“What a service for a supposedly a five star hotel!!”

Mazagan Beach & Golf Resort
Ranked #1 of 11 Hotels in El Jadida
Reviewed 2 August 2010

We arrived at 7pm, it took us two hours to check in! A lot of paper work and administrative checks. It was just unbelievable. Extremely slow and helpless. We've booked by phone to make sure we have two inter-connecting rooms as our two kids are 6 and 8. This has been confirmed to us by phone, but to our surprise, these were not available at the check in time. We've been promised to relocate to other rooms the next day, but it took us two more hours to do that. The system had inaccurate data showing inter-connecting rooms that aren't when we checked physically. Just embarrassing for a five star hotel...
On a separate topic, if you call for any service, make sure you keep note of the person you've spoken to. Because 95% of the times, you will be speaking to some kind of call centre and anything that get promised to you wouldn't be delivered: restaurant menus, mini bar, laundry, house keeping, restaurant reservations...
Now if you have money to spend, the casino is here for you. It seems like the only aim of this beech resort is the casino. So unless if you are addicted, pass on this one.
We decided to shorten our stay to two nights only, we couldn't relax in here, too stressful.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with family
MazaganBeachResort, General Manager at Mazagan Beach & Golf Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 29 September 2010

Dear Customer,
Thank you for your post and sorry that you didn't enjoy your stay with us.
We advertise as being a resort and the casino is part of the resort. It is up to anyone to go or not in the casino and we are aiming at getting every of our guest entertained.
We have numbers of activities (land and sea) for family, a spa and kids club for all ages to enjoy, apart from the casino.
As for the responsiveness of our staff and our call centre, all requests are centralised and orders dispatched to all services through a sophiticated software which I can say is very reliable and efficient. To date we received few remarks of missed requests. Thank you for raising that point.
Last but not least, I understand that all the paperwork to fill upon check in is not always pleasant after a long trip but it is necessary and needed.
I hope my reply is helpful and objective.
Best regards,
Frédéric Picard

Write a ReviewReviews (1,470)

Reviewed 31 July 2010

Beautiful hotel but very expensive. Limited choice of restaurants at night suitable for kids.
Lots of beach activities if you are prepared to pay for them.
Staff very pleasant though.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank Trespa
Reviewed 27 July 2010

Hi, Just back from three nights at the Mazagan Beach Resort. A beautiful resort that is stunning from the first approach along the long palm-tree lined private driveway/road. This is a resort where everything is done on a large-scale! The pool, the hotel, the lobby, the choice at breakfast, the restaurants, the kids club ... all designed with impeccable taste and to create a relaxing environment. The hotel is full of Moroccan arts and crafts which I continually admired and went shopping for in Casablanca upon return. Only an hour out of Casa it provides a welcome break from the hubbub of the city. Contrary to some other reviews the beach was very clean but it is the Atlantic so the sea has a mighty chill. We also visited El Jadida and some other towns nearby in the evening rather than staying for dinner in the hotel but lunch and breakfast were great! I would recommend and will return!

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 July 2010

Stayed at this hotel from 6/6/2010 to 11/6/2010. It is a stunning hotel but located in the middle of nowhere. It is a large hotel so if you have trouble walking it may not suit you. The beach is huge and clean but the sea is the Atlantic and it is very COLD, and also the sea is not calm and the water is not clear like it is in Dubai or the Maldives. Only very good swimmers could swim in this sea and Lifeguards were not on duty sometimes when I walked along the beach.
The rooms are well decorated and the beds are great but the balconies are way too small. My shower cubicle had a really slow moving drain and it was fixed on the 2nd attempt 3 days into my stay. The Sony Flat screen LCD TV in the room offered internet access on it but I could not get it to work and the hotel staff did not know how it worked either. The only English speaking channel I could find was CNN and BBC News. The minibar is well stocked but at nearly £4 for a can of coke it is not cheap and the price of alcohol is also very steep. I ate at the Marketplace restaurant, Olives restaurant and the Oasis snack bar by the swimming pool. The food was excellent but the prices were Sky high and I spent quite a bit of money at Oasis for food and drinks (Almost £9 for a 9" Margherita Pizza). The speed of service at Oasis was very slow and I had to chase up my orders with the staff some of whom spoke very basic english and as I only speak very basic tourist french this was a problem when I asked them to explain some of the items on the Menu. On one occaision on 8/6/10 I saw a waiter drop glasses around the pool area and the clean up of the broken glass was not as thorough as I would have expected. This also surprised me as throughout my stay I only ever got high quality plastic glasses from the Oasis pool bar. You have no option but to eat at the hotel as there are no alternatives in the local area around the hotel.

The swimming pool is not as big as it looks on the hotel website but it is beautiful & I believe heated but also not very deep so you cannot dive into it.
I took a trip into the local town of El Jadida but it was really a waste of half a day, not really anything special to see and the bazaar is crowded and dirty.
The Casino is of a good standard if that's your thing, and the Sanctuary nightclub could do with better music and a bigger area for people to sit down when they are not dancing but was more than fit for purpose.
The shops in the hotel are all more expensive than equivalent shops in the UK.
On one day during my stay it rained and the open walkways around the hotel became very slippery when there was water on the polished marble floors though the hotel did highlight these dangers.
At Night it does get cold with the cold air coming in off the Atlantic, it was actually warmer in London at Night and this was June in Morocco! Even during the day when it was cloudy one day there was a very cool breeze coming in off the Atlantic and the heated pool was brilliant.
On checking out there were some items on the bill that were not mine, and on asking the hotel to provide the receipts where I supposedly signed for these items the hotel removed these items. I paid cash for all the food and drink I ordered all week.

A positive aspect of this hotel is the level of security in the hotel, there are security guards dotted all over the hotel, especially near all the lifts and the intersection of walkways.

This is a stunning hotel made by Sol Kerzner (Owner of the Atlantis Dubai, Sun City South Africa and the one and only group of hotels) but in my opinion it is in the wrong location, the inexperienced staff let it down, it is too expensive for a Morocco hotel.

For the kind of money it would cost you to stay at the Mazagan especially when taking into account the cost of food and drink, you could easily stay at a top 5 Star Jumeirah beach hotel (such as Mina A Salam, Jumeirah Beach hotel or the Royal Meridien) or a top hotel in Malaysia or the Maldives.

For this reason it is highly unlikely that I would return back to this hotel.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled on business

Dear Doctor 71,
Thank you very much for your post and positive feedbacks on our facilities and service.
Indeed we are way different from a hotel in Dubai or Maldives: the Moroccan Atlantic coast is way "wilder" and the climate probably very different as well. It is a matter of taste, I'm sorry you didn't enjoy much the location of the Mazagan Beach Resort.
As well, your remarks on the price policy has been adressed. However, allow me to let you know that we are in line with the Moroccan market in our category of hotel and with our level of service.
Thank you again for you time and comments.
Best regards,

Reviewed 4 July 2010

We travelled to Mazagan with a family of 5, a 1 yr old baby and our 2 boys of 7 and 14.
We all had a fantastic time.
The boys had a fabulous time in the Kidz Club & Rush Club. The clubs have very professional and dedicated staff, speaking several languages. The equipment in the Clubs (MAC pc's, playstation, WII, XBox) and the toys (Playmobil, etc) are every childs' dream, but both boys were more attracted by the various activities that were organised (tennis, golf, beach games, swimming, mountainbiking,etc). As they had a wunderful time, it was much easier for us, as parents to relax and enjoy the wonderful spa and fitness activities on offer.
I can assure you that jogging on the beach in the morning, with the Atlantic Ocean next to you is something very special.
We also brought our little baby to the Baby Club, several times. What a great environment is created for the babies and what personal and loving care by the staff. You can really leave your baby in the hands of the professional babysitters.

This vacation was a dream, from the airport pick up in Cassablanca, to the check in, the room, the food quality and variety in the several restaurants and the overall service provided by the staff. The staff is eager to provide you with their hospitality service and are proud of their heritage.

The place is built like a palace from "Thousand and One Nights", with waterfountains everywhere and superb light settings. It's clean and very well maintained.
So very recommendable and if you also play golf and/or like to gamble a bit, this is THE PLACE. At the beach it's possible to drive a quad, a blokart, jetski, or surf on the ocean waves.(many more activities on offer)
Enjoy your vacation at Magazan Beach resort too.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled with family
MazaganBeachResort, General Manager at Mazagan Beach & Golf Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 16 July 2010

Dear Mazagan Beach Resort Guest,

We thank you for your comments and we are glad to hear you were satisfied with your stay at our resort in June 2010.

The resort is now in its ninth month of operation, and we are reaching the next step in term of service quality, after continued efforts from all of our employees and the management team to meet and exceed the expectations of every single guest we host.

We are using the services of an independent company to track our progress in terms of service quality, and the results corroborate the recent positive feedbacks we have had on Trip Advisor.

We look forward to welcoming you again soon at Mazagan Beach Resort.

With kind regards,

Reviewed 15 June 2010

What an amazing experience!!! In a few words: amazing staff, great food, fantastic spa!!!!

I had the opportunity to spend 3 full days at the Mazagan Beach Resort in El Jadida, Morocco. Let me tell you that, right from the start, the staff was amazing. A pick up was arranged for me at the airport and the driver was trying very hard to have a conversation with me in English and was very attentive to details (temperature of the car for example.)

I spent most of my days by the swimming pool. The staff is so attentive and always ready to help. As soon as I wanted to open my sun umbrella, they were there, when I was shifting my lounge chair towards the sun, they were there!! They are always ahead of your desires: they noticed that my towel was wet and immediately came to offer me a new one.

The buffets are incredible!!! and surprisingly there is a great value for money. The buffet at the Market Place - one of the several food outlets - has so much diversity that one is under the impression of making a trip around the world. The buffets are always refilled and very clean.

I spent one of my days at the spa and have to say that, as an addict, I was happily surprised by the quality of the service offered. The therapists are very professional. Every step of a great treatment is carefully followed. Moreover, the staff is extremely smily as well as nice. The massage was very professional once again with great pressure.

Finally, I just loved the ambiance at the night club and the casino! Once again, very professional staff and you feel safe there!!!

If you are looking to go to Morocco, definitely go to Mazagan, it is worth it!!! You will love one of the most beautiful beaches in the world and the numerous activities offered. Do not hesitate to bring your children over: I noticed that they have a lot going on for them...

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled solo
Reviewed 10 June 2010

I stayed 6 nights with my family and I must say the hotel was great!
i work hard during the year and I just wanted to let miself live.
And actually all the team in Mazagan just allowed me to do it. they took care of everything. The service was great and the most important is that the people in Mazagan speak english. I was a little bit scared because of some trip advisors I have read about but i was really surprised. Especially with my american accent, which is sometimes not very easy to understand!
The kids team took care of my child and she just wants to go back to Mazagan.
If you want to spend a bit of"farniente" in a splendid place, please try Mazagan!

Stayed: May 2010, travelled with family