We are currently staying at Mazagan bach resort. We have been here for 3 days now and have 5 days remaining. First off I'd like to say Mazagan is a lovely hotel with masses of potential. We arrived to a very efficient and friendly check in at hotel and were in our interconnecting rooms within 20 minutes. We requested more hangers and a dvd player which were delivered to our rooms promptly. So for us service is not a problem. The kids club is fantastic, our childen enjoy going there and its staff are brilliant. we cant fault it, Also the pool lifeguards are very attentive and look after the kids very well. However there is one huge problem, the quality and value of the food, the lack of suffient kids menus and the enormous drinks prices. A can of coke costs £5, a pint of beer costs £14 and the cost for the buffet for childen is £29 and this doesnt even include a drink!!!! There is a bar that has a happy hour however the bar staff seem reluctant to promote it and dont even know how to make any cocktails. We wouldnt mind paying some of the unjustified high food costs if the quality of food was that of a 5 star hotel but so far we've had overcooked prawns and seabass at the speciality seafood restaurant and burnt steak which was requested as rare in the grill restaurant. The steak was sent back and amazingly the same piece of steak was sent back cooked even more!!!
On previous trip advisor reviews I notice that Frederic Picard sends a reply to previous guests asking them to ccontact him to resolve their issues. I challenge Monsieur Picard to contact me before we leave to resolve our issues . We are the PATEL family with 4 adults and 3 children so we cant be that hard to locate. So far we are on day 3 and between the 7 of us we have spent £1600. The high costs of food and beverage in this hotel is ruining our holiday slightly as we are constantly looking at prices before we order anything and this shouldnt be the case on a holiday.
Should Monsieur Picard not contact me I will assume that he just sends out that standard email to everyone that has a problem and is not actually resolving any issues here, I will do an updated review if he contacts me otherwise I dont think anyone should come here. I would recommend any of the dubai or far east hotels for the same prices!!!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Mazagan Beach Resort is a magical destination combining relaxation, leisure and sports through its infrastructures: Golf, Spa, Casino, Kids Club, restaurants. All the amenities are built to facilitate the stay. The hotel is set in 250 hectares of landscape with a private beach of 7km and features a 180° view over the Atlantic Ocean, a very good recommendation for families (special offers for children rooms), couples & singles. The design of the 500 luxurious and spacious rooms (42 m2), the flavours of Moroccan gastronomy and the Spa ensure you an authentic memorable experience. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Mazagan Beach & Golf Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mazagan Beach Hotel El Jadida
- Mazagan Beach & Golf Resort Morocco/El Jadida