“Could be a fantastic hotel. There is a lot of potential here!!!! needs some work first”

Mazagan Beach & Golf Resort
Ranked #1 of 11 Hotels in El Jadida
Reviewed 24 October 2010

We are currently staying at Mazagan bach resort. We have been here for 3 days now and have 5 days remaining. First off I'd like to say Mazagan is a lovely hotel with masses of potential. We arrived to a very efficient and friendly check in at hotel and were in our interconnecting rooms within 20 minutes. We requested more hangers and a dvd player which were delivered to our rooms promptly. So for us service is not a problem. The kids club is fantastic, our childen enjoy going there and its staff are brilliant. we cant fault it, Also the pool lifeguards are very attentive and look after the kids very well. However there is one huge problem, the quality and value of the food, the lack of suffient kids menus and the enormous drinks prices. A can of coke costs £5, a pint of beer costs £14 and the cost for the buffet for childen is £29 and this doesnt even include a drink!!!! There is a bar that has a happy hour however the bar staff seem reluctant to promote it and dont even know how to make any cocktails. We wouldnt mind paying some of the unjustified high food costs if the quality of food was that of a 5 star hotel but so far we've had overcooked prawns and seabass at the speciality seafood restaurant and burnt steak which was requested as rare in the grill restaurant. The steak was sent back and amazingly the same piece of steak was sent back cooked even more!!!
On previous trip advisor reviews I notice that Frederic Picard sends a reply to previous guests asking them to ccontact him to resolve their issues. I challenge Monsieur Picard to contact me before we leave to resolve our issues . We are the PATEL family with 4 adults and 3 children so we cant be that hard to locate. So far we are on day 3 and between the 7 of us we have spent £1600. The high costs of food and beverage in this hotel is ruining our holiday slightly as we are constantly looking at prices before we order anything and this shouldnt be the case on a holiday.
Should Monsieur Picard not contact me I will assume that he just sends out that standard email to everyone that has a problem and is not actually resolving any issues here, I will do an updated review if he contacts me otherwise I dont think anyone should come here. I would recommend any of the dubai or far east hotels for the same prices!!!!!

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank pazraj
MazaganBeachResort, General Manager at Mazagan Beach & Golf Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 9 November 2010

Dear Mr Patel,
Thank you for your post.
As you rightly noticed, I am indeed reading all the posts on Trip Advisor and it has been a great pleasure to meeting you while you were staying at the Mazagan Beach Resort.
I am glad I could talk to you and know more about the ins and out of your stay.
I trust you spent a good time with us and the billing issue has been solved, thank you for raising that point. Customers well being are our main concern at the Mazagan Beach Resort.
As well, I would like to thank you for acknowledging the good points at Mazagan.
I’m convinced we will see you back at the Mazagan Beach Resort.
Best regards,

There are newer reviews for Mazagan Beach & Golf Resort

Reviewed 21 October 2010

A “touch” of Quality has almost everything about this hotel.

Nothing really surprising, outstanding, extremely special, except one thing: attentiveness, hospitality and willing to help of every employee I met as well as a quality of a car, which picked me up at the airport; a quality of hotel furniture and equipment (room, SPA, restaurants, pool etc); a quality of food & beverage; wide “assortment” in SPA; all-round cleanness and “well-groomed” territory – were of a constantly good quality every day.
Possibly, I was lucky and nothing and nobody spoiled my vacation, but I would rather suppose that Good Quality is what Mazagan offers to its clients.

Indeed, there are some things which seem to me a bit strange and were unexpected regarding a resort hotel of 5*: e.g. higher room price for weekends; additional 30DR cost to room service, which is not free of charge; poor choice at breakfast; absence of bathrobe in the room; mini-bar and drinking water to pay for; absence of changing rooms, toilets and bars on the beach.
To find pork bacon on breakfast seemed to me also strange in Muslim country…

I enjoyed my 10 days stay at Mazagan and would like to thank every employee and management team.
I’m not sure if I come back to the hotel, because I like to experience different places, but I’m sure that I’ll come back to the country and will recommend Mazagan to my friends, colleagues and partners.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled solo
1  Thank Khokhloma
MazaganBeachResort, General Manager at Mazagan Beach & Golf Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 22 October 2010

Dear Mazagan Customer,
Thank you for taking the time to post your positive comments on Trip Advisor. As you probably noticed to my replies to numerous posts, guest feedback is very important to me.
In line with this very special attention to guest reviews, The Mazagan Beach Resort is as well hiring the services of a company, Market Metrix, to conduct surveys with all of our customers. I am glad to announce that the satisfaction index for September 2010 is 78,5% . Thus I am confident we are pointing in the right direction and I will continue to read all reviews and bring special attention to guest comments.
Yours sincerely,

Reviewed 19 October 2010

positive points...food is really good and clean...calm place to stay for a short holiday,because it s a bit expansive...beautiful swimming pool..it was a bit cold for a swim...negatives : expansive drinks..they serve you a half full glass for drinks...(don't order martini bianco or rosso :just a half glass...really) and stuff was nice,but they don't laugh or even smile maybe you should pay them to smile at you..!!! i can remember one poor (bello barista era una persona divertente) was talking at me...once a short guy with a tie,( his boss...i think ) told him something with ANGER eyes (in arabo.), he stopped talking with me !!! maybe it was about me (:s) ???......anyway,nice holiday i spent but (mai tornare indietro)...

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled solo
Reviewed 6 October 2010

Other reviewers of this hotel have it spot on!

The positves - The hotel is lovely to look at and the breakfast is very good. The rooms are big and clean and the pool and sunbeds are great. The setting is also lovely with the Atlantic waves right on the doorstep. The gym and spa is lovely

The negatives - hell this place is expensive to eat and drink in. We were paying £4.50 for a diet tonic water and £6.20 for a small bottle of beer. The service was aloof and poor. I called reception four or five times one evening and could not get them to answer the telephone so walked down to reception to find three receptionists standing talking to each other - very poor. Other reviewers have said similar things and it is interesting that the hotel management comment each time on here that they are grateful for the feedback - why have they not yet sorted the service out!

Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Pale-Lily
Reviewed 2 September 2010

A wonderful location and a great private beach, about seven kilometers long. The hotel himself need some experience and the service is not at the level of the hotel. The staff and peolple are nice but with no experience of what we may wait from a five star hotel. We rent a very expensive suite with great sea wiew and the fisrt night we have as a present two small bottles of water, but nothing the others days, neither in the very small frigo. I complain with the room service and they explain me that the free bottles were only the first day and that the are no space for them in the fridge...In fact in the kitchen we had a big fridge...The last day the driver of the hotel was more than30 min. late for the airport.
Anyway,these small detail will probably be improved later and the location is exceptionnal and worth the stay if you are not to exacting.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Angeltwo
MazaganBeachResort, General Manager at Mazagan Beach & Golf Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 29 September 2010

Dear "Angeltwo",
Thank you for your post and your comments. We have taken into consideration all the good points raised in your post. We are working on numerous on and off job trainings and we are confident we can raise our level of service as we cant' be satisfied when a customer is not happy with our service standards.
We hope to see you again at the Mazagan Beach Resort .Thank you again.
Best regards

Reviewed 27 August 2010

Mazagan is a great hotel and as I entered I was speechless the first few steps were as if I was walking into a palace. Although it is a great hotel there are a few downs such as the service. I had to go to the reception and while I was there I waited for about half an hour which was really annoying. Mazagan has great activities to do through out the day such as water sports if you are willing to pay the price. There many clubs to go to for kids and personally I loved the activities we did. The life guards in the beach are really kind especially Zeroil. In my opinion lunch wasn't really that a pleasure to eat, unlike breakfast and dinner which were delicious.
My family have been to Mazagan twice and apart from the service in the and price I would recommend it to any family how want to relax and have fun.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with family

Dear Nada,
I would like to take this time and thank you for your comments and feedback.
The Mazagan team is working hard at making the vacation of our dear customers unforgettable and, where we know that we have some weak points, we are making our utmost to improve our service every day.
We hope to welcome you a third time at the Mazagan Beach Resort and thank you again for your time.
With best regards,

Reviewed 22 August 2010

Stayed here for 10 days booked direct which all went well. Arrived late afternoon no one to take our bags trotted through to reception very busy took over 20 mins to be seen, rooms were not ready took over an hour to get our two interconnecting rooms. Our smoke alarm went off for no reason in a room at 2.30am thankfully not the childrens, they took the unit away promising to replace the next wasnt there when we left room 2207 if you get it! Saw the reception manager the next day, they just dont get customer service food is average with little choice not the 10 restaraunts advertised! Just swerve it not worth the drive from the airport we go away 4 times a year this hotel will not be on the revisit list!

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank Darren042

Dear Darren 042,
Thank you for your post and your comments.
I'm sorry to hear that your rooms were not ready at your time of check in. At the time of your stay, we were in the middle of the high season with a full hotel. It can be difficult at times to ask our guests to free their rooms at the day of their check out so we can prepare it for the next customer. This might have depayed your chek in.
As for the restaurants, our web site advertise 7 restaurants and 2 bars with light food and snacks menus as well as a night club. We are working with the best food suppliers in Morocco and have chefs from around the world as well as Morocco, to offer the best to our customers. It is unfortunate that the food was not to your taste.
Again thank you for your useful feedback.
Best regards,