confirm that with the prevailing weather, our beach was less beautiful and the water is not clear either. However, during sunny periods, we do have a white sandy beach and crystal clear water in the blue lagoon and though situated on the windiest coast of the island, our secluded location does allow us to benefit beautiful breeze that will make the guest enjoy spending his day at the beach. Indeed our sister hotel, Belle Mare Plage also has a beautiful spot around the east coat of the island and we do assist our guest who wish to enjoy the beach facilities over there.

I do admit that the service has not been up to our normal standards during this period. The bad climatic conditions did somehow affect the smooth operation of our F & B outlets and it becomes difficult for the team to meet up with your expectations in terms of service delivery. I wish to apologise in this regards and have identified the problem areas to avoid any re-occurrence.

Once again, I would like to thank you for having chosen Constance Le Prince Maurice as your holiday destination and I do hope you will consider our hotel for a return trip. I shall request you to contact me personally on any future booking and will be most obliged to follow-up and ensure that you do spend a memorable stay with us.

Reviewed 2 December 2013

There is no possible better hotel than constance le prince maurice. The service, staff, location, buildings, rooms, beach are excellent. We loved staying here and will certainly come back. There is always staff around to help you, give towels on the beach, help you with your choice of meal, bring the meal in the room, everything is possible.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
PrinceMaurice, General Manager at Constance Prince Maurice, responded to this reviewResponded 8 December 2013

Dear Sir / Madam,

We are thankful to you for receiving such lovely comments on this site.

I am very happy to read about your ultimate holiday experience at 'Constance Le Prince Maurice' and shall be delighted to welcome you back for another memorable stay in the future.

Indeed the staff does make your stay more special by adding a 'Princely touch' in the service and ensure that your expectations are not only met but exceeded at all times.

Meanwhile, I would like to wish you a merry x-mas and a very happy new year 2014.

Reviewed 30 November 2013

The staff at the resort are unfailingly friendly and courteous. Every surface is spotless; even the sand on the beach is combed each morning. Beatiful solid wood furnishings in the rooms. Beautiful landscaping. The only thing I'd improve is the dinner menu in the main hall. Desserts are terrific, but the flavours, while creatively composed, don't quite mesh.

• Stayed: November 2013
1  Thank Globehopper2

Dear Madam,

Thank you for writing about your holidays on this traveller's site and share your experience to other travellers.

Happy to see that you enjoyed your stay with us and we do take note of your comment regarding the food served in the main restaurant - our Chef is actually reviewing many dishes on the menu card to meet up with our guests' expectations. I am glad to see that you enjoyed the sweet dishes though.

We will be honoured to welcome you back for another stay with us in the near future.
Best wishes for Christmas and new year festive season.

Reviewed 17 November 2013

The food and dinning experience is quite unlike any resort hotel we have ever been to before. The service, the detail, the presentation and the quality was reminiscent of our very occasional visits to Raymond Blanc's Manoir Quatre Saisons. Every night was a fine dinning experience, and that is a wonderful treat on holiday.
The resort itself is beautiful and the service from all the staff top class.
The room we had ( a standard junior suite ), looked very nice but was let down by noisy and inefficient air conditioning, which blew directly on to the bed, certainly not a full 5 star experience, let alone the 6 stars
claimed for the hotel
Overall the service and the restaurant carried the day and left us thinking we had been lucky to enjoy a week at Prince Maurice

Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank wisborough1
PrinceMaurice, General Manager at Constance Prince Maurice, responded to this reviewResponded 20 November 2013

Dear Guests,

Thank you for having spared your time to share your holiday experience on this site.

I hope you had a safe flight back home after the few days spent with us at 'Constance Le Prince Maurice.'

I am happy to see that you enjoyed the dining experiences in our different restaurants.

I wish to apologize for the air-conditioning issue you faced and I shall personally look into the matter with the help of our maintenance engineer to solve this problem.

Thank you again for your valued feedback and I hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed 15 November 2013

This is the last day of our two week stay at Le Prince Maurice and I write this with more than a tinge of sadness. For whilst I am looking forward to going home and enjoying a traditional English winter (!), we will be truly sorry to have to leave this wonderful hotel.

I have read the limited number of terrible reviews that have been posted as I was amazed that anyone could find this hotel anything short of outstanding. With one exception they are very old (5+ years) and clearly a lot has changed, all for the better.

This is a 5 star hotel and so one's expectations are naturally high. We had been to Mauritius four times before and stayed at the Saint Geran, the Tousserok and the Four Seasons - all excellent hotels. But we had always wondered what the "Prince" of Mauritian hotels would be like and decided, this year, to find out. I can honestly say that it has exceeded our expectations.

I don't understand the comments about the lagoon and sea levels. This is an island surrounded by a reef - what do you expect!? If you want pounding, deep seas then this island is not for you, let alone this hotel! The beach is long and white and well manicured. There are plenty of sun beds and if, like us, you are in a beachfront junior suite, they even have your name on! The beach service is attentive and generous and complimentary water is in constant supply. The grounds are beautifully maintained by an army of gardeners; in short, you will not find a more striking or looked after hotel.

There are three restaurants. The main one, Archipel, has an A La Carte menu and I didn't run out of options in two weeks. Le Barachois which is prettily situated on stilts in the lagoon is charming and romantic. And Laguna is an Asian restaurant although the food is predominantly Japanese - perhaps the only niggle I have as I would have liked greater variety. But the underlying message is that both the food and service are first class. My wife had a fillet steak in Archipel which she says was as good as she has had anywhere in the World - high praise indeed!

We had a junior suite which was well designed and fitted out with plenty of space, a huge bathroom, and a wonderful location on the beach. There are a limited number of these and they are worth the extra. If you want to push the boat out, go for a beachfront villa. They are the equivalent of a junior suite with a separate sitting room and are massive! Numbers 30 and 31 are probably the best located.

So, in every respect, this hotel more than deserves its 5* rating. Given the historic moans I have referred to I imagine that the turnaround is down to the management team, led by Christophe Plantier, the General Manager. All good and great businesses achieve that status because they are led from the front. Christophe clearly does this and he sets the standards of service and excellence which his staff enthusiastically follow. Two things stand out. From day one, wherever we went, the staff knew our name which is a nice touch. Secondly, my wife has a bad allergy to fish and seafood and this must have been centrally noted as whatever we were given in terms of amuses bouches or canapés was careful not to include these. It is this attention to detail and desire to provide the finest service which one really notices and appreciates. All the staff are great and I can't mention them all but particular thanks to Eddy for always being there and to Jonathan for guiding me through the wine list on more than one occasion!

All in all, a fantastic hotel and a memorable holiday. Well done! We shall be back!

Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank CPman

Dear Sir,

I wish you thank you for having chosen our hotel for your 2-weeks stay in Mauritius recently.

I do hope that you did not have much trouble in adapting back to the cold temperature in UK after having been in this tropical place for the past weeks.

Thank you for speaking about the speaking about the different experiences and hence giving tips to the potential visitor and am glad to see that this led to an 'ultimate holiday experience' for both you and your wife.

Special dietary requirements are of utmost importance to us and am glad that Madam could enjoy the special food prepared with attention by our Chef and his team to ensure that they did not have any seafood and fish.

It has been our pleasure to look after you throughout your holidays and I will definitely hope to welcome you again in the near future.

Best regards,