Back in rainy UK, it seems fitting to draw on our memories of the last 3 weeks in Mauritius and share with you our experience of Le Prince Maurice (LPM). Having spent week 1 at the Royal Palm, renowned for being the best hotel on the island, we were slightly apprehensive, as we made our journey to LPM. After all, how could the next hotel possibly exceed our expectations as had been the case the previous week? But it was soon apparent, that as different as the two hotels are, we were not in the slightest bit disappointed to have arrived on the East of the Island. I don't need to spend any time describing how beautiful the hotel is, as many reviewers before me have set the scene. The hotel is smaller than some of the other resorts, but for us this is part of its charm, as it is more intimate, friendly, approachable, but still delivering all the same options and facilities as some of the larger resorts.
Every member of LPM staff we had the pleasure to meet was friendly, efficient and demonstrated a desire to make our stay with them memorable for all the right reasons. I see some comments below regarding the speed of service and yes the whole ethos of Mauritius is at a slower and more relaxed pace than many of us are used to. However, when we used the laundry service, despite being next day return it was often returned same day. When we ordered room service, it was delivered as advised within 30 minutes. When we requested the restaurant wine list in order to select wines in our room to accompany lunch/dinners it was delivered within minutes. Whenever we sat in the public areas within seconds we were approached with a friendly smile and the offer of a drink or any other requirement. We can honestly say we were given the impression nothing was too much trouble. The team strives to be professional and delivery very high standards and I am sure from our encounters that management would be very interested in your feedback and would want to act upon it immediately if you felt this wasn't the case.
I write this review with reservation, as from a purely selfish point of view and as we intend to return next year I would rather keep this little gem of a resort to ourselves, but then that wouldn't be fair and I don't see why you wouldn't have the same fantastic experience as us, it's definitely worth putting at the top of your list of places to stay in Mauritius.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience the ultimate romantic hideaway, where stunning architectural design meets relaxed luxury. Step into this high functioning deluxe paradise, and choose from one of the 64 Junior suites, 12 Family suites, 12 Villas or the sumptuous Princely Villa. Revel in the intimate and secluded setting, pamper yourself at the renowned Sisley spa and U Spa by Constance, then enjoy the exceptional international cuisine created by our chefs from around the world. Families enjoy the beach-side villas and complimentary children's club 'Constance Kids Club', while golf fans can retreat to our 2, 18-hole championship golf courses. Le Prince Maurice is part of our Ultimate Hotel Collection. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ Supplier Direct, Expedia, Ebookers, Agoda, Southall Travel, Holiday Gems, Ctrip TA, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), Priceline, Booking.com, DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, HRS and Cancelon so you can book your Constance Le Prince Maurice reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Constance Le Prince Maurice Hotel Poste De Flacq
- Le Prince Maurice Hotel
- Constance Le Prince Maurice Mauritius/Pointe De Flacq