Our arrival transfer forgot to collect us at midnight (!!!!) and with 3 boys aged 7, 11 and 12 - things were not off to a good start. However, on arrival and beyond the hotel could not have been more apologetic and our trip turned from a nightmare (where we just wanted to turn around and go back home) into a dream trip. We have visited many 5 star family resorts principally over Europe over some 10+ years and are always searching for the perfect family resort - and this runs as close to that as we have yet to experience (praise indeed, believe me!). The boys are mad golfers and the golf facilities here are near perfect; we also appreciated no charge, at any time, for range balls which made a huge difference to our stay as the boys enjoyed their independence (its very safe here) and so they spent hours there just having fun. However, its the staff that have made this trip so incredibly enjoyable, nearing and often excelling the levels of service experienced in the USA. Seems bizarre for Morroco perhaps, but thats been our experience.
The kids clubs (both for the younger and the older ones) are superbly equip and have been exemplary as have their staff, learning to speak quickly with them and addressing them by their names. There is also SO MUCH for them to do - much more than the usual stuff and the (private) beach and watersports are the best I've ever seen anywhere.
Overall a massive thumbs up - for families with kids - give it a go - you wont find much better anywhere. Take it from me - I've tried!! The only negative we found was that there was occsionally a language barrier (we dont speak french or arabic!) and occasionally the restaurant service was in need of some attention - but you cant have it all I suppose.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Mazagan Beach Resort is a magical destination combining relaxation, leisure and sports through its infrastructures: Golf, Spa, Casino, Kids Club, restaurants. All the amenities are built to facilitate the stay. The hotel is set in 250 hectares of landscape with a private beach of 7km and features a 180° view over the Atlantic Ocean, a very good recommendation for families (special offers for children rooms), couples & singles. The design of the 500 luxurious and spacious rooms (42 m2), the flavours of Moroccan gastronomy and the Spa ensure you an authentic memorable experience. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Ebookers, Expedia, Odigeo, Agoda and Prestigia so you can book your Mazagan Beach & Golf Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mazagan Beach Hotel El Jadida
- Mazagan Beach & Golf Resort Morocco/El Jadida