To start, the positives:
- beautiful hotel and grounds
- amazing, expansive, wild beach
- fantastic kids and baby clubs
- friendly, lovely staff
- professional casino
- interesting activities
- erratic service
- inconsistent pricing
- lack of options for children's dinner (i.e., between 5-7pm)
On the whole, this is a great hotel, and I would easily recommend it to families with young children (esp. those with babies, as the baby club is fantastic). On the flip side, I understand where a lot of the reviewers are coming from when they complain about the service and the prices. I really think the hotel needs to review its pricing model (or perhaps re-read some economics textbooks on elasticity and substitutability of goods). The offering during the day is quite pricey, annoyingly so. The offering in the evening is reasonable (for an upscale resort). A bottle of Casablanca is only marginally cheaper than a half bottle of Volubilia (to be honest, pricing for alcohol is very strange, and while I recognize that taxes play a part, I think the high costs really take away from the relaxation aspect. There are plenty of times when I balked at paying for one bottle of beer at £7 when I would have gladly drunk two bottles if they had been slightly less expensive.
Service is also a bit erratic. Staff are very friendly and fantastic with kids, but a bit slow at times to bring dinner or arrange leisure activities. Mild nuisance but not that different than other places I have stayed.
Overall, though, I would definitely go back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Mazagan Beach Resort is a magical destination combining relaxation, leisure and sports through its infrastructures: Golf, Spa, Casino, Kids Club, restaurants. All the amenities are built to facilitate the stay. The hotel is set in 250 hectares of landscape with a private beach of 7km and features a 180° view over the Atlantic Ocean, a very good recommendation for families (special offers for children rooms), couples & singles. The design of the 500 luxurious and spacious rooms (42 m2), the flavours of Moroccan gastronomy and the Spa ensure you an authentic memorable experience. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Ebookers, Hotels.com, Priceline, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, HRS and HotelQuickly so you can book your Mazagan Beach & Golf Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mazagan Beach Hotel El Jadida
- Mazagan Beach & Golf Resort Morocco/El Jadida